Anyone have an Pontiacs?

Mike32282

I was just wondering if any of you had any Pontiac GrandAms or had one at one time....

I'm looking for a new car and took a test ride in one today and it was really nice. There was definitely more room in it, than in the Honda Accord and it seemed like there was a bit more leg room in it, than the Toyota Camry. :devil:

Guest Guest_CajunBillsBacker_*

Yes, I have a 2004 Grand Am. I am very happy with it. I'm a big guy(wide more than tall), and I still find it has alot of moving room inside, even though it doesn't look roomy from the outside. I had a 2002 Dodge Intrepid right before this, and it's like light and day.

Yes, I have a 2004 Grand Am. I am very happy with it. I'm a big guy(wide more than tall), and I still find it has alot of moving room inside, even though it doesn't look roomy from the outside. I had a 2002 Dodge Intrepid right before this, and it's like light and day.

330[/snapback]

That really helps. It didn't look small when I saw the outside of it. But it feels very comfortable and has a lot of leg room and head room. Thanks for the help. :devil:

I've been looking at the same car, Grand Am.  My son is an auto tech at a local Pontiac dealership and tells me there is virtually no warranty repairs on this or Gran Prix's.  Can't say the same for GMC trucks

331[/snapback]

When you were looking at it? What did you find? Do you like it? What does your son have to say about it? No warranty repairs? Hmm, that's interesting.

I have a 2000 Grand Am and am very happy with it, got over 80,000 miles and have only needed minor brake work.

338[/snapback]

Damn, that's a lot of milage. Any problems with it? How does it drive? You comfortable in it? Do you recommend it? Thanks for the help. :D

Damn, that's a lot of milage.  Any problems with it?  How does it drive?  You comfortable in it?  Do you recommend it? Thanks for the help.  :devil:

359[/snapback]

Well, they are almost all highway miles. I drive up I-95 25 miles to work & then back. But it drives fine. I'm 6'2", and am very comfortable in the driver's seat. My last 3 cars have been Pontiacs, I like driving them... but I do think I will go back to a Grand Prix next car, just to change things up a little.

Cool!  I'll have to ask them.  Thanks Jack!  :devil:

361[/snapback]

Mine's a '97 Grand Prix; got it four years ago this month. First one was an '89 GP (bought in '92); didn't even bother looking at anything else when I traded. Little more room than a Grand Am; it's built on the same platform as the Chevy Monte Carlo and the Buick Regal. 3.8 liter V6 engine, which I believe is now standard. (I'm thinking the base-model Grand Am has a 4-cylinder, and most likely better gas mileage, if that's a factor for you.)

There were a few minor recall issues with the '97, since it was the first year of a redesign, but overall I've been pleased with the reliability of both GPs I've owned. I just put 1100 miles on it in the last two weeks (home/Buffalo/Pittsford/Orchard Park) without any issues. And believe me, I drive the car hard - lots of hills and back roads (some of them dirt) where I live.

Mine's a '97 Grand Prix; got it four years ago this month. First one was an '89 GP (bought in '92); didn't even bother looking at anything else when I traded. Little more room than a Grand Am; it's built on the same platform as the Chevy Monte Carlo and the Buick Regal. 3.8 liter V6 engine, which I believe is now standard. (I'm thinking the base-model Grand Am has a 4-cylinder, and most likely better gas mileage, if that's a factor for you.)

There were a few minor recall issues with the '97, since it was the first year of a redesign, but overall I've been pleased with the reliability of both GPs I've owned. I just put 1100 miles on it in the last two weeks (home/Buffalo/Pittsford/Orchard Park) without any issues. And believe me, I drive the car hard - lots of hills and back roads (some of them dirt) where I live.

395[/snapback]

Cool! It's nice to get some good feedback about this stuff. Thanks for the info. I tried the GrandPrix and it seemed like there wasn't much room in it. Maybe I'll have to try another one.

I have a 2003 GrandAm. I'm 6'3 and 230lb. and have lots of room. It's a great car. Doesn't look like it but it can really move. My brother has a 2002 GrandAm and has put over 40,000 miles on it in two years and has not had one problem at all. I recommend it highly.

I have a 2003 GrandAm. I'm 6'3 and 230lb. and have lots of room. It's a great car. Doesn't look like it but it can really move. My brother has a 2002 GrandAm and has put over 40,000 miles on it in two years and has not had one problem at all. I recommend it highly.

410[/snapback]

which GrandAm do you have? Any options with it? Thanks very much! :devil:

I've had two Grand Prix's over the last four years. They were company cars and drove them A LOT. I probably put on 120,000 miles between the two. The first one was relatively reliable. Then second one was towed into the dealer SIX times. Eventually they had to replace most of the electronic systems including the wiring harness. Ironically they diagnosed it correctly right after the warranty expired!

As someone who spent countless hours behind the wheel, I wouldn't recommend a Grand Prix to my worst enemy. Mine got crappy mileage, was uncomfortable on long trips and had a ton of road noice. About the only good thing I can say is that they corner pretty well.

The recently went through a redesign so I can't comment on the 2005 models. All I know is that we switched to Chevy Impalas and IMO they are twice the car the GP is.

Just one man's opinion. :devil:

I've had two Grand Prix's over the last four years.  They were company cars and  drove them A LOT.  I probably put on 120,000 miles between the two.  The first one was relatively reliable.  Then second one was towed into the dealer SIX times.  Eventually they had to replace most of the electronic systems including the wiring harness.  Ironically they diagnosed it correctly right after the warranty expired!

As someone who spent countless hours behind the wheel, I wouldn't recommend a Grand Prix to my worst enemy.  Mine got crappy mileage, was uncomfortable on long trips and had a ton of road noice.  About the only good thing I can say is that they corner pretty well.

The recently went through a redesign so I can't comment on the 2005 models.  All I know is that we switched to Chevy Impalas and IMO they are twice the car the GP is.

Just one man's opinion.  :devil:

419[/snapback]

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't like the Grand Prix, I was looking at the Grand Am, but am not sure yet. I'm also checking out the Toyota Camry and the Hyundai Elantra.

I had a 97 Pontiac Grand Am GT, and i loved it.  But I had a serious problem around 77K miles.  The RPM's would race and then drop and stall out.  No mechanic could fine out the problem so I traded it in.  I'm still sad to this day that I didn't get another one!

422[/snapback]

damn, i'm not sure what to think. Why did you like it so much? What did you get after it?

damn, i'm not sure what to think. Why did you like it so much? What did you get after it?

Well it was a very comfortable ride for a big guy, and it was stylish. i had a nice stereo, moonroof, spoiler, back windows went all the way down, the driver seat felt like a cockpit of a plane. I now have a 2001 Stratus Coupe, moonroof, nice system, red, it's okay but I really don't like it that much. There is not enough room inside and my knees hurt went I drive back and forth from Buffalo to Syracuse.

I was just wondering if any of you had any Pontiac GrandAms or had one at one time....

I'm looking for a new car and took a test ride in one today and it was really nice.  There was definitely more room in it, than in the Honda Accord and it seemed like there was a bit more leg room in it, than the Toyota Camry.  :devil:

320[/snapback]

There's your mistake. Buying Japanese cars that were made with Japenese people's measurements in mind.

There's your mistake.  Buying Japanese cars that were made with Japenese people's measurements in mind.

463[/snapback]

LOL

I am looking at the Nissan Altima and Hyundai Elantra next. Those cars supposedly have the most leg room out of all.

Archived