How many tattoos do you have?

Thirdborn

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you. I always thought of people getting Tats as wanting attention. Kinda like look at me!!!

What ever.

funny you should say that...you know who just got a Pats* tat before the Super Bowl and just got a Red Sux one a few weeks ago...pathetic.

funny you should say that...you know who just got a Pats* tat before the Super Bowl and just go a Red Sux one a few weeks ago...pathetic.

Did you tell him you'll pay to add "18-1" to the Pats* tat? :w00t:

Of course, for me the answer is zero. Can't donate blood for twelve months after getting one; thinking about the reason for that rule is enough to dissuade me.

We manage money. And the first question I ask myself when I'm recruiting someone is would I let them manage my money. Someone with visible tatoos is pretty much out. In my mind you limit yourself as to what careers you can get into when you're covered in tattoos.

while i can understand exactly what you mean to a certain extent, i would say that it also depends on how good you are at what you do.

if youre just starting out and have no track record, yes, youre probably screwed.

but im young, and have a bunch of visible tattoos, and deal with a LOT of incredibly conservative, southern old white guys. maybe they have a problem with my tattoos, but my(and my company's) reputation precedes me. as does the work i do for them and the piles of money i save people.

if you/your product are good enough, people will get over their ridiculous prejudice and unwarranted "fears"

i think knowing this has actually made me more successful, in that i was sure to work harder if i thought i was being judged and held to different standards.

in conclusion... to each his own. thats the way it should be.

while i can understand exactly what you mean to a certain extent, i would say that it also depends on how good you are at what you do.

if youre just starting out and have no track record, yes, youre probably screwed.

but im young, and have a bunch of visible tattoos, and deal with a LOT of incredibly conservative, southern old white guys. maybe they have a problem with my tattoos, but my(and my company's) reputation precedes me. as does the work i do for them and the piles of money i save people.

if you/your product are good enough, people will get over their ridiculous prejudice and unwarranted "fears"

i think knowing this has actually made me more successful, in that i was sure to work harder if i thought i was being judged and held to different standards.

in conclusion... to each his own. thats the way it should be.

The challenge is getting a position at a conservative firm in a conservative industry with visible tattoos. It probably won't happen and you'll never get the opportunity to hone your skills. Is that an old fashioned attitude? Sure, but I work in an old fashioned industry.

The challenge is getting a position at a conservative firm in a conservative industry with visible tattoos. It probably won't happen and you'll never get the opportunity to hone your skills. Is that an old fashioned attitude? Sure, but I work in an old fashioned industry.

right, thats why i said i what you mean and that if you have no track record, youre screwed...

right, thats why i said i what you mean and that if you have no track record, youre screwed...

But my point is how can you have a track record if you can't even start? Unless you're saying that you get a position with a conservative firm, then get the tattoos. At that point you're still screwed because people do business with people they like and trust and that comes from the first impression. Not saying everyone would have a issue doing business with you, but you don't want to limit your possibilities.

But my point is how can you have a track record if you can't even start? Unless you're saying that you get a position with a conservative firm, then get the tattoos. At that point you're still screwed because people do business with people they like and trust and that comes from the first impression. Not saying everyone would have a issue doing business with you, but you don't want to limit your possibilities.

Oh, come on man!! you'd hire Dank. Oh, come on man. You'd hire Dank. He's a colorful guy, look at that smile!!!

JIM... WE ARE AGREEING.

jeez louise.

im saying that if you have no track record, you may be screwed because you wont be able to start to build one. the same thing you are saying. ive been agreeing with that one point the entire time.

however, i can speak from personal experience because i had the tattoos before the track record. i just kept them covered and worked that much harder.

JIM... WE ARE AGREEING.

jeez louise.

im saying that if you have no track record, you may be screwed because you wont be able to start to build one. the same thing you are saying. ive been agreeing with that one point the entire time.

however, i can speak from personal experience because i had the tattoos before the track record. i just kept them covered and worked that much harder.

But you're not agreeing with my point that if you have a track record and THEN you get tattoos you may have a issue keeping that strong reputation. And if your tats aren't visible that's another thing. Kink of like the time I interviewed for a manager's position with a contract food service company. I had been a chef for years with long hair, but I pulled it back and tucked it under my shirt when I interviewed for that position.

Did you tell him you'll pay to add "18-1" to the Pats* tat? :cry:

Of course, for me the answer is zero. Can't donate blood for twelve months after getting one; thinking about the reason for that rule is enough to dissuade me.

:w00t: Nice job giving blood! I go Friday

But you're not agreeing with my point that if you have a track record and THEN you get tattoos you may have a issue keeping that strong reputation. And if your tats aren't visible that's another thing. Kink of like the time I interviewed for a manager's position with a contract food service company. I had been a chef for years with long hair, but I pulled it back and tucked it under my shirt when I interviewed for that position.

You pulled your hair back & tucked it under your shirt? That must of impressed them :w00t: