Modrak's reference to Auburn and Alabama

"I decided we were going to go to a few more places this year for the prospective college free agents," said Modrak. "For example, we'll go into some schools that might be between Alabama and Auburn where you're driving and there's a late pick or free agent prospect. We'll stop and work him out and get to know him. It's not all just the top of the heap kind of guys." Source

I wondered if Modrak's reference to Auburn and Alabama was speaking of one of these late-draft guys:

FB RD#7 Carl Stewart - Auburn: too small, and his ypc isn't impressive compared to Joel Collins or Owen Schmitt. Pass.

CB UDFA Jonathan Wilhite - Auburn 4.38 5'9" hammy trouble in 2006: Not a big risk taking him in UDFA, but he's tiny.

DE RD#6 Wallace Gilberry - Alabama: Better, but Gilberry lacks the speed that we want at DE.

Cb RD#5 Patrick Lee - Auburn 6'0 200: Ahhhh, this must be the guy Modrak's talking about. Great Potential & Great speed.

I think they would go check out Alabama and Auburn either way. What he was saying is instead of just going from Alabama to Auburn, they are looking to add some additional stops along the way at some lesser known schools.

Take him with the comp 4th?

I have a feeling that Patrick Lee could go sooner than the 5th. This is because there is nobody better in Round 4 for CB, and I see a need for at least 18 CB's from this draft, and nobody's going to want what's left in Round 7.