Free Agent Tight End Ben Troupe

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/mar/25/sp...rt/?sports-bucs

"Free agency started at what, 12 o'clock midnight here. Well, it was 11 o'clock in Tennessee and Gruden called me at 11:01, 11:02," Troupe said. "All totaled, he called me three times. He even called me once when I was in Buffalo, saying 'You don't want to go to Buffalo, man.'"

Gruden was right about that. Troupe visited Buffalo and experienced one of the city's infamous winter days (temperatures in the teens and so much snow that he nearly was stranded) and immediately scratched the Bills off his list of potential new teams.

Troupe visited Buffalo and experienced one of the city's infamous winter days (temperatures in the teens and so much snow that he nearly was stranded) and immediately scratched the Bills off his list of potential new teams.

What a Sally. But what do I know, I live in Atlanta :)

What a Sally. But what do I know, I live in Atlanta :)

I live just north of you in Chattanooga. I was in WNY at Easter. God awful weather!

Bless you guys there. Take heart. I can report unequivicably that Spring has begun this year and it's working it's way north..

I live just north of you in Chattanooga. I was in WNY at Easter. God awful weather!

Bless you guys there. Take heart. I can report unequivicably that Spring has begun this year and it's working it's way north..

Well, it was cold here but I wouldnt say it was god awfull. It was sunny the whole weekend & temps were in the low 30s with very little wind. Not ideal weather for this time of year but it could be worse. Last year at this time I was out golfing so it has been unusually cold March, but what are you going to do. Look at all the flooding that is going on in the south/midwest right now. Could be alot worse. Maybe we will have a warm april.

Well, it was cold here but I wouldnt say it was god awfull. It was sunny the whole weekend & temps were in the low 30s with very little wind. Not ideal weather for this time of year but it could be worse. Last year at this time I was out golfing so it has been unusually cold March, but what are you going to do. Look at all the flooding that is going on in the south/midwest right now. Could be alot worse. Maybe we will have a warm april.

Right. Everyplace has it's own weather issues. I am in Atlanta too and we just had the tornadoes and have been fighting a drought for a year.

Though my blood has been thinned living here a dozen years now, I don't mind going home to Buffalo and experiencing sunny days in the 30's. Blizzards are something else, of course, but I would rather have a traditional snowstorm than have my home ruined by flooding or tornadoes.

and that's the deal with getting FA to sign in Buffalo. Weather, economy, ammenities are all sub par in comparison to most other NFL towns...

So people B word when a FA doesn't sign with Buffalo, but if a player doesn't want to be here there not going to sign...

and that's the deal with getting FA to sign in Buffalo. Weather, economy, ammenities are all sub par in comparison to most other NFL towns...

So people B word when a FA doesn't sign with Buffalo, but if a player doesn't want to be here there not going to sign...

I could buy that. I would gather to say that most NFL players are originally from the south, or at least a decent % of them. It must be a culture shock to them when they come here in early march & it is snowing. I remember the day troupe came. I think it was the 1st week of march & it was miserable that day. Didnt snow alot, but it was windy, cold & flurries all day. I remember thinking to myself that day there is noway unless the money is so much more then other teams that he is going to sign here. So there is definately something to it. But as in everything in life, if the money is right, they will sign here, weather be damned.

We had the same problem at Notre Dame. Believe it or not the weather is pretty comparable to Buffalo because of the ridiculous amount of lake effect snow. Now that kids go to school mainly as a springboard for the pros, less and less are willing to go to places like ND where the weather is terrible just for the academics. I mean, why go to South Bend or Buffalo when you can sign somewhere like Miami where the weather is nice if you're going to play for a middling team? The only thing that will really attract FAs to Buffalo is having a winning team. That's just my opinion of course.

why do we waste band width to discuss a backup tight end.? He's done nothing to deserve any accolades... and he got beaten out by Bo Scaiffe in Tenn. Man... he brings nothing but adequate depth to a team. Don't we already have two backup tight ends... Royal and Anderson?