Game Show Ruins Marriage?

CosmicBills

From the article some of you are too lazy to read....

"If I were a real contestant, Nick would be working from a list of 50 questions painstakingly mined from my psychological profile and interviews with my relatives, friends and enemies. And here's the part I hadn't realized: Whenever anyone is asked a question on the air, no matter how shocking it may seem, they have already answered it. Twice.

On average, producers do the polygraph exam two to three weeks before the show tapes. Nick and the producers conduct a pretest exam before the machine is hooked up and then ask the exact same question, word for word, with the polygraph turned on. The query is then repeated — verbatim — on the show. Assuming you're willing to answer truthfully every time, The Moment of Truth is like an open-book exam."

About the only thing I'm actually surprised about is that we haven't figured out how to make shows like "the Running Man" and others in that book (treadmill to dollars) a reality yet. Won't be long by the look of some of that repugnant dreck...

I don't really respect this show, but I think it's rather melodramatic to compare willing participants embarrassing themselves by admitting their secrets on TV for cash to people getting killed for sport on TV.

I don't really respect this show, but I think it's rather melodramatic to compare willing participants embarrassing themselves by admitting their secrets on TV for cash to people getting killed for sport on TV.

mearly pointing out that we're getting to the point where we might just be heading in that direction...

I saw it when it aired. What's stupid is that they asked almost the same question the second time as the first. That's lame.

Yeah that was weak.

They gave her a chance to answer a different question and then just reworded the original question.