A New WR, but how about a new Offense

otisly00

It's fairly obvious that DJ and the coaching staff wants a big physical receiver - which we do need - but our real need is a new offense. I really hope Turk comes in with a fresh look on the 'O' and we run more than 10-15 of the same plays a game. And I'm sick of listening to DJ talk about being conservative, running the ball, "we did some good things today, but didnt score as much as we'd like" B.S. Yes, a big reciever will help take pressure off of Lee - but we still need to get the ball more to Roscoe, Marshawn, and Lee in the open field. Throw Freddie in that mix too. With hopefully an upgraded and healthy defense, we shouldnt have to focus on keeping them off the field as much by going run, run, 5 yard bootleg pass to a TE as much.

It's fairly obvious that DJ and the coaching staff wants a big physical receiver - which we do need - but our real need is a new offense. I really hope Turk comes in with a fresh look on the 'O' and we run more than 10-15 of the same plays a game. And I'm sick of listening to DJ talk about being conservative, running the ball, "we did some good things today, but didnt score as much as we'd like" B.S. Yes, a big reciever will help take pressure off of Lee - but we still need to get the ball more to Roscoe, Marshawn, and Lee in the open field. Throw Freddie in that mix too. With hopefully an upgraded and healthy defense, we shouldnt have to focus on keeping them off the field as much by going run, run, 5 yard bootleg pass to a TE as much.

I appreciate your comments but it's not about the number of different plays a team runs. It's about running the plays they DO run correctly. That takes better players. I agree it would be nice to get the ball more to our key skill players in the open field and they tried that last year. But it's FAR easier said than done because EVERY D they faced saw the Bills had only a couple bonafide threats and they took them away EASILY. Why? Mostly because there was NOBODY else to command respect in the areas of the field that would have opened up other areas for Evans, Roscoe, et al. That's why we need that legitimate threat at #2 WR and TE. To open up spaces. Until then, expect defenses to do EXACTLY as they did last year and dare us to beat their stacked fronts and man-over coverages. Especially with a 2nd year QB and RB.

I've been accused of making this up in the past, but it's true: In their SB years, when Jimbo ran the K-gun and called his own plays, the Bills only ran 6-8 different plays in a game. They did it from various formations of course, but their superiour personnel, especially on the OL, allowed them to keep it simple. For those that refuse to believe that, ask Jim or Tasker yourselves.

GO BILLS!!!

I appreciate your comments but it's not about the number of different plays a team runs. It's about running the plays they DO run correctly. That takes better players. I agree it would be nice to get the ball more to our key skill players in the open field and they tried that last year. But it's FAR easier said than done because EVERY D they faced saw the Bills had only a couple bonafide threats and they took them away EASILY. Why? Mostly because there was NOBODY else to command respect in the areas of the field that would have opened up other areas for Evans, Roscoe, et al. That's why we need that legitimate threat at #2 WR and TE. To open up spaces. Until then, expect defenses to do EXACTLY as they did last year and dare us to beat their stacked fronts and man-over coverages. Especially with a 2nd year QB and RB.

I've been accused of making this up in the past, but it's true: In their SB years, when Jimbo ran the K-gun and called his own plays, the Bills only ran 6-8 different plays in a game. They did it from various formations of course, but their superiour personnel, especially on the OL, allowed them to keep it simple. For those that refuse to believe that, ask Jim or Tasker yourselves.

GO BILLS!!!

they key to running a little amount of plays is making sure you aren't predictable, and last years offence was the definition of predictability. more talent, and less predictability will make this offence alot better, and from what Turk has said earlier this offseason, he seems to understand it.

they key to running a little amount of plays is making sure you aren't predictable, and last years offence was the definition of predictability. more talent, and less predictability will make this offence alot better, and from what Turk has said earlier this offseason, he seems to understand it.

I agree it's one of the keys. But the most important key is talented players as everyone knows. With talented players, smart as well, you can virtually tell the opposing team what play you're going to run and they're STILL unable to stop it. While that may sound farfetched to some, it's really not. That's what superior personnel means.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree it's one of the keys. But the most important key is talented players as everyone knows. With talented players, smart as well, you can virtually tell the opposing team what play you're going to run and they're STILL unable to stop it. While that may sound farfetched to some, it's really not. That's what superior personnel means.

GO BILLS!!!

that can be true, but not always, and its alot easier to just be less predictable then having to overhaul a roster with all superior personnel.

Superior personnel will always make teams better, but very few teams have that kind of talent, and you have to play with what you are given, so the Bills like every other team should continue to upgrade personel, and be less predictable. its bad enough when we fans know what they are going to run, but when the announcers broadcasting the games are talking about what they will run next and how they can tell, thats just being way too obvious

I would not be shocked to find out that the only team the pats played frequently that they never had to videotape was the Bills

GO BILLS!!!

Lynch is one of those superior personnel types that Jauron never fully used. The evidence is Marshawn's 18 receptions for a back that has great ball catching skills. Seems that Levy and Jimbo knew how to take advantage of such superior talent. Let's see if Jauron has learned this lesson and actually uses his offensive players to their fullest extent.

Lynch is one of those superior personnel types that Jauron never fully used. The evidence is Marshawn's 18 receptions for a back that has great ball catching skills. Seems that Levy and Jimbo knew how to take advantage of such superior talent. Let's see if Jauron has learned this lesson and actually uses his offensive players to their fullest extent.

agreed. We have the big play talent in roscoe, lee, and lynch - we just havent utilitzed them enough. I wouldnt expect big time contributions from a rookie WR - as it is rare. Change in philosophy would be nice.