Idol Roundup

John Adams

Inspirational songs. I thought that meant I'd hear a lot about Jesus or at least a good Channukah Song but it was less spiritual that that.

Michael Johns. Great performance of Dream On. The judges were harsh but looking at everyone that came after him, his might have been the best of the night. Another good song. He's chosen a few anthems and hit them all. Continues a strong streak.

Syisha Mercado. OK. Again, her stage presence or lack thereof is a problem. Sure, she's pretty, but she doesn't use it or add much to it.

Jason Castro. He couldn't have looked any more ridiculous unless he was sitting on a giant mushroom smoking a hookah, but that little ukelele (calling the Department of Redundancy Department) was a stroke of prop genius. Smash the watermelon Gallagher--that was actually a good performance.

David "Lee" Cook. He must have drunk from sister Kristy Lee Cooke's gene pool this week because he sucked. The Prince jacket. The song no one knew. The all out suckiness. Ouch. I like this guy a lot and hope he didn't blow it tonight.

Kristy Lee Cooke. She....was................goood. Ugh. How is that possible, after so many weeks of craptastic performances?

Brooke White. Wow, were the judges kind. I've said it before. Brooke + guitar or piano = success. Brooke exposed at the mic with band= failure. This week: failure. She was terrible.

David Archuletta. Everyone's favorite Mousekateer was great this week. Never heard the song but his voice was gold, and the performance was spot on. I don't like him but there's no denying he was excellent tonight.

Carly Smithson. I disagreed with the judges. I thought she was good. The sound mix seemed way off tonight. Could not hear her usually booming voice above the band, but when you could, it was great. Disagree with Simon RE clothes. Her waist starts 6 inches below where her belt was and she was camel-toed to the max.

Top 3:

(1) Johns

(2) Archuletta

(3) Castro

Bottom

(6) Syisha

(7) Brooke

(8) Cooke

Holy role reversals! 2 of my favorites were worst of the night. Hope David Cook can hang in there this week.

That's why she won't win...every time they show her freak husband in the audience it takes away from her vote count.

There's another thread about tattoo's here. Look no farther than Smithson as exhibit #1 of why not to get a tattoo.

Judges influenced the voting too much I think. Michael Johns was NOT anywhere near the worst singer the other night but he went first and got a bad review.

I have a friend who thinks people should vote for the worst performance and that would give a better reflection of the way people feel.

AI sucks!! Michael Johns is gone!! :D:(

:bag:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::sick:<_<

I had this thought after Johns was booted: Instead of voting for the best (or worst, ie Sanjaya sp?) how about voting for the person that does a song with a prophetic meaning if they're booted?

It happens all the time - I remember a couple of years ago someone got botted after singing "It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday" by Boys II Men. This week it was Johns with "Dream On." He sang the lyric "Maybe tomorrow the good Lord will take you away." Sure enough he did - albeit two days later because of the "Gives Back" special.

Just a thought, but it would make viewing alot more interactive.

AI sucks!! Michael Johns is gone!! :sick::(
:lol:

You should be rooting for KKKristy since she's from the NW, thank God her & Brooke are still around. :wub:

Big shocker though, I thought for sure Scream-eesha was gone after she said Mantasia was her idol, WTF?!?!

:wub:

You should be rooting for KKKristy since she's from the NW, thank God her & Brooke are still around. :(

Big shocker though, I thought for sure Scream-eesha was gone after she said Mantasia was her idol, WTF?!?!

Yeah, I've been rooting for Kristy too but I wasn't expecting M.J. to be gone before her. That's :lol: in' crazy!

:sick:

AI sucks!! Michael Johns is gone!! :sick::lol:

Honestly, I don't think their phone lines are accurate. There is no way Johns goes from never being in the bottom three to losing. That dude was my all time favorite contestant. He rocked, and not in a poser way.

Honestly, I don't think their phone lines are accurate. There is no way Johns goes from never being in the bottom three to losing. That dude was my all time favorite contestant. He rocked, and not in a poser way.

People didn't vote for Daughtry. They vote for people they think are in trouble that they like and sometimes ignore a good contestant who has a so-so night. Johns didn't deserve to go at all.

They should change the system to tell people to vote for the person they want off the show. That would get rid of weaker people faster.

Didn't say he was...I simply stated he would have success "close" to what Daughtry has had.

He'll have success close to what Bucky Covington has had.

Can't believe so many people like this guy. I was rooting for him and Sayesha to be next two to go (KLC can go whenever, she's pretty much nothing).