DRC

I posted this in a thread the other day, but I was wondering what people think of this. I read in an NFL mock draft on nfl.com that DRC only has one kidney. In such a physical game, I'm surprised no one has ever brought that up. I personally don't want him, but many on this board have said they would be thrilled to have him. Would any of you be concerned with this fact?

Rodgers-Cromartie only has one kidney and it could be a medical concern. His skills are just what the Saints need even though they signed Randal Gay. They could look at linebacker Keith Rivers or a tight end, but the corners will be graded higher at this point.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessionid=3...mp;confirm=true

what does having 1 kidney have to do with playing football, the thing is that the kid has loads of potential to be a top NFL cornerback so why not draft him!

I'm not a doctor, but when I played football in high school our QB got bruised kidneys and was out for some time. I would imagine having only one, makes the risk higher. I don't know if it really means anything, I'm just surprised that it hasn't been discussed

On the other hand, this news does make me question his intelligence. DRC must've fallen for that age-old trick where the girl flirts with him, goes back to the hotel room with him, secretly drugs his drink, and then he wakes up in a bathtub full of ice. I'm not sure he can handle the NFL's complex defenses???

I posted this in a thread the other day, but I was wondering what people think of this. I read in an NFL mock draft on nfl.com that DRC only has one kidney. In such a physical game, I'm surprised no one has ever brought that up. I personally don't want him, but many on this board have said they would be thrilled to have him. Would any of you be concerned with this fact?

Rodgers-Cromartie only has one kidney and it could be a medical concern. His skills are just what the Saints need even though they signed Randal Gay. They could look at linebacker Keith Rivers or a tight end, but the corners will be graded higher at this point.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessionid=3...mp;confirm=true

I replied to this and you might have just missed it but hes what i know

If he has a horseshoe kidney which is what i have it is one large kidney that is in the middle of your back with little protection. This is a little known birth defect but 1 in 500 people have it. I found out i had this after 8 years of football. The first thing my doctor said to me was that i needed to stop playing contact sports immeaditly and i was lucky nothing ever happened to it. If its a horseshoe id worry otherwise no kidneys are well protected and can be realtivly easily treated should they become bruised. Horseshoe kidneys can be extremely deadly tho if damaged and untreated

I replied to this and you might have just missed it but hes what i know

If he has a horseshoe kidney which is what i have it is one large kidney that is in the middle of your back with little protection. This is a little known birth defect but 1 in 500 people have it. I found out i had this after 8 years of football. The first thing my doctor said to me was that i needed to stop playing contact sports immeaditly and i was lucky nothing ever happened to it. If its a horseshoe id worry otherwise no kidneys are well protected and can be realtivly easily treated should they become bruised. Horseshoe kidneys can be extremely deadly tho if damaged and untreated

Thanks for the insight. I would imagine then, after playing college football, that he doesn't have a horseshoe kidney because as you said, doctors wouldn't allow it.