Patrick Roy's son beats the crap out of other goalie

stevestojan

Patrick Roy coaches his son's (Jonathan Roy) team in the Quebec Major junior league. In the video, you see Patrick think about telling his son to stop, then giving him the OK to go. The other goalie clearly doesn't want to fight. After Roy knocks him down he continues to beat him senseless.

Watch after he is done beating the hell out of him. He stops for a solid 2-3 seconds while looking at him, then throws in one more punch. What an !@#$.

Sorry about the song in the video. Only one I could find without French commentators.

Patrick Roy coaches his son's (Jonathan Roy) team in the Quebec Major junior league. In the video, you see Patrick think about telling his son to stop, then giving him the OK to go. The other goalie clearly doesn't want to fight. After Roy knocks him down he continues to beat him senseless.

Watch after he is done beating the hell out of him. He stops for a solid 2-3 seconds while looking at him, then throws in one more punch. What an !@#$.

Sorry about the song in the video. Only one I could find without French commentators.

Saw on the ESPN crawl that both (son & dad) have been suspended. Sorry, don't recall the # of games.

Saw on the ESPN crawl that both (son & dad) have been suspended. Sorry, don't recall the # of games.

He beats the hell out of someone who clearly didn't want to fight, and then when the guy is completely helpless, punches him in the gut.

Now, I know some will say the other goalie should have done a better job to fight back or protect himself, but this was completely uncalled for.

What the hell was that other goalie thinking? What a freakin kitty. At least try to defend yourself.

Indeed. But, that doesn't excuse what Roy did to him.

I agree with everyone who mentioned the other goalie should have at least defended himself. However, that last punch is borderline criminal. The guy is down and out on his back on the ice and Roy waits, waits, then punches him (the hardest punch of the "fight" as far as I can tell) in the midsection.

That's scum.

I remember a beer league game we played in about 10 years ago....some douche on the other team was playing like an a-hole..slew footing guys and just being a real dick....one of the guys on our team decided to teach him a lesson and put one of the best beer league hockey fight ass whoopings I have ever seen....it was so bad the guys girlfriend was yelling from the stands for the refs to stop the fight....we all laughed...cheers to hockey...

The other goalie (Nadeau) got the last laugh. I believe his team was up 7-1 at the time.

Also, Roy does not appear to be much of a goaltender. He has a 3.96 goals-against average and .866 save percentage.

Actually, Patrick incited it -- Jonathan started out once, but was stopped by a linesman. That's when Patrick started waving, urging him forward.

The other goalie (Nadeau) got the last laugh. I believe his team was up 7-1 at the time.

Also, Roy does not appear to be much of a goaltender. He has a 3.96 goals-against average and .866 save percentage.

The score was the only reason Roy was in the game. He's the backup.

An interesting column by Gare Joyce. (Don't let the ESPN tag fool you -- despite what a few of the commenters on the story think, he knows a few things about hockey): http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=joyce/080326

Full disclosure: I own a Patrick Roy Canadiens jersey. In fact, he replaced Lafleur as my favorite player on my favorite team, and I never did forgive Mario Tremblay for the circumstances that led to his trade. Best goalie of all time... but also a consummate jackass.

Actually, Patrick incited it -- Jonathan started out once, but was stopped by a linesman. That's when Patrick started waving, urging him forward.

An interesting column by Gare Joyce. (Don't let the ESPN tag fool you -- despite what a few of the commenters on the story think, he knows a few things about hockey): http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=joyce/080326

Full disclosure: I own a Patrick Roy Canadiens jersey. In fact, he replaced Lafleur as my favorite player on my favorite team, and I never did forgive Mario Tremblay for the circumstances that led to his trade. Best goalie of all time... but also a consummate jackass.

I like Guy as well. Unfortunately, he has his own issues right now.

Wait a second. When did you start talking about Dom? :thumbsup:

I like Guy as well. Unfortunately, he has his own issues right now.

i drive through thurso quebec on the way to our cottage every summer. He was born there and they have a "Rue Guy Lafleur" and an ice arena named after him.

my point? none.