Playoff change out

mead107

I wouldn't have minded the playoff seeding change...but it is okay the way it is too.

What I really like, as I read that article, is that they are going to do away with the 5 yard incidental face mask penalty. When I heard about this originally, they made it sound as though all face mask penalties would be 15 yards...but this article gives me the impression that they are just not going to penalize incidental face masks at all...if that is the case, and they stick with it, I am all for it...how many nice plays have you seen over the last few years, wiped out by some namby-pamby "facemask" where the tacklers hand barely grazes the face mask? Of course, I wish they would lighten up on some of the unecessary roughness calls they make, to protect QB's. Most of those, IMO, are incidental in nature as well...

I don't believe it was voted on...it was merely tabled until later meetings (in May). They wanted to see what the initial view was, and will work on making a stronger case between now and then.