I'm with you M&M

Justice

I like Mike Mularkey. I believe he will lead this team to the playoffs in the next year or two. He needs to stay the course. Put together a dominant O-line. Get JPL ready and bring in more players that fit his scheme. He's just a "rookie" head coach but it appears to me that he has all the tools to be a great one. I support him, I hope you guys do too.

I was one of the guys that wanted MM here after doing a little research on him. I think he'll be a very good coach for a very long time in Buffalo, an as ya'll said, it's only 1/4 of the way through his rookie campaign.

But look what's he's done: He's gone after a 4th overall draft pick (MW), cut a popular player (Shaw) for what by all accounts is poor practice habits and to send a message, and chewed the everliving stevestojan out of the 'O' last week, who then took their next two possesions in for TDs.

He's already doing very well IMO. Too bad his players have let him down in 3 of the 4 games so far...

Mularkey will be fine. He has an excellent staff as well. He just needs to get through this year and get some players started that will fit his offense better. Remember, guys in their first year with new teams such as Mariucci and Del Rio had awful teams last year. Now they're pretty good. You can't give up on someone after a few games. Conversely, Gibbs, Parcells and Gruden are struggling. Sometimes it's not just the coaching. The players win and lose the games.

Mularkey will be fine.  He has an excellent staff as well.  He just needs to get through this year and get some players started that will fit his offense better.  Remember, guys in their first year with new teams such as Mariucci and Del Rio had awful teams last year.  Now they're pretty good. You can't give up on someone after a few games.  Conversely, Gibbs, Parcells and Gruden are struggling.  Sometimes it's not just the coaching.  The players win and lose the games.

70750[/snapback]

I hope your right. Although there isnt much to indicate any type of improvement. In fact, they might have regressed. Still, he is a new coach with new systems and deserves at least a year to show progress. I mean, thats the key isnt it? No one really expected this team to be a force this season did they? Im looking for positive progression in OLine, DLine and I hope the defence can become as good as its talent is.

In these first four games (yes, its only 4, but that's what we have so far), how is he an improvement over GW? Seriously.

70728[/snapback]

GW would not have cut a guy like Shaw in the middle of the year and I don't think he ever blasted his team on the sidelines like that.

GW would not have cut a guy like Shaw in the middle of the year and I don't think he ever blasted his team on the sidelines like that.

70783[/snapback]

Yeah, and which coach put Moulds in at QB for a down? (MM) Which one, on 4th and 3 for the game, instead of calling a simple running play up the middle decided to call a play which obviously confused the living s#it out of EVERY player involved and try to RUN with this statue of a QB? (MM) ... Which one didnt challenge Henry being in the EZ in week 2? The list goes on...

70783[/snapback]

As mentioned by the Bills beat reporters....GW also would not have brought in referees to officiate practices. GW thought the Bills could solve their penalty problems "in house". At least we know that MM is flexible and open to change. Thats why I'm not buying his public "lip service" about the Bills not changing their offensive style. During games he will go with what works (if we can find something that works!).

Yeah, and which coach put Moulds in at QB for a down? (MM) Which one, on 4th and 3 for the game, instead of calling a simple running play up the middle decided to call a play which obviously confused the living s#it out of EVERY player involved and try to RUN with this statue of a QB? (MM) ... Which one didnt challenge Henry being in the EZ in week 2? The list goes on...

70793[/snapback]

No one said he was perfect, you have to remember this is only 4 games. You can't expect a coach to be a Bill Parcels in his prime when he just starts out. I'm not sold on him by any means yet, but I think he'll be better than GW.

BTW, the non challenge was not his call, that's a call from the people he has upstairs.

No one said he was perfect, you have to remember this is only 4 games.  You can't expect a coach to be a Bill Parcels in his prime when he just starts out.  I'm not sold on him by any means yet, but I think he'll be better than GW.

BTW, the non challenge was not his call, that's a call from the people he has upstairs.

70803[/snapback]

Oh, I don't expect him to be perfect, but rookie or not, an 0-4 coach is not worthy of any type of praise.

Oh, I don't expect him to be perfect, but rookie or not, an 0-4 coach is not worthy of any type of praise.

70808[/snapback]

All I can say, its good that he's not just hanging back and he is obviously trying to do something to get out of this funk. I'm not going to go lavishing all kinds of praise on him, I'm still in an evaluation mode. Like I said I'm not sold on him yet, but I do like the fact he is trying to do something about it. Where this all leads, we can only wait.

Like I said I'm not sold on him yet, but I do like the fact he is trying to do something about it.  Where this all leads, we can only wait.

70817[/snapback]

Hey, the scenery on the way to the sewage plant might look different than a trip somewhere else, but it will still lead to a big heaping pile of s#it.

<snip>... I'm not going to go lavishing all kinds of praise on him...</snip>

70817[/snapback]

I will.

He and his staff have done a great job putting us in positions to win games. His players, (you know, the guys ACTUALLY PLAYING the game ie, the guys who hold, miss tackles, go offsides, drop passes, miss blocking assingments, et al) have let him -and us- down.

I will.

He and his staff have done a great job putting us in positions to win games.  His players, (you know, the guys ACTUALLY PLAYING the game ie, the guys who hold, miss tackles, go offsides, drop passes, miss blocking assingments, et al)  have let him -and us- down.

70842[/snapback]

Ok, so when we lose, its the players' fault. When NE wins, its the coach who gets all the praise?

So, when we start to win, I dont wanna hear how great Mularky is.

I will.

His players, (you know, the guys ACTUALLY PLAYING the game ie, the guys who hold, miss tackles, go offsides, drop passes, miss blocking assingments, et al)  have let him -and us- down.

70842[/snapback]

That's a great statement; we all complain about how the losses have let the fans down, its more like the players have let the coach down.

I will.

He and his staff have done a great job putting us in positions to win games.

70842[/snapback]

See, I don't get this.

When we played NE, who called a TO in order to call a play that was so f-cking wacky, off-the-wall, and plain old bizzare, when he easily could have called a draw play?

Putting us in a position to win? hardly

Ok, so when we lose, its the players' fault. When NE wins, its the coach who gets all the praise?

So, when we start to win, I dont wanna hear how great Mularky is.

70847[/snapback]

If you've read my posts (under CDCampy) over the years, you'd know that I feel the coaches job is to put the players in a position to:

A-->make plays, and

B--> win games.

I don't care who praises the coaches, I can't control it. So if you're upset about BB in NE getting too much 'pub,' I'd agree. The players play. BB does do a great job of implementing D schemes, and putting his players in the best spots to perform letters A & B above, but those guys go out and make the play/win the game. They deserve the credit IMHO.

So when the Bills go on a run, you'll see my posts and I'll be posting from the same perspective I always have. "The players did/didn't execute (I know, profanity 'round these parts) the coach's plan, and the coach's plan was/wasn't solid."

I like Mike Mularkey. I believe he will lead this team to the playoffs in the next year or two. He needs to stay the course. Put together a dominant O-line. Get JPL ready and bring in more players that fit his scheme. He's just a "rookie" head coach but it appears to me that he has all the tools to be a great one. I support him, I hope you guys do too.

70713[/snapback]

He was a ho-hum player, but he's a bum as coach. the man brings no fire to the game. He's exciting as watching paint dry.