Ultimate fights expand to include kids

erynthered

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure you are.

Ooh, more baseless fear mongering. Big surprise there.

Why are combat sports a cheap thrill? Because you're too much of a kitty to do them? Because you and the majority of critics don't understand them? Or how about because you're comparing the sport of today to 10 years ago, even though they are hardly similiar?

Heaven forbid the poor kids get to channel their energy toward something honorable. Instead we'll wrap them in rubber and sit them in front of a game system where they can kill zombies and bang hookers for cash.

You know what's funny? You accuse me of fear mongering, then turn around and call me a name? i think you are a closet fear mongerer. :thumbsup:

In 2005, a similar study was conducted by an independent professional evaluator with 840 8 to 12-year-old students and their teachers in New Zealand. Both teachers and children reported after three months that the students used the skills to reduce conflict, that learning the skills increased their confidence and reduced their anxiety, and that they found that the program was “fun.”

A research project for a PhD study on the effects of self-protection training of early adolescent girls trained by KIDPOWER and another organization found that KIDPOWER has all of the elements that the girls defined as being important for their training to help them both feel and be safer.

We are currently working on a long-range study that will lead to accreditation of KIDPOWER as an “evidence-based” program.

Just a quick search. I'll look for more tomorrow.

http://www.kidpower.org/ABOUT-US/

And for you retards. I posted the origianal link because I think that 6 year olds beating the sh-- out of each other in a cage match is wrong. For you to agree with that is !@#$ing assinine. Looks like we have a few that agree with that. If I'm wrong on what I read years ago, to bad. My point is what I wote above. Sorry. :thumbsup:

I have never seen the claim, let alone backing for the claim! :thumbsup:

My 6 year old can beat your 6 year olds ass. Probably put it in the hospital. Kill it, I'm sure.

Though, I have nothing to back that claim up, just like 98% of the sh-- posted on this site. Nice work. And you're a lawyer?

Just a quick search. I'll look for more tomorrow.

http://www.kidpower.org/ABOUT-US/

And for you retards. I posted the origianal link because I think that 6 year olds beating the sh-- out of each other in a cage match is wrong. For you to agree with that is !@#$ing assinine. Looks like we have a few that agree with that. If I'm wrong on what I read years ago, to bad. My point is what I wote above. Sorry. :thumbsup:

i agree with you, on the point of the thread. I am not against kids learning martial arts, boxing, wrestling, etc. But, cage matches for 6-year olds? Please.

As for the "research claims", there might be some truth in it, and i think it makes some common sense. I'm just saying I have never seen any GOOD research that supports (or disputes it, either). Typically, they are anecdotal studies or correlative studies that have few controls.

i agree with you, on the point of the thread. I am not against kids learning martial arts, boxing, wrestling, etc. But, cage matches for 6-year olds? Please.

As for the "research claims", there might be some truth in it, and i think it makes some common sense. I'm just saying I have never seen any GOOD research that supports (or disputes it, either). Typically, they are anecdotal studies or correlative studies that have few controls.

Maybe I misspoke about what I read. I was under sniper fire when I read it. I think.

Honestly. I think kids that get some kind of self defense training when they're young is a tremendous idea. And it will help them to contribute to society in a better way in comparison to kids that don't learn any discipline. I do it with my 6 & 4 year olds. But to have them fight in cage matches is !@#$ing absolutely ludicrous. And to think that some how society is going to be better off because 6 year olds beat the sh-- out of each other is also !@#$ing ludicrous. K?

Maybe I misspoke about what I read. I was under sniper fire when I read it. I think.

Honestly. I think kids that get some kind of self defense training when they're young is a tremendous idea. And it will help them to contribute to society in a better way in comparison to kids that don't learn any discipline. I do it with my 6 & 4 year olds. But to have them fight in cage matches is !@#$ing absolutely ludicrous. And to think that some how society is going to be better off because 6 year olds beat the sh-- out of each other is also !@#$ing ludicrous. K?

IMO it depends on the teacher. Some really are "Cobra Kai" types. Some teach the philosophy and discipline behind it. Much like anything else, check out the teacher and ask them LOTS of questions.

IMO it depends on the teacher. Some really are "Cobra Kai" types. Some teach the philosophy and discipline behind it. Much like anything else, check out the teacher and ask them LOTS of questions.

Those tangibles are endless. The point remainds the same.

Certainly, the term "cage match" has an inflammatory ring to it. As you say, they don't have to be brutal death-matches (yes, I know I'm exaggerating). We shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

But, I predict an element of folks who will use their kids as surrogate dogs, in an attempt to get their ultra-macho kicks. Betting on their kids, teaching their kids to attack (when not in the ring), feeding their kids steroids and such, etc.

It will be interesting to see, in 10 years, what comes of this.

But to have them fight in cage matches is !@#$ing absolutely ludicrous.

They don't fight in "cage matches", sporto. The kids (not the adults) fight on mats, just like they do in every other combat sport. And they wear protective gear (lots of it), and everything is VERY closely supervised, just like ever other sanctioned combat sport event. I don't have any scientific data, but to me it's a ton safer than youth football because your kid is never going to be facing someone who is significantly bigger, stronger, or more skilled because the rules simply don't allow it.

But let's keep pushing the stereotype that the sport is about little kids "pounding the hell outta each other", as if there's even a grain of truth to it.

Certainly, the term "cage match" has an inflammatory ring to it. As you say, they don't have to be brutal death-matches (yes, I know I'm exaggerating). We shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

But, I predict an element of folks who will use their kids as surrogate dogs, in an attempt to get their ultra-macho kicks. Betting on their kids, teaching their kids to attack (when not in the ring), feeding their kids steroids and such, etc.

It will be interesting to see, in 10 years, what comes of this.

You mean like Texas and Florida football programs?