SEEMING delay in the announcement of the 2008 schedule

The past 4 years, the NFL has released the schedule on April 5 (2007), April 6 (2006), April 13 (2005), and April 12 (2004).

It always was settled after the Owners meeting and the date of the release was announced about 1 week or more before its

actual release. One would think there is some problem - I assume with one or more of the networks.

NFL Gridiron "gab" is now stating the schedule will be released April 10th

Link: http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2008/03/08/2...ased-april-3rd/

They are already 0-1 this year :w00t:

let's see if anyone else reports that this is indeed the date of the release of the schedule. As of right this second, the NFL Access channel

has nothing indicating that the release will be broadcast on this date.

-rgg

Duh, I can't read it seems - sorry the link was talking about last year. They even got that wrong.

The past 4 years, the NFL has released the schedule on April 5 (2007), April 6 (2006), April 13 (2005), and April 12 (2004).

It always was settled after the Owners meeting and the date of the release was announced about 1 week or more before its

actual release. One would think there is some problem - I assume with one or more of the networks.

let's see if anyone else reports that this is indeed the date of the release of the schedule. As of right this second, the NFL Access channel

-rgg

Duh, I can't read it seems - sorry the link was talking about last year. They even got that wrong.

www.bengals.com is stating the following:

"The 2008 regular season schedule is expected to be released by the NFL the week of April 14."

www.bengals.com is stating the following:

"The 2008 regular season schedule is expected to be released by the NFL the week of April 14."

As I previously noted, there is a live episode of Total Access scheduled for 4:30 p.m. on Thursday the 17th, the only early show that week.

Hmmm....

As I previously noted, there is a live episode of Total Access scheduled for 4:30 p.m. on Thursday the 17th, the only early show that week.

Hmmm....

Last year, as I recall, they moved the show up to Noon (which I thought was rather silly - too early to go home and watch). 4:30 would be great for me! We shall see....

I thought you promised that it was going to be April 3rd? :cry:

I said nothing of the sort. That would've been PFT, and I've spent the last week mocking them (even more than usual) because of it.

You already knew that, of course, so this is for you: :w00t:

-rgg

The earlier that Easter comes in the year.....the later in the year the NFL announces their schedule.

Before anyone jumps on this....please know I am just kidding. Thank you and have a nice day.

I heard Moose on Sirius a few weeks ago stating Fox executives were a little upset at how many key matchups they lost last year to the NFL Network and NBC which made him think they wouldnt let happen again

I doubt the Pats need a bye before playing the Bills.

Then why does the league keep giving them one? Four consecutive years (and counting)...