Transition to the NFL

As I look at Buffalo's needs I wonder what positions translate the best from college level to pro? I believe Buffalo's top needs are as follows: WR, CB, TE, FB, and QB, but not necessarily in that order. Now some will probaly argue the QB position but I am about sure JP will be gone after this upcoming season so a new #2 is a must. As far as the other positions which can be drafted and make an immediate impact? I can see reason of need for every position but I pretty much understand the positives and the negatives. Most people say a rookie WR doesn't make much of an impact and while none of these guys are a Randy Moss, doesn't he hold the record for most rookie WR touchdowns? I believe there are a few here who can make some impact. Wr is a toss-up for the fact that you have big&tall and lightning quick. With a couple of good tight ends is the tall WR a must or where should Buffalo go? I already had a mock draft before we got the extra 4th and 7th. With some good feedback I would like to tweak on it. Thanks for any and all help.

Here's some info on it.

Here's what Tom Donahoe thinks.

Brett (Webster): With Bannan in on the o-line, does that mean that you will be paying closer attention to it in future drafts and free agency?

TD: We have paid close attention to the offensive line every year and we will continue to do the same every year forward. The offensive line may be the hardest position to play in football and you're always trying to find talented players who can succeed there. With regard to Justin Bannan, his play yesterday is a great credit to his versatility and his athletic ability. That he could play on the offensive line and that he would want to do this says a lot about him as a player. It's something that we are taking a look at and we are very much in the infant stages of working with Justin on this. It will certainly add to his versatility and the team's versatility.

I've heard a lot of scouts say RB is the easiest position to transition to and that CB and WR are one of the hardest.

Here's more

Last month, Jim Johnson called the safety the toughest position to play in his defense, so it's not likely to be a smooth transition for a rookie from a college scheme to the Eagles' one. Especially if he's converting from cornerback.

Free safety C.J. Gaddis was a standout cornerback at Clemson, but the Eagles saw him more as a safety. Starting his first training camp, the fifth-round pick in this year's draft is trying to keep up with all that he has to know for his new position.

Running Back is the easiest

Running back, according to most NFL scouts, is the easiest position for a rookie to play. Taking the ball and running is something most of these backs have been doing since they first started playing football in the backyard, so one more step up the football tree is no different.