Some football tidbits.

TE Jeremy Shockey may still be on the trading block. Last month the Giants wanted a 2nd rd pick and S Roman Harper but the Saints nixed the proposal. talks may be heating back up and it could happen by draft day.

http://blog.nj.com/ledgergiants/2008/03/mo..._rumblings.html

Who really believes that fat @$$ Tuna keeping the #1 pick overall? I'll give him credit though, he's trying his best to market that pick the best he can. Hearing him trying to negoiate with the top few picks so early only tells me that he's trying to get someone to bite on a trade. The only problem is, who in the world wants to pay $40-$50 million to a player for the right.

Baltimore, that's who. I wouldn't be shocked to see a 3 team trade here involving Baltimore, Dallas and Miami. Ravens' owner Steve Bisciotti wants offense and this would be a great opportunity to grab their franchise QB. Steve McNair is ancient and Kyle Boller couldn't beat out JP Losman in college, so why wouldn't they go after Matt Ryan?

The posturing that goes on is amazing. The Patriots are interviewing with DT Glenn Dorsey. Even if he did slide to them, what would they do with him? They already have Vince Woolfork, Ty Warren and Mike Wright. They are in some desperate need of LBs. Look for them to try and trade back to pick up some extra picks.

The Eagles have now turned their attention to WRs Devin Thomas and James Hardy. They really do have an interest and need at this position after failing to make a trade for Randy Moss and Larry Fitzgerald. I think that they would still much rather move up in the draft but if they can't they'll most likely go WR because of the value at the #19 pick.

Speaking of WRs, I don't expect the Bucs to go WR at the #20 slot but rather a LB or CB. They already have Joey Galloway, Ike Hilliard, Antonio Bryant, Maurice Stovall and Michael Clayton. It's not that any of them scare me but Derrick Brook's or Ronde Barber's replacements make more sense at this slot.

Here's a Branden Albert interview. Warning! The following content contains some vulgarity (his favorite team growing up was the Dallas Cowboys).

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/interview...ndenalbert.html

Here's some video highlights of Sedrick Ellis' Pro Day work out. Man, this guy looks like an a beast!

http://yardbarker.com/college_football/art...ghlights/233470

Tom Rock from newsday.com reports that the Broncos and Jets' DT DeWayne Robertson already have a contract worked out and a trade should happen by draft weekend. The Jets may only be getting a second day pick for him.

http://blogs.trb.com/sports/football/jets/...es_ripples.html

Former Bucs, Dolphins, and Jets quarterback Jay Fiedler has taken up pro beach volleyball. I hope he keeps that beak of his out of the net.

Deion Sanders appeared as a guest on "Best Damn Sports Show Period" and predicted that Bengals' WR Chad Johnson will not be on their roster for the upcoming season. Hmm, where do you think he'll land up?

Well, that's it for now, enjoy.

I would love to see Ellis slide to the Bills- but doubt very much that happens. A second day pick for DeWayne is a bargain! I wish we landed him along with Stroud. I do not think Devin Thomas is gonna last long and if that is our guy- we need to pull the trigger at 11- if he is still on the board. Competition is heating up for him, especially after Kelly's poor workout

I would love to see Ellis slide to the Bills- but doubt very much that happens. A second day pick for DeWayne is a bargain! I wish we landed him along with Stroud. I do not think Devin Thomas is gonna last long and if that is our guy- we need to pull the trigger at 11- if he is still on the board. Competition is heating up for him, especially after Kelly's poor workout

Don't be too surprised if Miami takes Kelly with one of their 2nd rd picks. This is the type of player and situation (bad Pro Day) that the Tuna likes to capitalize on.

TE Jeremy Shockey may still be on the trading block. Last month the Giants wanted a 2nd rd pick and S Roman Harper but the Saints nixed the proposal. talks may be heating back up and it could happen by draft day.

http://blog.nj.com/ledgergiants/2008/03/mo..._rumblings.html

Who really believes that fat @$$ Tuna keeping the #1 pick overall? I'll give him credit though, he's trying his best to market that pick the best he can. Hearing him trying to negoiate with the top few picks so early only tells me that he's trying to get someone to bite on a trade. The only problem is, who in the world wants to pay $40-$50 million to a player for the right.

Baltimore, that's who. I wouldn't be shocked to see a 3 team trade here involving Baltimore, Dallas and Miami. Ravens' owner Steve Bisciotti wants offense and this would be a great opportunity to grab their franchise QB. Steve McNair is ancient and Kyle Boller couldn't beat out JP Losman in college, so why wouldn't they go after Matt Ryan?

The posturing that goes on is amazing. The Patriots are interviewing with DT Glenn Dorsey. Even if he did slide to them, what would they do with him? They already have Vince Woolfork, Ty Warren and Mike Wright. They are in some desperate need of LBs. Look for them to try and trade back to pick up some extra picks.

The Eagles have now turned their attention to WRs Devin Thomas and James Hardy. They really do have an interest and need at this position after failing to make a trade for Randy Moss and Larry Fitzgerald. I think that they would still much rather move up in the draft but if they can't they'll most likely go WR because of the value at the #19 pick.

Speaking of WRs, I don't expect the Bucs to go WR at the #20 slot but rather a LB or CB. They already have Joey Galloway, Ike Hilliard, Antonio Bryant, Maurice Stovall and Michael Clayton. It's not that any of them scare me but Derrick Brook's or Ronde Barber's replacements make more sense at this slot.

Here's a Branden Albert interview. Warning! The following content contains some vulgarity (his favorite team growing up was the Dallas Cowboys).

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/interview...ndenalbert.html

Here's some video highlights of Sedrick Ellis' Pro Day work out. Man, this guy looks like an a beast!

http://yardbarker.com/college_football/art...ghlights/233470

Tom Rock from newsday.com reports that the Broncos and Jets' DT DeWayne Robertson already have a contract worked out and a trade should happen by draft weekend. The Jets may only be getting a second day pick for him.

http://blogs.trb.com/sports/football/jets/...es_ripples.html

Former Bucs, Dolphins, and Jets quarterback Jay Fiedler has taken up pro beach volleyball. I hope he keeps that beak of his out of the net.

Deion Sanders appeared as a guest on "Best Damn Sports Show Period" and predicted that Bengals' WR Chad Johnson will not be on their roster for the upcoming season. Hmm, where do you think he'll land up?

Well, that's it for now, enjoy.

Good post. I would be surprised if the Bucs go defense in the 1st because Gruden is the coach. The Bucs thought they were going to get Calvin Johnson last year. Galloway is their only threat & he is getting OLD. At the pick # they have a WR is very likely. Chris Landry said today he didn't think the Bengals would trade Johnson.

Isn't it strange that Tuna (Miami) is interviewing everyone BUT Matt Ryan? I think that it's a great ploy to get a team to worry that Ryan will slip to Atlanta and if they want him they better deal with Miami or St. Louis. The only thing with the Rams though, is everyone knows that they could use help on both sides of the trenches and they can just about have their choice at these positions. I see this as a move to get either the Falcons to trade up with them or a team like the Chiefs, Jets or Ravens to make a move for him.

This would figure...

Where are defensive linemen sent their NFL death?

you guessed it... Denver

The Bills are the first team projected to draft a WR. Philly has an asset in Lito Sheppard that can be traded as round 2 value or the equivalent to up from their #19 to #10 or 11. If the Saints, a team that needs a CB does that deal the Eagles will have their pick of WR's. They could also deal Shepard to us because we have also been projected to draft a CB. It is going to be interesting. One thing is for sure living in the Philly area these fans are starved for a playmaker at WR. My guess, Philly is eyeing Devin Thomas because they need help in the return game too.