Game Show Ruins Marriage?

CosmicBills

The thing that I don't get is, these questions were already asked to her. She knew every question they were going to say on the show cause they already asked her. She's not hooked up to the lie detector on the show. I'm guessing they do that before the show in a controlled environment.

The thing that I don't get is, these questions were already asked to her. She knew every question they were going to say on the show cause they already asked her. She's not hooked up to the lie detector on the show. I'm guessing they do that before the show in a controlled environment.

Oh ... that's interesting. I didn't know how the game worked. Did she take a lie detector BEFORE the game?

Chances are, she already gave her husband the heads up about the questions. That's why nobody seems as crushed as you think they would.

They both had been quoted as saying their marriage was in trouble, and it was information that had been already discussed.

Why do people watch this dreadful show,,,while well well done shows like Jericho get virtually zero viewers.

Reality shows,,,the dumbing down of America.

I never watch this show, or anything similar because it's vulgar. Anyone who goes on a show like this deserves what happens to them.

PTR

I just watched the clip, and wonder exactly how real it is. First off, how do they get this info to ask these questions? Like haveing the Ex come on, how do they know anything about the Ex? Unless the person is stupid enough to tell the producers everything and then not think they will ask you this stuff.

It doesn't make sence without them doing background checks. Also, how do they know its true or false unless these people have already taken a polygraph test before hand, where they would already know whats going to be asked, and are dumb enough to deny it on TV and lose money. The only other thing is that they determine if its true or False by some other method of watching their reactions sitting there being asked the question.

All the show prooves is that humans are filled with greed and will do anything for money. Basically its asking would you be willing to destroy your entire life for some money? Once you reach a certain point, why wouldn't you go on and keep telling the truth. How much more damage can you cause?

Another craptastic show that will end up fizzling out and off the air in less then a year to be replaced by yet another "ground breaking" "edgy" game/reality show

Tawdry reality shows, tawdry exposés, tawdry dramas.

I don't see what the difference is with any of the above. People, even smart ones, watch shows that titillate them for good or ill. In fact much of what is on TV, what people read, etc. isn't "high art", so you know, who cares?

About the only thing I'm actually surprised about is that we haven't figured out how to make shows like "the Running Man" and others in that book (treadmill to dollars) a reality yet. Won't be long by the look of some of that repugnant dreck...