Gil Brandt said on Sirius radio that DE Derrick Harvey

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually love Harvey.....BUT....

Do you get rid of a DE?

I still think we might trade for a WR instead of drafting one....

Who knows, I do feel like the Bills do draft well so I have blind faith I guess...

I actually love Harvey.....BUT....

Do you get rid of a DE?

I still think we might trade for a WR instead of drafting one....

Who knows, I do feel like the Bills do draft well so I have blind faith I guess...

I agree with you Tomcat but I don't think that we get rid of a DE, we just keep 'em all. By the way, great insight on the possibility of a trade for a WR.

I don't understand why CB is such of a concern.

I do. There isn't a "shutdown" corner on the Bills roster. Last year the Bills were picking up guys off the street in the off/pre-season and during the year trying to fill injury holes. It was like a revolving door in the secondary. Sure, a lot of that was because of injury but a lot of that was because the Bills secondary was exposed.

The NFL, like most professional leagues, is a copy-cat league. The Giants had their three premier pass rushers in Strahan, Umenyiora, and Tuck. A productive pass rushers always is worth more than a good CB.

We'll see how Kelsay and Schobel do with a better middle featuring Stroud and McCargo. But having another pass rushing option would exponentially make the secondary look so much better. A solid DL in theory makes a mediocre LB corps and secondary (not saying our LB's or DB's are bad) look like gold. It would give the team some more depth, especially with Schobel and Denney being over 30. Besides, this team's strength going into the season was DE, and that quickly broke down.

Gil Brandt knows his stuff, and if he says Harvey is a solid Cover 2 LDE, he's probably right. For the record, LDE is what Kelsay plays, and if the Bills aren't thrilled with Kelsay after this season (the second season of his 4 year deal) Buffalo has a replacement in Harvey.

What kind of defense DOESN'T want a good pass rushing DE?

And who can GUARANTEE that Harvey will be that DE? No pick is a guarantee bona-fide stud. I mean Harvey could be the next Erik Flowers!

I agree with you Tomcat but I don't think that we get rid of a DE, we just keep 'em all. By the way, great insight on the possibility of a trade for a WR.

The thing I like about taking Harvey is not only would we have a good rotation of DE's but GOD FORBID if one goes down our defensive pass rush does not suffer.........

As long as we get a reciever good enough to be able to be the 2nd option option guy and a TE in the 3rd to 4th round I would be happy with that draft.....

I think that gives us incredible flexibility.....You heard it here first. 4/13/08

OK, what was that link for? I know how to type in his name in a search box. :rolleyes:

For quite awhile he has had his rankings up on NFL.com, they are not there this year.

They must have dumped him, if so, I was wondering if he ha shown up writing for another site.

I'm looking for his 2008 player rankings.

Thanks.