Bills crowd UB football

This looks like a classless move by the Bills, but Mike Schopp on WGR said that being the last pre-season weekend the Bills probably had no choice but to play on a Thursday. Whatever the reason this will kill any chance for a decent crowd at the UB opener. I wonder if either UB of the Bills have any leeway to reschedule?

PTR

Allen Wilson of the Buffalo News wrote me on this topic:

This is not the first time the Bills played a Thursday preseason game that same night of UB's opener. In fact, it has happened several times. The Bills have no control over it. That is the last week of preseason games and most teams play that Thursday because final cuts must be made by Saturday. Teams need that Friday to make final evaluations before announcing cuts the next day. As for UB, it could reschedule. But it's extremely rare for college teams to change game times unless it involved television. So while it's unfortunate the Bills and UB play on the same night there is nothing anyone can do about it.

PTR

Allen Wilson of the Buffalo News wrote me on this topic:

This is not the first time the Bills played a Thursday preseason game that same night of UB's opener. In fact, it has happened several times. The Bills have no control over it. That is the last week of preseason games and most teams play that Thursday because final cuts must be made by Saturday. Teams need that Friday to make final evaluations before announcing cuts the next day. As for UB, it could reschedule. But it's extremely rare for college teams to change game times unless it involved television. So while it's unfortunate the Bills and UB play on the same night there is nothing anyone can do about it.

PTR

Sounds to me like more of a U.B. screw up, since the NFL regularly schedules the last preseason game on a Thursday.