ESPN article about WR Bob Hayes

Hayes, Rentzel, Meredith, Morton, Staubach, Lilly, Howley, Jordan, Hill, Thomas, etc. The Landry-led Cows were top teams.

My mom worked for Yellow freight when we lived there and they had office season tickets..My mom was able to get 2 games a year..I still cherish those teams...you want to talk about going through some serious Qb debates..First it was Meredith vs. Morton then it was Morton Vs. Staubach..It was hell for 10 yrs much like here now..The difference being we argue on the message board, in Dallas they fought it out outside the stadium..LOL

My mom worked for Yellow freight when we lived there and they had office season tickets..My mom was able to get 2 games a year..I still cherish those teams...you want to talk about going through some serious Qb debates..First it was Meredith vs. Morton then it was Morton Vs. Staubach..It was hell for 10 yrs much like here now..The difference being we argue on the message board, in Dallas they fought it out outside the stadium..LOL

Small world...a brother-in-law of mine retired from Yellow Freight five or so years ago. He did dock work for 30 years and was a Teamster committeeman. After the '93 acquisition of Preston and that two-tier wage garbage, he ran for and won higher union office.

One aspect not mentioned in the article is the catch-22 of Hayes playing for great Cowboys teams. Many feel that there are "too many Cowboys" in the Hall, etc. Also, he takes a rap as a side-show and a track guy that just happened to play for a great team, but otherwise never put up the distinguishing career numbers, etc. Unfortunately, those viewpoints are distorted. Bob Hayes was a great player, changed the way the game is played forever (like Jim Brown, etc.), and it was partly his presence on the football field that made the Dallas Cowboys one of the most dominant teams of that era.

RIP, Bullet Bob. Your legacy lives on even if the youngsters are blind to it.