The Bills should try trading to the very back of RD 1

Let me first say that I am aware you need other teams to cooperate and trade with the Bills. So here it is, the big IF they could get teams to trade with them that THIS is what I could see the Bills getting in return...

FIRST move...Trade the #11 pick to the Vikings (#17) or Eagles (#19) for their 2nd rd pick (giving up our first pick in the fourth rd to make it fair).

SECOND move...Trade the original #17 or #19 rd pick we just got to a team at the back of the 1st round for a 3rd rd pick.

THIRD move...Jump back into the third by giving up our 5th, another later round pick and next year's 2nd

1......Lawrence Jackson DE (had better production than Harvey and is faster than him too)

2a....Flowers/Porter/King DB (choose the best CB available)

2b....Malcom Kelly (value, Thurman Thomas value perhaps)

3a....Jeremy Zuttah OG

3b....Mike Pollak C

3c....Brad Cottam/John Carlson (best TE left)

4......Dexter Jackson/Paul Hubbard WR (hedging the bet on M. Kelly)

We fortify our DE position, CB position, OL position and also hit on our big need areas in WR and TE. Go ahead and rip it apart now...

I am trying this strategy right now on the Correspondent's Mock Draft.

I traded down with the Vikes for their #73, and am at #17.

Now I am trying to convince Pittsburgh that they can't get D-R-C or Merling at #23, and should trade up to get him will cost them #88.

I'll have 3 RD3 picks if I pull this off.

Let me first say that I am aware you need other teams to cooperate and trade with the Bills. So here it is, the big IF they could get teams to trade with them that THIS is what I could see the Bills getting in return...

FIRST move...Trade the #11 pick to the Vikings (#17) or Eagles (#19) for their 2nd rd pick (giving up our first pick in the fourth rd to make it fair).

SECOND move...Trade the original #17 or #19 rd pick we just got to a team at the back of the 1st round for a 3rd rd pick.

THIRD move...Jump back into the third by giving up our 5th, another later round pick and next year's 2nd

1......Lawrence Jackson DE (had better production than Harvey and is faster than him too)

2a....Flowers/Porter/King DB (choose the best CB available)

2b....Malcom Kelly (value, Thurman Thomas value perhaps)

3a....Jeremy Zuttah OG

3b....Mike Pollak C

3c....Brad Cottam/John Carlson (best TE left)

4......Dexter Jackson/Paul Hubbard WR (hedging the bet on M. Kelly)

We fortify our DE position, CB position, OL position and also hit on our big need areas in WR and TE. Go ahead and rip it apart now...

I would be very dissapointed -- and exhausted -- with this draft.

1. D. Harvey, DE Florida

Best rush-end in the draft. Freakish size/speed/length combo. Immediately impacts pass rushing. Another 10 pounds and he's a complete DE with good run stopping capabilities.

2. F. Davis, TE USC

Becomes an immediate imapct player in this offense over the middle. Also becomes maybe our best red-zone threat.

3. R. Smith, CB OU

Hard nosed kid who is a good fit for our defensive scheme. Could play safety or corner.

4a. E. Bennett, WR Vandy

One of those "always seems open" players. Put up incredible numbers on mediocre teams at Vandy while playing against the nations most athletic defenses. Could be a super-star. Don't believe me check out his numbers and videos.

4b. M. Monk, WR Arkansas

Would have crushed the SEC career TD catches if he hadn't been hurt last year. The shocking thing is that he put up those numbers in the run-happy Arkansas offense with McFadden and Jones getting an egregious amount of carries. Instant red-zone threat.

1. D. Harvey, DE Florida

Best rush-end in the draft. Freakish size/speed/length combo. Immediately impacts pass rushing. Another 10 pounds and he's a complete DE with good run stopping capabilities.

2. F. Davis, TE USC

Becomes an immediate imapct player in this offense over the middle. Also becomes maybe our best red-zone threat.

3. R. Smith, CB OU

Hard nosed kid who is a good fit for our defensive scheme. Could play safety or corner.

4a. E. Bennett, WR Vandy

One of those "always seems open" players. Put up incredible numbers on mediocre teams at Vandy while playing against the nations most athletic defenses. Could be a super-star. Don't believe me check out his numbers and videos.

4b. M. Monk, WR Arkansas

Would have crushed the SEC career TD catches if he hadn't been hurt last year. The shocking thing is that he put up those numbers in the run-happy Arkansas offense with McFadden and Jones getting an egregious amount of carries. Instant red-zone threat.

I like the last two picks but I'd much rather have Jackson, Zuttah, Pollak and either Carlson or Cottam if one of them were still there than to draft Harvey at 11. Harvey only had 8.5 sacks compared to Jackson's 10.5. If Harvey's so good why only the 8.5 sacks? I also read that there are questions about his intensity. He did have a good pro day and combine, but lack of production in college games concerns me enough to go the trade down route and fortify positions so we are not devastated if or when the injury bug hits this team like last season.

1. D. Harvey, DE Florida

2. F. Davis, TE USC

3. R. Smith, CB OU

4a. E. Bennett, WR Vandy

4b. M. Monk, WR Arkansas

I like Reggie Smith a lot and there is no way in hell you will land him in the third round. I would love for him to fall to the Bills second round pick- but feel Reggie Smith will go in the first round. I like your draft though

I like the last two picks but I'd much rather have Jackson, Zuttah, Pollak and either Carlson or Cottam if one of them were still there than to draft Harvey at 11. Harvey only had 8.5 sacks compared to Jackson's 10.5. If Harvey's so good why only the 8.5 sacks? I also read that there are questions about his intensity. He did have a good pro day and combine, but lack of production in college games concerns me enough to go the trade down route and fortify positions so we are not devastated if or when the injury bug hits this team like last season.

The SEC is a much better conference than the Pac 10 and not as pass happy. Thus, sacks are harder to come by. If I recall correctly, most of your posts are highly critical of the Bills' front office. Yet, you want them to draft a player who isn't projected until the 2nd round at best in the first, at a position that is much lower on our list of needs??? :P

I like lawrence jackson should the bills not get Harvey. However, let's not lose sight of the talent that was around jackson compared to harvey. Jackson legit had 4 guys in the front 7 of that defense who will be top 15 picks is Rey Maualuga, Brian Cushing and Sedric Ellis. Derrick Harvey didn't have that luxury. Jackson to me comes off as a guy who's physical measurables will hurt him in the pros. He doesn't have a quick closing burst, nor is he all that fast off the snap. I worry it was the talent around him, that's pushed his stock up to even where it is. I'd honestly almost prefer quentin groves over jackson. Jackson was a good college player, who may not be up to snuff in the pros.

1. D. Harvey, DE Florida

2. F. Davis, TE USC

3. R. Smith, CB OU

4a. E. Bennett, WR Vandy

One of those "always seems open" players. Put up incredible numbers on mediocre teams at Vandy while playing against

the nations most athletic defenses. Could be a super-star. Don't believe me check out his numbers and videos.

4b. M. Monk, WR Arkansas

1. Derrick Harvey reminds me a little bit of Michael Strahan

1a many mocks have Kenny Phillips falling all the way to the giants not if I could help it- let him and Simpson fight it out

4a Marcus Monk- injured beginning senior year when he came back he wasn't close to 100% - I think he was downgraded too much- and is a steal in the 4th