Here's my mock first round draft.

What site did you lift this from Tipster??

:thumbsup:

Wow! Thanks, I'll take that as a huge compliment. It's no secret that I pour over all kinds of speculations, trades and potential draft prospects. I thought that I'd give it a shot, it's the ultimate speculation.

It wasn't too difficult getting the first 15 picks or so but then it took some time to try and address the rest of the prospects and the remaining teams' needs and desires. I think that I did a decent job in my first ever 1st rd mock draft. That's why I wanted some feedback on this particular post, my other posts I could give two hoots about as far as feedback goes. I think that if I have a fair amount of accuracy in this mock then next year I might go after it even more and possibly try a 2 or 3 rd mock. It's not easy, that's for sure.

Well, you asked for it, so here is my $0.02 for the first 10 picks without trades.

Miami Chris long

St. louis Gholston

Atlanta Ryan

Oakland Mcfadden

KC Jake Long

N.Y.Jets Harvey

Patriots Mckelvin

Ravens Clady

Bengals Dorsey

Saints DRC

Bills....... I also was hoping for one of the DE to fall to us but it didn't happen. Ellis is here as trade bait. Denver really wants a top DT and they pick next. Phones are open boys...... Any callers?

Probably won't happen, but that is a dream scenario for Buffalo... and if Ellis fell to them by some miracle, they'd be crazy not to get him... From what I've seen of him, Ellis has that quick, penetrating, disruptive style that Buffalo is looking for in the Cover 2... and he would be perfect for pressure on the likes of Brady twice a year... the same pressure that beat Brady in the SB... the only time that anyone was able to get to him....

For once, I'm fine with a copycat philosophy... if it were to work out that way....

No possible way Vernon Gholston makes it past the Jets at #6 he is taylor-made for Mangini Defense. Did you see his proday 4.5 40time and 42 inch vertical leap. Personally I think Gholston goes top 3.

Good call there, they were talking along those lines yesterday on Sirius radio.

me either id jump all over that. But ive heard hes more suited for a 3-4 scheme.... anyone know? Astro?

Ellis is the one DT who could play 3-4 or 4-3. I snatch him up in the first minute of my pick.

BTW, I agree with the folks saying Gholston is going Top 5.

Miami-Jake Long, chris long would be a LB in the 3-4, and Gholston would be a better option if they decided on a LB. While Jake isn't in the same league as a joe Thomas he'll remind tuna of Jumbo elliot

St Louis-Chris Long, fits well in Hasletts attacking defense

Atlanta-Glenn Dorsey. interior defense needs help. QB could be addressed in the 2nd..they have 3 picks there.

Oakland-Darren McFadden, they need a big named draft pick

KC-Matt Ryan, they need a QB, Brodie was 0-6 last year.

Jets-Vernon Gholston easy

Pats-Ryan Clady...one may wonder why, but they lost the super bowl because they couldn't provide enough protection.

Baltimore-Jeff Otah, Odgen is near retirement and they still need a RT. they didn't invest that much into McGahee without addressing the line.

Cinci- Sed Ellis interior defense needs something

NO Roger-cromartie-fills need and coaches get the hottest corner on the market

Buffalo-would be happy with McKelvin or Harvey here, I see reasons to get either.

I would be content with a first day like this

McKelvin

Nelson (unless someone falls into the 2nd or we move into the 1st again)

Top DE or TE

• 5 weeks later...
Feel free to adjust the picks with your own.

1. Miami- De Chris Long- It's the best return for the Fins plus it's Howie's kid, he's NFL groomed.

2. St. Louis- OT Jake Long- Having a decimated OL and T Orlando Pace wearing, somebody has to protect Bulger.

3. Atlanta- QB Matt Ryan- They aquired RB Michael Turner, their image has taken a beating and Ryan will help restore the fans' belief in the franchise.

4. Oakland- RB Darren McFadden- Sorry Jones, you're out. Al Davis loves his offense and what a great compliment to JaMarcus Russell.

5. Kansas City- DT Glenn Dorsey- His versatility to play in either defense is a plus. Kansas City finally gets it right and drafts the right DT.

6. New York- CB Leodis McKelvin- The Jets were one of the most active teams in free agency, alot of areas were addressed but here they solidfy the secondary.

7. New England- DE Vernon Gholston- He can play with a hand on the ground or as a OLB who is more than just a competent replacement for Roosevelt Colvin.

8. Baltimore- DT Sedrick Ellis- Best player available and Baltimore isn't afraid to keep their lines stocked. RDT Trevor Price is aging and this refuels their DL.

9. Cincinatti- LB Keith Rivers- They really need help on defense and at the LB position. This is a no brainer.

10. New Orleans- CB Aqib Talib- When did the Saints ever have a decent secondary? Talib not only has good size but can also play man and zone.

11. DE Derrick Harvey- I'll reserve comment here.

12. OT Ryan Clady- Denver is getting away from zone blocking and they need help in protecting Cutler. San Diego exposed them last year.

13. S Kenny Phillips- This more about the shortage of quality of Safeties in this draft and Mike Minter retiring.

14. Chicago- RB Rashard Mendenhall- Cedric Benson can't stay healthy and has been a disappointment. Here they look for a playmaker on offense.

15. Detroit- CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie- The Lions fall in love with DRC's speed.

16. Arizona- CB Mike Jenkins- The Cardinals' secondary is dangerously thin, CB is the pick here.

17. Minnesota- OL Branden Albert- Good bye Branden. OL Bryant McKinnie is on thin ice and the Vikes can't rely on him with his off the field antics.

18. Houston- OT Chris Williams- The Texans get lucky and get the player that they wanted all along.

19. Philadelphia- WR Devin Thomas- Mcnabb needs a playmaker and that's exactly what Thomas is.

20. Tampa- Kentwan Balmer- The Bucs really wanted Devin Thomas but they lost out to the Eagles so they settle for the next best thing, a versatile DT.

21. Washington- Wr Limas Sweed- The 'Skins get their big body wide out in Sweed.

22. Dallas- RB Jamaal Charles- He should be a great compliment to Barber.

23. Pittsburgh- DE Phillip Merling- He has the demeanor to be a Steeler-mean- and can play a variety of positions in different schemes.

24. Tennessee- RB Jonathan Stewart- If he can stay healthy than he's the homerun threat to compliment Vince Young.

25. Seattle- TE Dustin Keller- No more Jeremy Stevens and after last year's disaster, no more Marcus Pollard. The 'Hawks' offense depend on a receiving TE.

26. Jacksonville- DE Calais Campbell- Now that Stroud is gone, the Jaguars need somebody to pair up with Henderson and Campbell is great against the run.

27. San Diego- OT Jeff Otah- He's a steal at this slot and AJ Smith is all over it.

28. Dallas- CB Antoine Cason- Cason has been invited to the Valley Ranch training complex for a pre draft visit.

29. San Francisco- OT Gosder Cherilus- The 49'ers can always use OL help, especially with Jonas Jennings on the roster an a aging Larry Allen.

30. Green Bay- CB reggie Smith- He has played S and now CB and offers the Packers great versatility in their secondary.

31. New York- CB Brandon Flowers- This is the Giants' biggest need.

Whew! That was alot of work but I think that I covered it all. Any input or comments, good or bad, are appreciated.

1. Miami- OT Jake Long

2. St Louis- DE Chris Long

3. Atlanta- DT Glenn Dorsey

4. Oakland- RB Darren McFadden

5. Kansas City- DT Sedrick Ellis

6. NY Jets- QB Matt Ryan

7. New England- DE Vernon Ghoulston

8. Baltimore- OL Branden Albert

9. Cincinnati- LB Keith Rivers

10. New Orleans- CB Aqib Talib

11. Buffalo- DE Derrick Harvey

12. Denver- OT Ryan Clady

13. Carolina- S Kenny Phillips

14. Chicago- OT Jeff Otah

15. Detroit- RB Rashard Mendenhall

16. Arizona- CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

17. Kansas City- OT Gosder Cherilus

18. Houston- LB Jerod Mayo

19. Philadelphia- WR Devin Thomas

20. Tampa- CB Mike Jenkins

21. Washington- WR James Hardy

22. Dallas- RB Felix Jones

23. Pittsburgh- OT Chris Williams

24. Tennessee- WR Limas Sweed

25. Seattle- TE Dustin Keller

26. Jacksonville- DE Phillip Merling

27. San Diego- RB Jonathan Stewart

28. Dallas- CB Antoine Cason

29. San Francisco- DT Kentwan Balmer

30. Green Bay- TE Fred Davis

31. *Cheaters

32. NY Giants- CB Reggie Smith

I thought that I'd update it one last time. Does this look reasonable?

1. Miami- OT Jake Long

2. St Louis- DE Chris Long

3. Atlanta- DT Glenn Dorsey

4. Oakland- RB Darren McFadden

5. Kansas City- DT Sedrick Ellis

6. NY Jets- QB Matt Ryan

7. New England- DE Vernon Ghoulston

8. Baltimore- OL Branden Albert

9. Cincinnati- LB Keith Rivers

10. New Orleans- CB Aqib Talib

11. Buffalo- DE Derrick Harvey

12. Denver- OT Ryan Clady

13. Carolina- S Kenny Phillips

14. Chicago- OT Jeff Otah

15. Detroit- RB Rashard Mendenhall

16. Arizona- CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

17. Kansas City- OT Gosder Cherilus

18. Houston- LB Jerod Mayo

19. Philadelphia- WR Devin Thomas

20. Tampa- CB Mike Jenkins

21. Washington- WR James Hardy

22. Dallas- RB Felix Jones

23. Pittsburgh- OT Chris Williams

24. Tennessee- WR Limas Sweed

25. Seattle- TE Dustin Keller

26. Jacksonville- DE Phillip Merling

27. San Diego- RB Jonathan Stewart

28. Dallas- CB Antoine Cason

29. San Francisco- DT Kentwan Balmer

30. Green Bay- TE Fred Davis

31. *Cheaters

32. NY Giants- CB Reggie Smith

I thought that I'd update it one last time. Does this look reasonable?

Reasonable, yes :lol:

Just some quick thoughts(just my opinion)

The 10th pick is way too early for Talib, Cromartie and Jenkins will go before him.

The 13th pick is way too early for Phillips,he's a very late first at best.

If Dallas took a RB and Stewart was available, he'd be the choice.

For that matter, I love Jonathan Stewart, and think he is a legitimate top 10 back, will last no longer than pick 20.

I don't think Cason will go in the first round.