Another Darwin Award Contenter?

slothrop

What the hell - - "damn drill is busted! - Honey! Git me my gun." F-ing square states - we should have let them win the damn civil war.

Man Shooting Hole Through Wall Kills Wife

Deepwater Man Fatally Shoots Wife While Installing Satellite TV

DEEPWATER, Mo. -- Officials are trying to decide whether to file charges against a Missouri man who fatally shot his wife while trying to install a satellite TV system in the bedroom of their home.

Patsy Long, 34, of Deepwater, died after being shot in the chest with a .22-caliber handgun on Saturday. Her husband, Ronald Long, fired the shot from the inside of their home after several unsuccessful efforts to punch a hole through the exterior wall using other means.

Henry County sheriff's deputies said the woman was hit by the second of two shots fired by her husband.

Long was given CPR by neighbors and family until medics arrived, police said. She was transported by air ambulance, but was pronounced dead at the hospital just after 6 p.m.

"He was under the impression that everybody was inside the residence, that he knew where everybody was at,” said sheriff's department spokesman Maj. Robert Hills.

Hills said a person involved in such a case normally would be charged with manslaughter, but that would be up to the prosecutor.

"Once we complete a diagram of the incident, we will be submitting everything to the prosecuting attorney and let him decide if he wants to press criminal charges," Hills said.

Henry County Coroner Scott Largent declined to release details about Patsy Long's death until the sheriff's department completes its investigation.

On Tuesday morning, Henry County Prosecuting Attorney Richard M. Shields said he has yet to receive the case from the sheriff's department.

Neighbor Mark Lassince said he believed it was a tragic accident.

"Bad things happen to good people,” Lassince said.

Patsy and Ronald Long were raising their two children in their rural home overlooking Truman Lake.

"I was in the shower, and the son came in and told me his mom had been shot, so we went up there to see if we could help,” Lassince said.

Patsy Long worked as a carhop at a Sonic restaurant in Warsaw, Mo.

“She was a good person, you know, took care of her family,” Lassince said.

If he had used a .45 or even a 12 gauge shotgun he wouldn't have had to take the second shot... :P

* disclaimer "yes I know if this had happened to one of my family members I probably wouldn't think it's funny to have the 'tards of TBD making light of my loss. But then again, if it was my family I could care less what "we 'tards" think in the first place."

If he had used a .45 or even a 12 gauge shotgun he wouldn't have had to take the second shot... :P

* disclaimer "yes I know if this had happened to one of my family members I probably wouldn't think it's funny to have the 'trads of TBD making light of my loss. But then again, if it was my family I could care less what "we 'trads" think in the first place."

I have already fought this fight, so I won't re-visit it. However, it seems like the wife is paying the price for the husband's mistake.

I have already fought this fight, so I won't re-visit it. However, it seems like the wife is paying the price for the husband's mistake.

Agreed, this isn't really "true darwin award" because the d-bag with the gun didn't off himself.

true, thanks for the clarification - but there has to be some kind of award for this.

If the prosecuting attorney doesn't do anything his award will be no jail time and living with the grief of killing his wife by being a dumb-shat.

(wow, tards, d-bag and dumb-shat in three consecutive posts, I need to get my Coca-cola fix this morning I guess) :P

She married the idiot.

Never marry a guy who thinks a gun will also work as a drill.

I have often drilled with my 'gun'

because: "this is my rifle, this is my gun, this one's for fighting and this one's for fun"

She married the idiot.

Never marry a guy who thinks a gun will also work as a drill.

Lots of women marry idiots. In fact, lots of people on this board are married. I don't think he'll be able to use that as a defense against negligent homicide or manslaughter.

If the prosecuting attorney doesn't do anything his award will be no jail time and living with the grief of killing his wife by being a dumb-shat.

(wow, tards, d-bag and dumb-shat in three consecutive posts, I need to get my Coca-cola fix this morning I guess) :P

For all we know he's using "drilling a hole" as a cover and was trying to off her. This could be the perfect crime.

I don't let just anybody call you an idiot!

By the way, I read your post in the QB bashing is really really bad thread. It brought tears to my eyes.

Me: "Thanks for sticking up for me."

Beersphere: "Well Bullpen if you wiped yer nose once in awhile, people wouldn't give you so much crud all the time."

Now I have to go back and read my post to see what made is such a tear-jerker. :blink:

It was the "self-professed comedic genius" part wadn't it? :P

Agreed, this isn't really "true darwin award" because the d-bag with the gun didn't off himself.

Well in one sense, by killing his wife he has reduced the odds of passing his genes on to the next generation, which I believe is the real goal of the Darwin Awards.

Then again, he probably had his wife's sister knocked up already.

Well in one sense, by killing his wife he has reduced the odds of passing his genes on to the next generation, which I believe is the real goal of the Darwin Awards.

Then again, he probably had his wife's sister knocked up already.

Darwin Award Rules

Killing others: The death of innocent bystanders absolutely rules out a Darwin Award. We don't applaud those who take others out of the gene pool, even if they share some DNA in common.

Lots of women marry idiots, in fact lots of people on this board are married. I don't think he'll be able to use that as a defense against negligent homicide or manslaughter.

:thumbsup: