For any uni watch fans out there

Huuuge Bills

logoserver.com shows logos from every major, minor, junior, womens or any other type of league you can think of. There aren't many related to buffalo, but I just thought it was pretty interesting to see just how bad some of the old logos were.

A few of the funniest/worst logos I found were:

NBA:

74-76 Denver Nuggets

Fort Wayne Pistons

71-72 Houston Rockets

NFL:

Dayton Triangles

1926 Duluth Eskimos

Miami Dolphins (with sunglasses/prototype)

1960 Pitsburgh Steelers

1951 San Francisco 49ers

1993 St. Louis Stallions (prototype)

NHL:

1920 Hamilton Tigers (possibly the worst logo ever)

1921 Hamilton tigers

Original Pheonix Coyotes

1929 Pitsburgh Pirates

1934 St. Louis Eagles (just looks bland)

There are thousands of logos here, and I just thought it would be fun to see a little sports history. :cry:

Thanks for the link Huuuuge. I'm a big uni-junkie myself. One of my very good friends say I put too much stock in uniforms, logos, how players wear a uniform (do they wear the uniform like a slob), etc...

Can't help it, it's one of my guilty pleasures I guess.

Thanks for the link Huuuuge. I'm a big uni-junkie myself. One of my very good friends say I put too much stock in uniforms, logos, how players wear a uniform (do they wear the uniform like a slob), etc...

Yeah, I'm kind of a junkie too.

And I almost included the cunucks logo (very ugly), but if I listed every one I didn't like, that would have been a LOOONG post.

I like soccer jerseys and wear them all the time. The old Newcastle United jersey with the the beer front and center is one of my favorite uniforms. Barcelona has nice jerseys-

http://www.wholesalepages.co.uk/directory/...ona_Home_67.jpg

I like soccer jerseys and wear them all the time. The old Newcastle United jersey with the the beer front and center is one of my favorite uniforms. Barcelona has nice jerseys-

http://www.wholesalepages.co.uk/directory/...ona_Home_67.jpg

I do like how soccer jerseys tend to have different designs (verticls stripes ect.), But I don't think I would buy a jersey with a big ad on the front. Just kind of weird to me. I like soccer jerseys like this one.

And you were definately right about those fugly Canucks jerseys. :cry:

I do like how soccer jerseys tend to have different designs (verticls stripes ect.), But I don't think I would buy a jersey with a big ad on the front. Just kind of weird to me. I like soccer jerseys like this one.

And you were definately right about those fugly Canucks jerseys. :sick:

I hear you about the logos. I like the Barcelona one because I support UNICEF and I like the old Newcastle United jersey-because I love Newcastle beer and am fond of Newcastle England. I am all about culture jamming, I hate branding, I am anti corporation, and the bombardment of marketers and advertisers makes me sick. If it wasn't for PBS I would give away me TV. I am kind of a hypocrite though- I have a big collection of soccer jerseys which I wear all the time, especially when I am doing something active (they breath nice and keep you cool). Most of the jerseys have advertisements and some have the Nike swoosh (I abhor Nike! They are despicable!)- yet I still wear them. And one of my guilty pleasures is Starbucks. So I have still not purged myself from the advertising and branding- but I am working on it. Check out the book No Logo by Naomi Klein. It really will make you rethink the corporate world

BTW here is some of the Canuck uniforms that I thought were putrid-

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nhl/vancouver/SneptsVan.jpg

http://sjsharkie.dagnabit.org/hoser/wj-van2.jpg

I hear you about the logos. I like the Barcelona one because I support UNICEF and I like the old Newcastle United jersey-because I love Newcastle beer and am fond of Newcastle England. I am all about culture jamming, I hate branding, I am anti corporation, and the bombardment of marketers and advertisers makes me sick. If it wasn't for PBS I would give away me TV. I am kind of a hypocrite though- I have a big collection of soccer jerseys which I wear all the time, especially when I am doing something active (they breath nice and keep you cool). Most of the jerseys have advertisements and some have the Nike swoosh (I abhor Nike! They are despicable!)- yet I still wear them. And one of my guilty pleasures is Starbucks. So I have still not purged myself from the advertising and branding- but I am working on it. Check out the book No Logo by Naomi Klein. It really will make you rethink the corporate world

BTW here is some of the Canuck uniforms that I thought were putrid-

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nhl/vancouver/SneptsVan.jpg

http://sjsharkie.dagnabit.org/hoser/wj-van2.jpg

I'll check the book out, see how I like it. And I had no idea they had jerseys THAT bad. I'm not old enough to remember ever seeing those. (lucky me)

Yeah, those nuggets jerseys were god awful as well. How can teams come up with this crap and think that it looks good?

I've gotta say the some of the worst logos I've seen (in no particular order):

Mid 90s Brewers (interlocking B and M) just think about that for a moment. :lol:

Current Sabres Slug/Trump hair flip THING

Flaming Thumbtacks

1950s/60s Cleveland Browns. That elf just sucked.

Current Broncos (somehow that logo just reminds me of something Ford would come up with)

Jamestown Jammers (the tasmanian devil thing they had in the late 90s. (WTF were they thinkin?)

Anaheim Ducks (they should just dump the ducks name, nothing good is going to come of it)

Which brings me to my next point.

Worst current uniform regardless of sport:

Oregon Ducks (no matter what sport, those unis just SCREAM "Back To The Future") they're trying too hard to look "edgy" or "futuristic" :sick:

I've gotta say the some of the worst logos I've seen (in no particular order):

Mid 90s Brewers (interlocking B and M) just think about that for a moment. :lol:

Current Sabres Slug/Trump hair flip THING

Flaming Thumbtacks

1950s/60s Cleveland Browns. That elf just sucked.

Current Broncos (somehow that logo just reminds me of something Ford would come up with)

Jamestown Jammers (the tasmanian devil thing they had in the late 90s. (WTF were they thinkin?)

Anaheim Ducks (they should just dump the ducks name, nothing good is going to come of it)

Which brings me to my next point.

Worst current uniform regardless of sport:

Oregon Ducks (no matter what sport, those unis just SCREAM "Back To The Future") they're trying too hard to look "edgy" or "futuristic" :sick:

Spot on for the most part. I disagree with the Oregon sentiment. I like their uni's as I find them to be somewhat cool, but a difference in tastes IMO

I'll check the book out, see how I like it. And I had no idea they had jerseys THAT bad. I'm not old enough to remember ever seeing those. (lucky me)

Yeah, those nuggets jerseys were god awful as well. How can teams come up with this crap and think that it looks good?

I saw a playoff game in Czech Republic when the NHL was striking. Zigmund Palfy played, a bunch other NHL players. I have never seen so much marketing and in your face capitalism. The stadium was brand new and they put a lot of money into it. Every inch of the ice had an advertisement. Same with the uniforms. I was having a hard time following the puck. Every break of action the biggest jumbotron I have ever seen is cranking music and showing videos of ads and skits in the stands. It was distracting. It is only gonna get worse

Spot on for the most part. I disagree with the Oregon sentiment. I like their uni's as I find them to be somewhat cool, but a difference in tastes IMO

Ah well we agree to disagree on the Ducks. Next time I see you at the Lincoln (although being in my late 30s I'm too old to be in there) I'll buy you a beer and we'll discuss. :sick: