Jags WRs and the Bills

billybob

The Jags have added Jerry Porter and Troy Williamson - Mike Walker should be returning from knee surgery and the Jags have spent money signing Dennis Northcutt and Earnest Wilford- Those moves lead me to believe that they will try to move or more likely end up cutting Reggie Williams and or Matt Jones.

So my question is would you be unhappy if the Bills didn't draft a WR in the first three rounds of the draft but picked up Reggie Williams or Matt Jones

The Jags have added Jerry Porter and Troy Williamson - Mike Walker should be returning from knee surgery and the Jags have spent money signing Dennis Northcutt and Earnest Wilford- Those moves lead me to believe that they will try to move or more likely end up cutting Reggie Williams and or Matt Jones.

So my question is would you be unhappy if the Bills didn't draft a WR in the first three rounds of the draft but picked up Reggie Williams or Matt Jones

Earnest Wilford signed with Miami and Reggie Williams had 10 TDs last year, so they will be keeping him. Matt Jones might be odd man out and we could get him for a 2nd day pick is what I suspect if we wanted to make sure we got him. Personally, he's been a bust so far, so I'm not sure why he'd do better in B'lo, but I wouldn't be adverse to picking him up on the cheap if he's cut, but I don't see giving up more than a 7 or maybe a 6 for him on draft day and I certainly wouldn't stop from drafting a WR based on picking him up......

The problem with Matt Jones is that he's a development project at wr. He was a QB that was turned into a WR... He has relied soley on his physical gifts, but has not seemed to either want, or to be capable of, learning /grasping the nuances of a productive wide receiver. I don't know if he'll ever make that step forward... but if he's cut, there will be Teams like Denver, Tampa Bay that would take a shot at him before the Bills would have a chance.

No, I wouldn't be happy with that. Reggie Williams has been a disappointment, but based on last year, I believe they'll keep him. Matt Jones has been a major flop. He's worth taking a chance on if released, but I would never want to go into a season really relying on someone like that.

Reggie Williams had 10 touchdown receptions last year.....and you think he's going to be cut? :cry:

I'm surprised Wilford went to Miami - I thought he resigned with the Jags which is why the Bills didn't take a shot- my bad- yes Reggie Williams had 10 TDs but overall he's getting paid like a a high #1 draft pick and playing like a a decent #2 WR same with Matt Jones- as for being busts I think that depends on what they are being paid- if you are getting paid like a high class 1# WR and playing like a ave #2 then you are a bust- if you are being paid a salary that reflects your performance then you're fine by me- meaning I wouldn't trade for either of them and inherit their salary but if they got cut and were willing to get paid in line with their production I'd take them.

I'm surprised Wilford went to Miami - I thought he resigned with the Jags which is why the Bills didn't take a shot- my bad- yes Reggie Williams had 10 TDs but overall he's getting paid like a a high #1 draft pick and playing like a a decent #2 WR same with Matt Jones- as for being busts I think that depends on what they are being paid- if you are getting paid like a high class 1# WR and playing like a ave #2 then you are a bust- if you are being paid a salary that reflects your performance then you're fine by me- meaning I wouldn't trade for either of them and inherit their salary but if they got cut and were willing to get paid in line with their production I'd take them.

10 TDs is 10TDs--he's not going anywhere.