I haven't seen too many discussing us taking LB Keith Rivers

Other than you, and I should have mentioned that...

It's cool. I agree that we should be taking the BPA, especially on defense. Buffalo has no business being selective in drafting for need. Where the Bills have some positions addressed none are very deep. The most effective drafting comes from taking the best playmakers. Several years back the Eagles were loaded in the secondary and then promptly went out and drafted a couple of more. The best players find a way to get on the field and either lead or at least contribute to their team.

There was a time when Buffalo had the best LBs. It seems so long ago when our defenses were down right dominant.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what don't you understand? :devil:

Rivers is a stud who just blew out his pro day and is light years ahead of anyone in our LB corp

But we have a bigger need for a broken WR to challenge for WR#2.

We are riding the treadmill to nowhere and you can't get off.

I cannot believe you trotted that phrase out again. After the last time...

Reinforcing your defensive front 7 is never ridiculous. If we stay put at 11, I hope to see in this order Harvey, an OL or Rivers.

If he is there it would likely mean that Harvey was not and he would be the best player at 11. I would take him or trade out.

If we indeed think no offensive weapon of value is available at #11, we trade down. What are we going to do with a dominant LB corps if the offense does not have weapons to score ? Do we then trust this D to forever give us the ball near the 30 yard line so Lindell can keep booting FGs ? I know I am being overly factious but I cannot fathom how we can go into this season without 1st round upgrade in the WR or TE department. For those that say said WR may not contribute this season, we will be stuck in the same position next off-season also.

I think addressing the TE is more important to our offense than a WR. Adding a quality player in the trenches, OL or DL, is far more impactful. Of course, I'm talking about the 11th pick. If we trade down and acquire another 1st, then we can talk WR while also selecting a Balmer, Merling, Otah etc.

Staying put at 11, maximizing our selections, drafting a WR is not a part of the equation IMO.

I've said in a previous post...If Rivers is there at #11...You have to consider him.....Any of the top defenders (Ellis, Harvey, Rivers) falls to 11....Grab em....Wide receivers notoriously do not have steller rookie seasons. Pick one in the second or better yet package the 2nd and extra 4th for Chad Johnson. If we wanna make the playoffs it's time to make some moves.

I've said in a previous post...If Rivers is there at #11...You have to consider him.....Any of the top defenders (Ellis, Harvey, Rivers) falls to 11....Grab em....Wide receivers notoriously do not have steller rookie seasons. Pick one in the second or better yet package the 2nd and extra 4th for Chad Johnson. If we wanna make the playoffs it's time to make some moves.

:P I like it. Ellis would be ideal IMO but if not Harvey and maybe Rivers. I love the notion of trading for Chad Johnson. Lee and Chad- wow!