Stick this in yer pipe 'n smoke it!

From Mel's 4/3 chat...

JC (Coffeyvile, KS): If a DT doesn't fall to #9 for Cincy, is there a WR worthy to take that high due to the WR issues of late.

Mel Kiper: Not even close. The first WR drafted will be Devin Thomas and that won't be until 20 or 21. I think you'll only see two WRs in the first round. DeSean Jackson will be the other. Kelly has slid out of the first and Sweed is a borderline first rounder. So, no. If Sedrick Ellis is gone, then they could look, because they have such a need at this postion, Keith Rivers from USC.

Mel Kiper: The way Ellis could be gone is if a team jumps ahead of Cincy. A team that could do that would be New Orleans. But Ellis would be the perfect guy for Cincinnati.

Interesting from 2 perspectives. Is Cincy looking to trade down and do they feel WR is their #1 need? And...if they are looking to trade down are you interested in Ellis?

Marques Utica, NY : Most over-valued player in your opinion?

Mel Kiper: Derrick Harvey, Florida. He wasn't as consistently productive as I would prefer. He had some games with some big sack totals. But he had some others where he wasn't as productive. You usually see that based on how they come off the board. That's a question you really can't answer until draft day.

Can't say that I only post the ones I like. I've been pushing for Harvey...

Jim, Williamsville, NY: Your latest mock draft has the Buffalo Bills taking a DE with the 11th overall pick - why not a CB which would seem to be more of a position of need?

Mel Kiper: It is. It's right in there. I thought seriously about putting a CB in there. I was within a whisker of putting in McKelvin or Jenkins in there. I had Talib and Rodgers-Cromartie off the board. But in the end, I went with the higher rated player. The Bills didn't get anything from their DEs last year. Having a rotation that includes Harvey wouldn't be a bad thing. I also considered Rivers.

Do you want the #3 corner?

Great find/post bro.

Kiper's not as good at this as he used to be IMO.

1. I think we would take Ellis if he falls to us. Great value there too. But Cincy won't pass on a talent like this, he's made for their D, which is a terrible D. With the WR depth they'll wait until round two or three to go WR. Unless of course CJ is traded, which I doubt will happen.

2. I agree, Harvey has some spotty production, but he's a great pass rusher which is the key to stopping the Pats. He had a monster game when Florida destroyed Ohio State in the BCS Championship Game. Our pash rush was bad, but Stroud's precence along with an improving McCargo should make our sack numbers go up.

3. If McKelvin is around come pick 11, I say we take a long hard look at him. But the Bills may be satisfied with McGee on one side and letting Greer, Yobouty, and James duel it out in camp for the other spot.

Ultimately I think WR is still the way to go.

Not that it matters much, but here's Kiper's top 25.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/melkiper/index

. Glenn Dorsey Sr. DT LSU

2. Darren McFadden Jr. RB Arkansas

3. Matt Ryan Sr. QB Boston College

4. Chris Long Sr. DE Virginia

5. Jake Long Sr. OT Michigan

6. Sedrick Ellis Sr. DT USC

7. Vernon Gholston Jr. DE Ohio St.

8. Ryan Clady Jr. OT Boise St.

9. Branden Albert Jr. OG/OT Virginia

10. Rashard Mendenhall Jr. RB Illinois

11. Chris Williams Sr. OT Vanderbilt

12. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Sr. CB Tennessee St.

13. Aqib Talib Jr. CB Kansas

14. Phillip Merling Jr. DE Clemson

15. Jerod Mayo Jr. LB Tennessee

16. Jeff Otah Sr. OT Pittsburgh

17. Keith Rivers Sr. LB USC

18. Felix Jones Jr. RB Arkansas

19. Leodis McKelvin Sr. CB Troy

20. Devin Thomas Jr. WR Michigan St.

21. Jonathan Stewart Jr. RB Oregon

22. Mike Jenkins Sr. CB South Florida

23. Derrick Harvey Jr. DE Florida

24. Kentwan Balmer Sr. DT North Carolina

25. Joe Flacco Sr. QB Delaware

Dropped

Malcolm Kelly

Chilo Rachal

DeSean Jackson

LOL! OMFG Kiper is going to be freaking out on draft day. That is the most hilarious top 25. LOL! I can't wait to see his embarrassment... This is not even close to how the draft will pan out. ESPN will be rolling mel's best player available and he will be getting madder and madder every pick. LOL! :unsure:

Interesting list(Kiper's top 25).

Branden Albert #9

Rivers #17

Thomas #20

Harvey #23

According to Kiper, Harvey would be a bigger reach than Thomas.....and Thomas a little bit bigger than Rivers.

If OG Branden Albert is legit at #9 I'd be happy with that pick at the #11.