12th Man

I remember us being called the 12th man for years. I live near Seattle now and it cracks me up that they are so focused on th 12th man now, but it didn't start until they went to the Super Bowl.

When did the 12th man sign go up at the Ralph?

How long has the 12th man mantra been around in Buffalo.

I remember us being called the 12th man for years. I live near Seattle now and it cracks me up that they are so focused on th 12th man now, but it didn't start until they went to the Super Bowl.

When did the 12th man sign go up at the Ralph?

How long has the 12th man mantra been around in Buffalo.

Never thought of it as a mantra that had a specific start date but the 12th man went on the Wall in 92

http://www.buffalobills.com/history/Wallof...-The12thMan.jsp

Texas A&M has paid homage to the 12th man for longer than anyone else. For years they had a kickoff coverage unit composed primarily (solely?) of walk-ons, with each player wearing #12.

You're actually quite wrong, PNW... Seattle has acknowledged the 12th man since "retiring" the number in 1984 (according to the 'Hawks website), long before they were ANY good. Buffalo didn't retire the number until the early or mid-90's, so don't presume the Bills have any sort of ownership here. To the contrary, they have none at all.

A and M had a lawsuit or something with the Seahawks because they have the 12th man copyrighted. When did we start the whole 12th man talks in Buffalo?

I always thought we should have called it the "12th Person" to better reflect the true make-up at the Ralph. I think that respecting diversity and inclusion for all is a bit late to the table at the buffet of pro-football. How must all the ladies feel being forced game-in, game-out to stare at the "12th Man" on the wall?

I tried getting signatures on a petition one Sunday, but two big drunk dudes in Mcgahee gave me a swirly in a port-a-john. well, they called it a swirly, but unfortunately, nothing was swirling...

Cripes...isn't it draft day yet???

I always thought we should have called it the "12th Person" to better reflect the true make-up at the Ralph. I think that respecting diversity and inclusion for all is a bit late to the table at the buffet of pro-football. How must all the ladies feel being forced game-in, game-out to stare at the "12th Man" on the wall?

Watch out for person hole covers.