(OT) Question re Pay Per View and movie channels

Peter

My wife and I subscribe to HBO and Cinemax.

As you guys know, after movies are on pay per view, they appear on one of the various movie channels. As a result, once a movie is no longer on pay per view, you are only able to see it if you have the movie channel that it is on.

Is there anyway to find out in advance which movies are going to the various movie channels? That way, if there is a movie that I want to see that will not be on HBO or Cinemax, I can go ahead and see it on the pay per view.

Thanks.

My wife and I subscribe to HBO and Cinemax. 

As you guys know, after movies are on pay per view, they appear on one of the various movie channels.  As a result, once a movie is no longer on pay per view, you are only able to see it if you have the movie channel that it is on.

Is there anyway to find out in advance which movies are going to the various movie channels?  That way, if there is a movie that I want to see that will not be on HBO or Cinemax, I can go ahead and see it on the pay per view.

Thanks.

71196[/snapback]

I think that would be tough to predict...I'll take a guess that HBO, Max and so forth have to take into account a bunch of factors such as royalty costs, popularity of the movie, ratings etc.

A movie on PPV may never show up on the subscription channels. I'm connected to Time-Warner, and their PPV offerings are pretty slim for my tastes. I don't have HBO etc.

BTW, I was essentially forced into a digital cable hookup by TW last month - it came with a DVR box. It's quite nice - 25 hours of you-choose-it recording, 40 or so more channels. I can tape recorded stuff over to VCR tape.

Amazingly (so far) no price increase. :w00t: