American Idol Roundup

John Adams

So I'm watching this season for the first time ever. Daughter is enjoying it and I have to admit, I am too. My reviews.

David Archuletta: Besides sharing my wife's birthday, I did not feel it. He's got a good voice and the Titanic crowd will take him far. He better not win.

David Cook: 8 finger forehead man, for me, is the best of them all. He plays guitar. He rocks. Incredible performance, of Billie friggin' Jean of all songs. He should have a career after this whether he wins or not. Reminiscent of that other Idol guy Daughtry, but not pretty at all.

Carly Irish: Great voice and I have a soft spot for that Total Eclipse of the Heart (memories). Slipping a bit in the last few weeks. Still border top 3.

Jason Airhead: Should never talk, only sing. Even then, nothing special. Big revelation this week from the childhood pictures: he's white.

Michael cute-Aussie Johns: Best performance of his by a ton. Can see him as a lead for a pop band I'll forget 2 years after they have their 1 hit.

Ramiel: Sucky suck suck. How is she not consistently in the bottom 3?

Brook White: Brooke + guitar or piano = success. Brooke + band or as front woman = crap. This week, success, despite hiccup at the beginning. And she has my birthday. Top 3.

Seyisha: Whatever. She's got a great voice. She's pretty. She's a bore. She's like the Barbie you get from K-Mart that's $3.99. Still a Barbie but nothing like Prom Barbie.

Chekezie: Like David Cook, he's original. Didn't feel it this week but he doesn't deserve to go home. Yet.

Country Kristy: Ohmy!@#$inghead "God Bless the USA"? !@#$ing red state hick sh--heads will probably keep her alive for another week. Who can criticize a song about dead soldiers? I hate her. Simon is spot on: "Clever song choice" because it keeps her in. Eff. Eff. Eff.. Next week is "Tears in Heaven." Followed by Born in the USA. I am apoplectic over her talentless dumbass.

Top 3:

David Cook by a mile.

Brook White

big drop to

Michael Johns and Carly Irish

Bottom 3:

Country Kristy

Ramiel

Jason Stupid

So I'm watching this season for the first time ever. Daughter is enjoying it and I have to admit, I am too. My reviews.

David Archuletta: Besides sharing my wife's birthday, I did not feel it. He's got a good voice and the Titanic crowd will take him far. He better not win.

David Cook: 8 finger forehead man, for me, is the best of them all. He plays guitar. He rocks. Incredible performance, of Billie friggin' Jean of all songs. He should have a career after this whether he wins or not. Reminiscent of that other Idol guy Daughtry, but not pretty at all.

Carly Irish: Great voice and I have a soft spot for that Total Eclipse of the Heart (memories). Slipping a bit in the last few weeks. Still border top 3.

Jason Airhead: Should never talk, only sing. Even then, nothing special. Big revelation this week from the childhood pictures: he's white.

Michael cute-Aussie Johns: Best performance of his by a ton. Can see him as a lead for a pop band I'll forget 2 years after they have their 1 hit.

Brook White: Brooke + guitar or piano = success. Brooke + band or as front woman = crap. This week, success, despite hiccup at the beginning. And she has my birthday. Top 3.

Seyisha: Whatever. She's got a great voice. She's pretty. She's a bore. She's like the Barbie you get from K-Mart that's $3.99. Still a Barbie but nothing like Prom Barbie.

Chekezie: Like David Cook, he's original. Didn't feel it this week but he doesn't deserve to go home. Yet.

Country Kristy: Ohmy!@#$inghead "God Bless the USA"? !@#$ing red state hick sh--heads will probably keep her alive for another week. Who can criticize a song about dead soldiers? I hate her. Simon is spot on: "Clever song choice" because it keeps her in. Eff. Eff. Eff.. Next week is "Tears in Heaven." Followed by Born in the USA. I am apoplectic over her talentless dumbass.

Top 3:

David Cook by a mile.

Brook White

big drop to

Michael Johns and Carly Irish

Bottom 3:

Country Kristy

Ramiel

Jason Stupid

I was enjoying reading your post until you said this. :beer::thumbsup:

Best performance of season so far! I like the guy, but don't think he'll have the backing to win. He'll have to be that much better than the others every week to get to the bottom 3.

Huh? Whatever, I guess. I like the guy, but I'm a big Jack Johnson fan and he is the same kind of artist.

This is the male Kristy Lee Cooke. Good looks, decent voice, bad performer. Completely over rated.

Do not underestimate the Polynesian vote. They'll keep her in as long as they can...my guess is between 8 and 6.

Yeah, I'm pretty much in love with Brooke.

Pretty much agreed. When it started I had her as one of the best, but lately she's boring.

Can't stand this guy. Gimmicky and thinks way too highly of himself. He's straight up Kareoke. Needs to GO.

She definitely needs to go, but you're a fuggin nutjob.

Top 3:

David Cook by a mile.

Brook White

Archuletta

Bottom 3:

Kristy

Ramiel

Chickckczie

I think Carly has the best voice, but she'll never win because:

That lady on her arm

Her husband's tatooed face-every time they show him she loses votes.

She's from Ireland-Americans want an AMERICAN Idol.

Right now my top three, based on my scoring system are Carly, Brooke, & David A.

Bottom three from worst up are Jason, Ramiele & David C. However David C has really stepped it up the last 2 weeks & should keep rising as the scores are very close.

I expect Ramiele to go, but Jason or Kristy wouldn't shock me.

Yeah. Well. I know who's kept her alive thus far and for that reason, I cuss them out. (I have nothing against Red Staters in general, but who else is supporting this woman?)

I don't follow the show that much (my wife does), but I'm rooting for Kristy because she sold her horse to get on the show. It's a cute, different type of story. So she'd ge tmy vote, if I actually voted.

I think Carly needs to go -- she's already had a record deal and a label has already spent MILLIONS on her a few years ago. Why should she get to compete?

I don't follow the show that much (my wife does), but I'm rooting for Kristy because she sold her horse to get on the show. It's a cute, different type of story. So she'd ge tmy vote, if I actually voted.

I think Carly needs to go -- she's already had a record deal and a label has already spent MILLIONS on her a few years ago. Why should she get to compete?

Screw her and her horse. Want to hear a wretched performance of hers? Click if you dare

http://youtube.com/watch?v=txfuK1I1Opc&feature=related

Revisiting that link to find it makes me want to puncture my ears with an ice pick.

Huh? Whatever, I guess. I like the guy, but I'm a big Jack Johnson fan and he is the same kind of artist.

He's cute and dreamy and whatever. The guy is dumb as a jar of mayonnaise and seems to have the same ho-hum performance every week. In my book, he gets booted between 6-8.

Yeah, I'm pretty much in love with Brooke.

Glad she left that "Here Comes the Sun" in the past. She's best when she's genuine and doesn't step outside herself. She could be a College Radio/Coffee House sort of songwriter star in the Joan Baez/Dar Williams/Sarah McGloughlin/Shawn Colvin vein. I'd buy her album. If you are at all soft at heart, you love Brooke. If America boots her before top 3, I'll move to Canada.

The whole state of Oregon? :thumbsup:

Didn't she leave Oregon for Texas? And Fezmid, blondie was signed to a label too. She didn't get millions of dollars put behind her, but that's just cause she's crap in comparison.

I can't believe the Philipino chick wasn't in the bottom three. The flips are voting in force I guess...

I can see a few of the remaining contestants getting deals and doing well for an album or so. This is by far the most talented field they have ever put up though.

The show dynamics this year are really different than in years past. Syeshea is the only black, soul singer left in the competition which is odd compared to last year with Shrek and the other Large Marge who had no chance at pop success, but still made it pretty far.

Didn't she leave Oregon for Texas? And Fezmid, blondie was signed to a label too. She didn't get millions of dollars put behind her, but that's just cause she's crap in comparison.

Not sure about that but when ever they show her name it says "Selma, OR" under it. :thumbsup:

David Cook's performance was awesome...that's two solid outings from him in the past few weeks ("Eleanor Rigby"). I thought this guy was boring and a watered down rocker wanna-be, but he's proven me wrong. I just can't believe my girl Syesha isn't getting more love!