Donte Greene declares for the NBA Draft

OnTheRocks

:thumbsup::worthy:

Linky

SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP)—Syracuse freshman forward Donte Greene has declared himself eligible for the NBA draft.

Greene says he made the decision after discussing his future with his family and coach Jim Boeheim.

He led the Orange in scoring at 17.7 points per game, fourth-best in the Big East. He also averaged 7.2 rebounds and led the team in blocks to earn All Big East rookie team honors.

Boeheim was not available for comment.

Whatever. This could help them return to some form of disciplined play. SU box scores will no longer include stat lines like 5/21 FG, 5/8 FT, 18 points, courtesy of Donte who takes every possible shot.

They're still coming back with Flynn, Harris, Onuaku, Devendorf and Rautins.

I think we'll be fine--but what an idiotic decision by Greene. He'll probably ride the pine for 3 years, maybe turn into a decent role player and very likely be out of the NBA in 5 years. You can have all the raw talent in the world--but if you don't improve in a distinct progression, you can miss your chance based solely on timing. For example, imagine if Hakim Warrick came out after his soph or junior year--does anyone believe he'd be getting the minutes and playing this well in the NBA now?

Does anyone feel like they've been sold a bill of goods on Greene? He's hyped up as a superstar, comes in and plays average (and oftentimes horrendously), SU as a result tanks and heads to the NIT...and then he leaves? Whatever dude.

He is nowhere near ready for the NBA physically or mentally. He jacks up crazy shots doesn't play D for the most part. I feel bad for SU but mostly for Donte as his ass will be on the bench most of the time. Enjoy your money Donte but don't spend it all in one plays because that contract if you get one will be your last.

...courtesy of Donte who takes every possible shot.
I think we'll be fine--but what an idiotic decision by Greene. He'll probably ride the pine for 3 years, maybe turn into a decent role player and very likely be out of the NBA in 5 years.

Does anyone feel like they've been sold a bill of goods on Greene? He's hyped up as a superstar, comes in and plays average (and oftentimes horrendously), SU as a result tanks and heads to the NIT...and then he leaves? Whatever dude.

He is nowhere near ready for the NBA physically or mentally. He jacks up crazy shots doesn't play D for the most part. I feel bad for SU but mostly for Donte as his ass will be on the bench most of the time. Enjoy your money Donte but don't spend it all in one plays because that contract if you get one will be your last.

I think you guys are selling him a bit short. While his shot selection, defense and intensity can all be questioned, his talent can not. He's a proto-typical NBA small forward. If he even develops just a little, he'll be a decent player and on the off chance that he realizes his potential, he could be a star.

I think you guys are selling him a bit short. While his shot selection, defense and intensity can all be questioned, his talent can not. He's a proto-typical NBA small forward. If he even develops just a little, he'll be a decent player and on the off chance that he realizes his potential, he could be a star.

Carmelo Anthony would be my standard. He is nowhere near as ready and Carmelo is what I am saying.

Carmelo Anthony would be my standard. He is nowhere near as ready and Carmelo is what I am saying.

He's longer, more athletic and a better shooter than Carmelo. His inside game is nowhere near Melo's at this point though.

Tim Thomas has stayed in The Association for years, earning millions upon millions of dollars.

The longer Green stayed in college, the greater the odds of the gaping deficiencies in his game being exposed.

Leaving now - while he is more "upside" than "risk" - was the right move. Hell, Kwame Brown might be the biggest bust in the history of the NBA, and he's earning something like just under $9 million a year!!! Good move, Donte.

And if Harris' overrated a$$ were smart, he'd join the Syracuse football team and take up TE. That guy has "zero NBA potential/longevity" written all over him.

Tim Thomas has stayed in The Association for years, earning millions upon millions of dollars.

The longer Green stayed in college, the greater the odds of the gaping deficiencies in his game being exposed.

Leaving now - while he is more "upside" than "risk" - was the right move. Hell, Kwame Brown might be the biggest bust in the history of the NBA, and he's earning something like just under $9 million a year!!! Good move, Donte.

And if Harris' overrated a$$ were smart, he'd join the Syracuse football team and take up TE. That guy has "zero NBA potential/longevity" written all over him.

I guess if he's about the money it's a good move. Hell with actually being able to play good b-ball is the question.