(OT) What should Paul Hamm do?

duey

What should Paul Hamm do with his gold medal?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should Paul Hamm do with his gold medal?

• Keep it.
    • Give it to the Korean guy who got screwed and take the silver.

This brings up the whole debate whether events that are "judged" like gymnastics and figure skating are real sports in the first place.

I prefer sporting events where the finish can be quantified.

4785[/snapback]

Just like football and hockey? :rolleyes:

CW

I hate the idea of two Gold medals.

A.) Be the bigger person and give the Gold to the dude who earned it.

B.) Or be a creep and keep the Gold you got because of an error in adding to score.

This event is on the World stage. So readers which one of the two paths above would you like the world to see as American behavior ???

I say be good and select choice A !

I hate the idea of two Gold medals.

A.)  Be the bigger person and give the Gold to the dude who earned it. 

B.)  Or be a creep and keep the Gold you got because of an error in adding to    score.

This event is on the World stage.  So readers which one of the two paths above would you like the world to see as American behavior ???

I say be good and select  choice A !

4800[/snapback]

I believe A is the clear choice. Though calling him a creep may be a bit harsh, one has to wonder how fulfilling it can be knowing that you really didn't deserve the medal hanging around your neck.

All you people who say he should give up his gold medal, are you aware that the South Korean gymnast who was mistakenly shorted a .1 on his start value was also mistakenly given .2 points to his final score? Tim Dagget explained it on NBC earlier tonight. He should have had a mandatory .2 deduction for having 4 holds (where the gymnast pauses for a few moments during the routine) when the limit without penalty is 3. So if we're going to add the .1 for the start value we should also subtact the .2 for the extra hold and take away his bronze medal.

some of you guys are stuck on this "right thing to do" crap...I understand its ur opinion and ur entitled to it but c'mon...a few of u should go back a few replies and read the link that alaska put in...u'll find that the s. koreans made mistakes as well that would cost them the medal...by giveing back the gold all hamm would be doing is putting himself into the "nice guy finishes last" category...how many games are u willing to give up in bills next season when they win and still make mistakes that refs miss....ill bet none....with everything thats going on in the world ur worried about hamm keeping the gold as makeing us look bad...lol...did u watch the rings competition?...that guy from greece should never had won that gold, the huge guy with the red shirt(lol..cant remember his name)stuck his landing and had a more dificult rutine than greece, but u dont see greece returning the gold...if they allow the commitee to take his gold away with replay they better start watching every match that took place in the olympics this year and reavaluate all the points given...like some have said, maybe just give them both gold and shut this thing up...but i dought they do it...they have to deduct the .2 from s korea guy if they r gonna adjust hamm's points.

jmoh

Why should he give up his gold, he did nothing wrong.

You can't blame the athlete for a mistake made by the judges.

Did Tennessee give the Bills the voctory after the homerun/throwback? The ref that made that call was 7 yards nehind the play. Heck he wasn't in position to see if was legal or not and he made the call.

Bad calls happen, deal with it!

some of you guys are stuck on this "right thing to do" crap...I understand its ur opinion and ur entitled to it but c'mon...a few of u should go back a few replies and read the link that alaska put in...u'll find that the s. koreans made mistakes as well that would cost them the medal...by giveing back the gold all hamm would be doing is putting himself into the "nice guy finishes last" category...how many games are u willing to give up in bills next season when they win and still make mistakes that refs miss....ill bet none....with everything thats going on in the world ur worried about hamm keeping the gold as makeing us look bad...lol...did u watch the rings competition?...that guy from greece should never had won that gold, the huge guy with the red shirt(lol..cant remember his name)stuck his landing and had a more dificult rutine than greece, but u dont see greece returning the gold...if they allow the commitee to take his gold away with replay they better start watching every match that took place in the olympics this year and reavaluate all the points given...like some have said, maybe just give them both gold and shut this thing up...but i dought they do it...they have to deduct the .2 from s korea guy if they r gonna adjust hamm's points.

jmoh

5437[/snapback]

Is it really that much to ask that someone type "you," "are," and "your?" :w00t:

CW

he deserved it ........didnt you see the other guy fall to?

people talk crap and dont watch it themselves..........the other guy didnt even place in the individual contests

the crowd is why discussions like this is going on

its crap

Archived