Your Oil Dollars At Work

Dante

Wow. Not sure how the height of this thing stacks up against the late WTC measurement. Sure is impressive though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1811

That is cool!

This £2 billion marvel, designed by American architect Adrian Smith, is packed with technological innovations, including double-decker lifts that can carry 42 people at a record-breaking 40mph to the observation platforms, robotic window-cleaning platforms and a system of pipes to collect condensation from the windows.

It will provide about 15million gallons of water per year – equivalent to nearly 20 Olympic-sized swimming pools.

The water will be pumped into the site's irrigation system for use on the landscaped areas.

There are also 700 private apartments, and residents will be able to swim in an outdoor pool on the side roof of the 78th floor.

That's awesome! Gotta love it. <_<

i think its going to be interesting to see what happens to Dubai in the next 10, 20, 30 years.

there are currently more construction workers than citizens. most of the build-up was funded by the same guy(s).

most of those buildings are sitting empty. most of the houses on those Palm Islands, empty. theyre building the entire thing on spec.

id love to go to check things out, but there just isnt a good way to get there without having to travel through/over "enemy" territory.

Some of my friends have invested in what has been described to me as a company that does general contracting for large scale infrastructure jobs in developing areas. A few years ago they went to Dubai and Bangalore. I'm pretty sure they're still waiting on ROI. :ph34r:

i think its going to be interesting to see what happens to Dubai in the next 10, 20, 30 years.

there are currently more construction workers than citizens. most of the build-up was funded by the same guy(s).

most of those buildings are sitting empty. most of the houses on those Palm Islands, empty. theyre building the entire thing on spec.

id love to go to check things out, but there just isnt a good way to get there without having to travel through/over "enemy" territory.

Something like 80% of the worlds crane's are in Dubai. I got an email a while back with pictures from 10 years ago compared to today and it's just amazing. I'll see if I can find it and post the link...

Here are some of the projects

Before and after