ESPNNews goes HD

I can't speak for cable subscribers but it just began this a.m. on Directv. Impressive layout with 'next up' topics scrolling along the top, scores and stats still scroll along the bottom and the ongoing newscast in the big picture. Makes for a great quick check!

Always happy about new sports programming! :nana:

Confused me at first, and the changes will take a while to get used to, but it looks more visually appealing now rather than that morbid, black and piss yellow that was the border.

It's much better now, I'll just have to get used to looking to the left for the upcoming sports.

Not actually on DirecTV...yet. What you saw yesterday was ESPNNews broadcast on ESPN2, which is in HD on DTV.

Expect maybe something later in the week as to a full-time slot for ESPNNews HD on DTV.

Thanks. I wondered what happened all of a sudden. They've (DTV) been having some problems lately keeping HD networks up & running -at least in these parts.

Thanks. I wondered what happened all of a sudden. They've (DTV) been having some problems lately keeping HD networks up & running -at least in these parts.

It's supposed to be up this Wednesday (along with Disney). DirecTV adds their new HD channels on Wednesdays for some reason.