Top 10 reasons we will be much better

Let them hammer away, I will happily beat them down one by one. All I said was he should improve from his play in 2007. That doesn't mean he will be great, or even good in 2008, just improved. I see no logic behind a rookie QB regressing with additional experience from year 1 to year 2. Maybe increased film on that player, but to me that hurts runners more then pocket guys, and I just don't see it effecting Trent.

Well not to discredit you but teams will learn to key off on Trent tendencies. For example he like the short pass and hitting the Tight end. So to counter that the team will pay more attention to the backs and TE's. Until he can constently go down the field to beat that (which he did a little at the end of the year)

As we saw with the second Jets game last year (the only team Trent played twice) when Trent was pressured, (which didnt happen much last year because our line was solid) he looked awful, scared and was making mistakes and then got hurt.

Trents game is far from unfallable. As we saw in the Super Bowl, even those Elite guys can look pretty average if you figure out how to beat them. Trent isnt close to Elite

Just my two cents not saying your wrong

not if half this board had it's way.......why so many are suggesting replacing the center is beyond me.....he is the most important cog when it comes to continuity!

See below

Competence trumps continuity every time. This was the worst offense in the history of the franchise so it is just possible the line could be better and I think Fowler is the weakest player on the line.

I think Buffalo needs to draft a C by the fourth round at the latest IMO. Not only is Fowler a FA next year but he's at a position that can really use a great backup. I'd love to see them draft a C and keep Fowler around and let them both push each other and may the best C win. Fowler may leave if that's the case and the Bills need to prepare for that eventuality.

Maybe you misunderstood the intent of that comment. All franchises with top 5 QB's have a chance to reach the playoffs and super bowl in any given season. The league as a whole is that watered down, and exceptional QB play is the great equalizer for long term success and ultimate success in most instances. If Trent somehow raised his play to that level next year, which I admit, is EXTREMELY unlikely, I feel we have no limitations on what we can accomplish as a team. Brady was often called an overrated check down guy in his earlier years as well, thats is until he just kept succeeding. He developed more to his game down the road, and now will go down as one of the best ever. No denying Trent is not much more then a check down guy at this point, but I think he has real potential as a true west coast style QB down the road. If/when the potential is ever realized it could finally take our team to the next level for a long period of time.

I would like more strength at Center just because we face so many 3-4 schemes with huge DT's. Fowler is often overpowered forcing guard help, freeing one of the MLB's, screwing the pooch on our end. That said, it's nice to return 5 guys, we will see the rewards from that, even if all 5 aren't considered great players (the whole right side from center down could be better IMHO, you just can't have 5 studs across the board).

From what I understand he is, so is AC at OLB. I think many would be shocked to see an OLB drafted early. I expect it. Teams often draft for expected departures the year prior.

Trent Edwards is smart with a better than decent arm and is very smart. I see no reason he won't improve.

I agree with your C assessment.

I think AC will be retained. He seems to like the Bills and they seem to like him.

Nice post. I agree that the team will be better. I won't go as far as saying "much" better. We've still got a ways to go (draft) before we know who are offense and defense are going to be this season. As everyone and their mother has written on these boards, we may add a corner, wideout, defensive end and a tight end via the draft. Once that is settled, we can get an idea of how much better we can expect to be.

#1. Trent will improve, I agree.

#2. Defensive depth - I just hope that we don't need to use these guys again because of injuries.

#3. Continuity - it can't hurt.

#4. Audibles - we've got a young QB, I don't know how much I trust his reads just yet.

#5. Thunder and Lightning - Fred Jackson looked nice but lets not go giving him a nickname. Let's see what he can do this season.

#6. Injured players returning- As long as these guys stay returned we'll be ok. No more injuries. We can't have another season like last year.

#7. Young team matures - hopefully. We have to wait and see what other youngsters we have joining the team.

#8. Addition without subtraction - True we didn't lose anyone, but the guys that we had (and still have) weren't superstars by any stretch of the imagination.

#9. Speed matters - so does skill and durability. I'm not worried about speed as much as what guys like Stroud and Mitchell can bring to the table.

10. Pressure - Stroud and Spence (that's what I call him) will help but we need the rest of the D-Line to improve. McCargo, Schobel and Kelsay need to be way better than they have so far.