Let's see...that's Kerry 3, Bush 0...

LasBillz

My Libertarian husband, who doesn't care much for either, commented that if you didn't know who was President you'd definitely NOT pick Bush because of his very un-Presidential demeanor, poor communications skills and inability to answer a question.

Yeah, another thread about the worthiness of the President based on meaningless debates where the winner is judged on clothing, demeanor, and diction.

No differences between the candidates.  More big government, regardless.

Go America!

70034[/snapback]

The drool, you forgot the drool. Nose pick, flightsuit and now drool. Wow, don't you know how to select a President?

My favorite line is always "So and so looked more Presidential."

Great, that should come in handy in case he ever has to portray the President in a movie or whatever.

Debates are great aren't they? We're going to determine who is best qualified for the job by having some (probably biased) moderator ask loaded questions and have (just two) candidates answer questions in 90 seconds or less with 30 second rebuttals. Has anyone else ever considered how random and lame the whole system is?? Is there a single issue you could fully delve into and explain your plan for in 90 seconds? NO.

But if you have snappy one-liners, you can "look Presidential".

Who gives a stevestojan?

What's the surprise?

If I get in front of a camera, and state, in so many words or implication, "I will dismiss equal treatment under the law, and extract money from some under pain of fines or jail, and give it to you if you vote for me", I'll look good too.

Again, the words of Ben Franklin: "When the people learn they can vote themselves money, it will herald the end of our Republic".

The Federal government is not your DADDY. If you feel that it is, say goodbye to your Constitutional rights. You are a canal water sucking nebbish.

What's the surprise?

If I get in front of a camera, and state, in so many words or implication, "I will dismiss equal treatment under the law, and extract money from some under pain of fines or jail, and give it to you if you vote for me", I'll look good too.

Again, the words of Ben Franklin: "When the peole learn they can vote themselves money, it will herald the end of our Republic".

The Federal government is not your DADDY.  If you feel that it is, say goodbye to your Constitutional rights. You are a canal water sucking nebbish.

70057[/snapback]

Yep.

Great, that should come in handy in case he ever has to portray the President in a movie or whatever.

70054[/snapback]

Personally, I think Michael Douglas in "The American President" was the most presidential-looking president I've ever seen.

Doesn't mean I'd vote for him.

It honestly was like watching a learned professor debating...

69970[/snapback]

Yeah...right. You sure you were watching the right channel?

It so highly amuses me, the people who seem to think that one or the other of these candidates isn't a blithering idiot. News flash, LasBillz: they're both !@#$ing losers!!!! The election boils down to: which do you think isn't quite the idiot the other is.

Debates are great aren't they?  We're going to determine who is best qualified for the job by having some (probably biased) moderator ask loaded questions and have (just two) candidates answer questions in 90 seconds or less with 30 second rebuttals.  Has anyone else ever considered how random and lame the whole system is??  Is there a single issue you could fully delve into and explain your plan for in 90 seconds?  NO.

But if you have snappy one-liners, you can "look Presidential".

Who gives a stevestojan?

70054[/snapback]

The crazy part is, the "undecided's" will vote from what they here in those two minute sound bites. Nothing like being informed. :(

BTW, sitting here typing this, I feel and look Presidential, can I have your vote? :lol::lol:

The crazy part is, the "undecided's" will vote from what they here in those two minute sound bites. Nothing like being informed.  :(

BTW, sitting here typing this, I feel and look Presidential, can I have your vote? :lol:  :lol:

70110[/snapback]

Sure you can.....Mr. President.

The crazy part is, the "undecided's" will vote from what they here in those two minute sound bites. Nothing like being informed.  :(

BTW, sitting here typing this, I feel and look Presidential, can I have your vote? :lol:  :lol:

70110[/snapback]

The undecided's.....If you're planning to vote but still aren't informed enough to make your decision as of today, please do me a favor and DON'T VOTE. If you have no idea what's going on in the world and plan on voting based on what each guy did with his 90 seconds last night, DON'T VOTE. We should be laughing at these people, not pretending they are important. I'd like to get a panel of 12 undecided's and just ridicule them for about five straight hours. You had half a year to decide, why are you waiting for lame-ass debates??

I might vote for Kerry now that I think of it. Not only can he 'look Presidential' but he's also released about 5000 pictures of him trying to throw a football. He seems like a real All-American kind of guy that way. If you have any of those, maybe I'll vote for you though. Oh gosh, it's so hard to decide!!!!!!

It honestly was like watching a learned professor debating against a C-student frat boy- which OMG Bush really was. 

Flame away, those of you who still don't get it- all you have now is personal insults to make your "points".

69970[/snapback]

Classic. You fling around personal insults to start a thread and then say your arguments can't be refuted, so your opponents will fling around personal insults.

You managed this in two sentences. Classic.

It honestly was like watching a learned professor debating against a C-student frat boy- which OMG Bush really was. 

Flame away, those of you who still don't get it- all you have now is personal insults to make your "points".

69970[/snapback]

Must be amazing to be so " learned ". I'm surprised you waste your time, talking down to the ignorant peasants here. Bet I " get it " more than you.

Personally, I think Michael Douglas in "The American President" was the most presidential-looking president I've ever seen. 

I 'll go with the guy who played Carla's ex on Cheers who played Nixon in the move Dick.