There's rumors circulating at the owners' meetings that

If I recall right, the Packers were interested in JP when he came out. He does have some Favre like qualities(and Farvre like flaws). He might be a good fit in GB, especially since Favre needs to be replaced and I am not sure how good Aaron Rodgers is.

EDIT- I just checked and Rogers had a very nice game against the Cowboys. I think they are looking for a good backup

I defintely agree with you here. If Edwards ever has a good game I would think the Bills would stop looking for another starter, and concentrate on a backup.

Don't get me wrong I think he will be just fine. I mean those horrendous games last year were actually pretty good for a third round rookie. But can you imagine if he ever actually has a decent game? Can you imagine the excitement? Those balcony fashion gloves will be flying off the shelves.

Why would any team want to trade for a player who will be unhappy to be a backup ? If a deal happens, it has to be a win-win for all parties concerned - the Bills, the new team and JP. This year, I am sure JP would rather be a backup in Buffalo than on any other team.

Why do you say that?

He knows the system, Edwards has been known to be brittle and he may have an outside chance of winning the job in camp. All of that would lead to a big payday for him next year.

In Buffalo, they have already named TE the starter, there will be no "camp competition" for the job. TE is their guy, JP is the backup, and will only see time if TE gets hurt or falls flat on his face.

If he goes to another team, they may give him a better chance at starting. GB has Rodgers and Nall. Nall is going to be a career benchwarmer with no career starts, and Rodgers has only the one good game against the Cowboys over his career, with no starts and only seen the field in 7 games over his career. They might give JP the best chance right now, because they don't have a QB with any NFL starts on his resume.

GB is probably the most likely spot for him because they aren't going to draft a QB since they have Rodgers already, and unless they feel Feely could come in and play well until Rodgers is ready, they might take a chance on JP

I gotta totally disagree here. Rogers is the Packers guy and their future (or so they hope). The last thing they want to do is bring in a young QB to compete for the job. Feely is a career backup (except in Miami :blink: ) and seems content with that role. Add to that, he has learned from one of the best and could be a solid veteran mentor. Additionally, Feely played amazing against the PAts*. Has Losman ever looked even like a real NFL QB against them???

Mark it down: Losman isn't going anywhere and will be the Bills backup QB. I think this is a good thing for the team because the options out there are few and far between.

I don't know if the Packers feel he is the future or not, they probably do, but they still need someone incase he doesn't work out

If Feeley is a good backup for someone like Rodgers, why don't the Bills sign him now to mentor TE, and then basically eliminate teh Packers other choice, and making the decision for them on JP?

He knows the system, Edwards has been known to be brittle and he may have an outside chance of winning the job in camp. All of that would lead to a big payday for him next year.

The only part I disagree with is the chance of winning back the starting job. I think Jauron & the coaches have made up their minds that TE is their starter come opening day.

Agree with the other part as answers to Gordio's question. Plus, if he goes somewhere else to be a backup he will be at risk in being let go next year setting himself up to being a journeyman. Big payday next year or not, he most likely thinks that if he is to step in for any length of time, his best chance to showcase his talent is in Buffalo due to, as you said, familiarity with the system but also with the players and their strengths/weaknesses.

The only part I disagree with is the chance of winning back the starting job. I think Jauron & the coaches have made up their minds that TE is their starter come opening day.

Agree with the other part as answers to Gordio's question. Plus, if he goes somewhere else to be a backup he will be at risk in being let go next year setting himself up to being a journeyman. Big payday next year or not, he most likely thinks that if he is to step in for any length of time, his best chance to showcase his talent is in Buffalo due to, as you said, familiarity with the system but also with the players and their strengths/weaknesses.

Mr. phony baloney clean up the city will never "win" his job back.

He is probably banking on Trent's frailty and/or Trent misplacing his gloves and getting frostbite on his widdle pinky. Both are probably good bets. JP will probably get more playing time in Buffalo than anywhere else. When Trent is healthy/toasty, JP is on the bench. Trent will definitely put up more points against our opponents than any team on their schedule except the ones they've played already. JP can't compete with that.

Add this:

Cincinnati Enquirer

Mark Curnutte 04/02/08:

"Word around the league meeting is Green Bay might be interested in signing Bengals backup Ryan Fitzpatrick to an offer sheet to back up incoming starter Aaron Rodgers. Longtime understudy Rodgers will take over as starter for the retired Brett Favre.

Fitzpatrick was offered a $927,000 one-year tender by the Bengals as a restricted free agent. He has yet to sign it. The Bengals would be able to match any offer sheet Fitzpatrick might sign with another team."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...PT02/804020389/