Guessing the Draft

For you draftniks out there - could you start giving your opinion on your top five players LIKELY to be available when the Bills make their selection?

It seems to be far too many variables to make an accurate selection after the first round. I, for one, pretty much ignore predictions/choices after the first round since chances are that player simply isn't available. The "fantasy" drafts are just that, fantasy.

When the Bills selection comes around I want to who are likely to be the best players the Bills should consider. Create your "board" - who are your top picks likely to be available in each round. If that Owen Shmidt dude that everyone seems to have in Round 4 isn't there - then what?

For example, the players I think the Bills COULD/SHOULD select (in order) in the first round are:

1. Sedrick Ellis

2. Derrick Harvey

3. Limas Sweed

4. Brenden Albert

5. Devon Thomas

As for the other rounds, I have no friggin idea . . .

I'm no draftnik, but at pick 11, the consensus top-5 are probably limited to two positions - OT and CB. I say this is ignoring the Bills' needs and going with the BPA mindset. Brendan Albert is listed as a guard, but from what Kiper said on the Mike and Mike show the other day, he has been worked out as an OT prospect. A case can be made for Rashard Mendenhall as BPA at #11, but it is highly unlikely that if he were the BPA the Bills would actually draft him.

In the 2nd round it's probably something like this:

1) Brain Brohm/ Joe Flacco

2) Kenny Phillips (if he's still on the board, otherwise replace with your pick of a WR prospect)

3) Pick a WR prospect

4) Pick a WR prospect

5) Pick a WR prospect

5b) Pick a WR prospect