Last time bills had pick 251

K-Gun10

DON'T DISS PICK #251!: For those that don't think much of Buffalo's three seventh round picks including the compensatory awarded today that is not allowed to be traded, I want you to think for a second of the last time Buffalo had the 251st pick. They landed a special teams contributor that played for the Bills for four seasons. Do you remember him? See below.

DaShon Polk (2000 7th round pick #251 overall).

-Chris Brown

DON'T DISS PICK #251!: For those that don't think much of Buffalo's three seventh round picks including the compensatory awarded today that is not allowed to be traded, I want you to think for a second of the last time Buffalo had the 251st pick. They landed a special teams contributor that played for the Bills for four seasons. Do you remember him? See below.

DaShon Polk (2000 7th round pick #251 overall).

-Chris Brown

I really like Chris Brown, but that is kind of an odd comparison. Polk was certainly below average, and not a standout special teams player.

I know he was saying this because it is exactly #251, but it would have been more useful to mention some of the other players we've drafted in the seventh round more recently, such as WR Freddie Smith ('04), LB Mario Haggan ('03), DE Bryce Fisher ('99), TE Jay Riemersma ('96), RB Darick Holmes ('95), and S Kurt Schultz ('92). You never know...

Either way, it's irrelavant. That's MISTER irrelavant to you. :lol:

Don't stick your tongue out at me young man...I once started an irrelevant thread about JP Losman..I don't need a little ingrate like you sticking your tongue out at me... <_<

What this tells me is that the Bills do a decent job in the later rounds, and I expect we'll have more Mario Haggans than CJ Ah You's in the coming drafts.

He was selected "early" at 244, but I will always think that Darrick Holmes could have been a very good running back. He had a very tough life and a serious injury, but for a while, that kid could freaking run! Imo, he ran a bit like Travis Henry. Probably not quite as strong, but I think he was faster.

I wonder what happened to that kid?

He was selected "early" at 244, but I will always think that Darrick Holmes could have been a very good running back. He had a very tough life and a serious injury, but for a while, that kid could freaking run! Imo, he ran a bit like Travis Henry. Probably not quite as strong, but I think he was faster.

I wonder what happened to that kid?

I'll never forgive him for that fumble against the niners on the goal line that they recovered and took back 99 yards for the tocuhdown. I actually thought he was a pretty good back too, but for some reason whenever I think of him that play comes to mind.