Shine a Light

SD Jarhead

Disclaimer: I went back three pages to see if anyone had already started a thread and if this is a duplicate, please forgive me...

Anyway, I went to see it at the IMAX this past weekend and IT WAS AWESOME! The funny thing for me is back when they were touring for A Bigger Bang my buddy asked me if I wanted to go see them while they were out here. I said no, explaining that I thought it was kind of pathetic to see 65 year old men trying to be the Stones I saw years ago (when I was 13- 1981 Tatoo You tour at "The Rich").

All I can say is Wow was I wrong! That was without a doubt the best concert movie I've seen. The IMAX made it feel like I was there. It was funny because in between songs there were people in the audience sitting near me who would start clapping and then look around and realize they were in a theater...funny stuff!

The sound and cinematography was incredible. Martin Scorcese did a fantastic job by recruiting some top notch cameramen.

The cameos were great too. Jack White and Mick did an acoustic duet and Buddy Guy came out for Champagne and Reefer...!@#$ing awesome! But I'm here to tell you that I am now in love with Christina Aguilara-she is SMOKING HOT in the movie.

Who would've thought that you'd ever see her on stage with Keith and Mick? But it was great.

I could go on and on, but do yourself a favor and see it while it's still at the IMAX (if you have one near you)...you won't regret it.

The only schitty part of the movie was Slick Willy using his clout to get in and meet and greet the band. But it does make for a classic line from Keith richards when he says to Ronnie Wood "I should go tell the President 'Hey Clinton, I'm Bushed!'

too funny...

Disclaimer: I went back three pages to see if anyone had already started a thread and if this is a duplicate, please forgive me...

Anyway, I went to see it at the IMAX this past weekend and IT WAS AWESOME! The funny thing for me is back when they were touring for A Bigger Bang my buddy asked me if I wanted to go see them while they were out here. I said no, explaining that I thought it was kind of pathetic to see 65 year old men trying to be the Stones I saw years ago (when I was 13- 1981 Tatoo You tour at "The Rich").

All I can say is Wow was I wrong! That was without a doubt the best concert movie I've seen. The IMAX made it feel like I was there. It was funny because in between songs there were people in the audience sitting near me who would start clapping and then look around and realize they were in a theater...funny stuff!

The sound and cinematography was incredible. Martin Scorcese did a fantastic job by recruiting some top notch cameramen.

The cameos were great too. Jack White and Mick did an acoustic duet and Buddy Guy came out for Champagne and Reefer...!@#$ing awesome! But I'm here to tell you that I am now in love with Christina Aguilara-she is SMOKING HOT in the movie.

Who would've thought that you'd ever see her on stage with Keith and Mick? But it was great.

I could go on and on, but do yourself a favor and see it while it's still at the IMAX (if you have one near you)...you won't regret it.

The only schitty part of the movie was Slick Willy using his clout to get in and meet and greet the band. But it does make for a classic line from Keith richards when he says to Ronnie Wood "I should go tell the President 'Hey Clinton, I'm Bushed!'

too funny...

I haven't seen the flick yet, but I picked up the soundtrack over the weekend...I am going to try to go this week. I am a huge Stones fan, and I guess I always will be...but the last 15-20 years, I always feel a little embarassed for them. I always have mixed emotions when they crank up the machine again, for another go. Not that I don't think they have the right to fill stadiums, and play their anthems, just I feel a little sad, that they aren't aging with as much appreciation for how great, and important they were. Whenever they put something out like "Streets Of Love", it gets harder and harder to remember that it was the same band who did "Street Fighting Man" or "Gimmie Shelter". Its' just me, my perspecitve as a fan, who holds their important work (say 1963-1978) up as some of the most amazing rock recordings ever. I would sh-- myself if a band now put out a string of albums comeberable to "Beggar's Banquet", "Let It Bleed", "Sticky Fingers" and "Exile On Main Street". It just doesn't work that way anymore....

Gotta say, I am a little disappointed that they didn't leave some of the "warhorses" (Jumping Jack Flash, etc) out of the mix. I went to see the Stones on that Bigger Bang tour, despite my reservations (I had seen them 12 times from 1978-1993), and ended up having a great time. The band can still play, Mick just needs to grow up, IMO...I would love to see these guys just tone it down, and appreciate (and be appreciated) for how great they were at one time, rather than trying to compete with themselves...and no offense to Christina Aquilara, and other people that Mick seems to feel the need to collaborate with over the last few years, but stuff like that just makes the band look really pathetic, and makes me all the more apprehensive about them. Sure she is hot, but why have the "worlds' greatest rock- n'roll band" give credibility to MOR artists, who, frankly, were never as vital, or as important as the Stones were, in their prime...

But if Mick toned it down they wouldn't be the Stones! I mean they basically wheel K. Richards out on the stage (like they do with Ozzy these days) and Charlie Watts isn't exactly full of charisma. Without Mick doing his thing why go see them? I'm amazed at the shape that dude is in at his advanced age. I all but certain he's on some HGH therapy...

Because I will not pay a kings ranson the see the old guys live, I think it was well worth the $12 to see the flick. Let me know what you think after seeing it.

I do have to admit I was very suprised to see Christina Agulera in the movie, but she sure is outstanding eye candy. The funny thing is it looked like Keith wanted nothing to do with her.