Here's my mock first round draft.

Feel free to adjust the picks with your own.

1. Miami- De Chris Long- It's the best return for the Fins plus it's Howie's kid, he's NFL groomed.

2. St. Louis- OT Jake Long- Having a decimated OL and T Orlando Pace wearing, somebody has to protect Bulger.

3. Atlanta- QB Matt Ryan- They aquired RB Michael Turner, their image has taken a beating and Ryan will help restore the fans' belief in the franchise.

4. Oakland- RB Darren McFadden- Sorry Jones, you're out. Al Davis loves his offense and what a great compliment to JaMarcus Russell.

5. Kansas City- DT Glenn Dorsey- His versatility to play in either defense is a plus. Kansas City finally gets it right and drafts the right DT.

6. New York- CB Leodis McKelvin- The Jets were one of the most active teams in free agency, alot of areas were addressed but here they solidfy the secondary.

7. New England- DE Vernon Gholston- He can play with a hand on the ground or as a OLB who is more than just a competent replacement for Roosevelt Colvin.

8. Baltimore- DT Sedrick Ellis- Best player available and Baltimore isn't afraid to keep their lines stocked. RDT Trevor Price is aging and this refuels their DL.

9. Cincinatti- LB Keith Rivers- They really need help on defense and at the LB position. This is a no brainer.

10. New Orleans- CB Aqib Talib- When did the Saints ever have a decent secondary? Talib not only has good size but can also play man and zone.

11. DE Derrick Harvey- I'll reserve comment here.

12. OT Ryan Clady- Denver is getting away from zone blocking and they need help in protecting Cutler. San Diego exposed them last year.

13. S Kenny Phillips- This more about the shortage of quality of Safeties in this draft and Mike Minter retiring.

14. Chicago- RB Rashard Mendenhall- Cedric Benson can't stay healthy and has been a disappointment. Here they look for a playmaker on offense.

15. Detroit- CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie- The Lions fall in love with DRC's speed.

16. Arizona- CB Mike Jenkins- The Cardinals' secondary is dangerously thin, CB is the pick here.

17. Minnesota- OL Branden Albert- Good bye Branden. OL Bryant McKinnie is on thin ice and the Vikes can't rely on him with his off the field antics.

18. Houston- OT Chris Williams- The Texans get lucky and get the player that they wanted all along.

19. Philadelphia- WR Devin Thomas- Mcnabb needs a playmaker and that's exactly what Thomas is.

20. Tampa- Kentwan Balmer- The Bucs really wanted Devin Thomas but they lost out to the Eagles so they settle for the next best thing, a versatile DT.

21. Washington- Wr Limas Sweed- The 'Skins get their big body wide out in Sweed.

22. Dallas- RB Jamaal Charles- He should be a great compliment to Barber.

23. Pittsburgh- DE Phillip Merling- He has the demeanor to be a Steeler-mean- and can play a variety of positions in different schemes.

24. Tennessee- RB Jonathan Stewart- If he can stay healthy than he's the homerun threat to compliment Vince Young.

25. Seattle- TE Dustin Keller- No more Jeremy Stevens and after last year's disaster, no more Marcus Pollard. The 'Hawks' offense depend on a receiving TE.

26. Jacksonville- DE Calais Campbell- Now that Stroud is gone, the Jaguars need somebody to pair up with Henderson and Campbell is great against the run.

27. San Diego- OT Jeff Otah- He's a steal at this slot and AJ Smith is all over it.

28. Dallas- CB Antoine Cason- Cason has been invited to the Valley Ranch training complex for a pre draft visit.

29. San Francisco- OT Gosder Cherilus- The 49'ers can always use OL help, especially with Jonas Jennings on the roster an a aging Larry Allen.

30. Green Bay- CB reggie Smith- He has played S and now CB and offers the Packers great versatility in their secondary.

31. New York- CB Brandon Flowers- This is the Giants' biggest need.

Whew! That was alot of work but I think that I covered it all. Any input or comments, good or bad, are appreciated.

9. Cincinatti- LB Keith Rivers- They really need help on defense and at the LB position. This is a no brainer.

Whew! That was alot of work but I think that I covered it all. Any input or comments, good or bad, are appreciated.

I'd be a bit surprised to see CIN go for a LB.

They have plenty, but the last two seasons, starters dropped like flies.

They expect MLB Ahmad Brooks and MLB Thurmann O'Dell to return. They re-signed OLB's Rashard Jeanty and Dhani Jones, signed UFA Daryl Blackstock (AZ) and UFA Brandon Johnson (STL).

Street FA Jones was a pleasant surprise last season with 89 total tackles in 9 starts. Another mid-season acquisition, Anthony Schlegal, played OK.

They had hopes for a rookie out of Ga. Tech - Erick Henderson, who broke his wrist in practice before season's start.

They acquired DE Antwan Odom from TEN, and because of last years' wipe-out of LB starters, DE Robt. Geathers played several games at LB.

However, the defensive-guru-who-proved-not-to-be-a-defensive-guru...Marvin Lewis, certainly is in love with linebackers. :)

Nice mock, here are some of my thoughts

Don't think the Falcons will select Matt Ryan I think they build around their defensive minded headcoach.

No possible way Vernon Gholston makes it past the Jets at #6 he is taylor-made for Mangini Defense. Did you see his proday 4.5 40time and 42 inch vertical leap. Personally I think Gholston goes top 3.

I'd expect the Ravens to look at CB even if Sedrick Ellis on the board(although I think he is gone at this point), especially with DRC or Mike Jenkins Aqib Talib still out there. Rex Ryan's aggressive defense is built on CBs that can lockdown and an aging Chris McCalister and Samari Roell I expect them to look for a CB. + the new headcoach is former defensive back coach as well.

For what its worth here is my top ten (might not go with this way but it should):

1 Miami - DE/OLB Vernon Gholston

2. Rams - RT Jake Long

3. Falcons - DE Glenn Dorsey

4. Raiders - RB McFadden I think I may be a victim of group think here (as there are better options for the raiders, then again Al Davis is Crazy) I guess I'll go with the herd

5. Kansas City - DT Sedrick Ellis

6 New York Jets - DE Chris Long Steal Here

7. New England - CB Leodis McKelvin

8. Baltimore - Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie

9. Cincy - RT Jeff Otah

10. New Orleans - LB Keith Rivers (I could see how CB tempts then but they just signed Randall Gay)

Obviously my big one is Long falling out of the top 5 I also think its possible that Matt Ryan could fall completely out of the top 10.

I see some mocks that have Mendenhall ranked above McFadden. Honestly, the best case for Buffalo would be to have either Mendenhall or McFadden still there at the 11th pick and give the Cowboys a call........see if we can get their 2 first round picks.

By the way nice mock.........one of the better ones ive seen

I don't ever clamor for responses to my posts but c'mon fellas, there's been over 350 views and only 5 responses??! I poured over this and I even invited for negative critisism if that's what was thought justified. This just isn't football tidbits or idle football speculations. This was some WORK and I'm only asking for some input, good or bad. Tweak it yourself if need be but please, enough of the Looky Lous and at least add SOME participation. Thank you.

PS-This was a labor of love for me and it only comes around once a year. If a decent percentage of all the people who have viewed this will add some kind of opinion on it I'll make a deal with everyone. I will reframe from my massive onslaught of posts for awhile. How's that? Deal?

great mock. i could see the top 10 (therefore 11) working out exactly like that. and im going to be extra pissed when the pats get gholston.

Thanks DrDankenstein, I appreciate youfr acknowledgement. Please, feel free to change something that you think that I may have erred on.

I think Dorsey and Ellis will be the top two picks overall. Its getting harder and harder to find good DTs. I have the best WR's as Hardy and Sweed- I'd love to trade down and get one of them and Kentwan Balmer. If a trade down could net us another 3rd or 4th rounder we could add a center

I think there will be more like five or six WRs taken in the first round, with a run starting around the Eagles' pick. Tampa, Dallas, Tennessee, Seattle, and San Francisco could all take WRs in the first round, in addition to the Bills, Eagles, and Redskins. I realize you're not making trades, so it seems like the Bills won't take one at 11, but I really think WR will be their top pick. Don't count on there being good ones available later.

I really don't know enough about the rest of the teams to know who should fall where. You put Talib higher than the experts, but who knows?

I also would be very surprised to see Keller go to the Seahawks, and if the picks fall as you predict to that point, they would go for a WR.

Kelly will go in the first round, maybe to the Cowboys at the bottom. So will Mannginham.

I don't see the Jets taking a CB in the first again this year. If everything falls as you have it, I could even see them going for Clady at that point.

lol, and i hadnt even seen your post begging for attention :)

Don't take it as begging. I post alot more than my share but I feel that I bring more good than bad to this board. 90+% of my posts are just off the cuff opinions, speculations and player updates. Not the biggest effort needs to go into these kinds of posts but this one here was laborish. I know that alot of my posts entertain, even when I get flamed for them. I notice that plenty of them get viewed, even when the responses are low but this one is different, I earned interaction on this one.

I think Dorsey and Ellis will be the top two picks overall. Its getting harder and harder to find good DTs. I have the best WR's as Hardy and Sweed- I'd love to trade down and get one of them and Kentwan Balmer. If a trade down could net us another 3rd or 4th rounder we could add a center

I admit that Hardy is someone that I expected to go in the 2nd rd but with what has been rumored with the big three, Kelly (knees), Sweed (not physical enough, wrist injury) and Thomas (only 6 catches in 2006), I might have undervalued Hardy abit and he could sneak into the end of the first rd now. I like your idea of accumalating an extra 3rd or 4th rd pick and taking a C if we were to trade down.

I think there will be more like five or six WRs taken in the first round, with a run starting around the Eagles' pick. Tampa, Dallas, Tennessee, Seattle, and San Francisco could all take WRs in the first round, in addition to the Bills, Eagles, and Redskins. I realize you're not making trades, so it seems like the Bills won't take one at 11, but I really think WR will be their top pick. Don't count on there being good ones available later.

I really don't know enough about the rest of the teams to know who should fall where. You put Talib higher than the experts, but who knows?

I also would be very surprised to see Keller go to the Seahawks, and if the picks fall as you predict to that point, they would go for a WR.

Kelly will go in the first round, maybe to the Cowboys at the bottom. So will Mannginham.

I don't see the Jets taking a CB in the first again this year. If everything falls as you have it, I could even see them going for Clady at that point.

I won't disagree with what you say overall because this is only my opinion and speculation. I would like to talk about Seattle and their WR situation for a moment though. They made the trade for Branch and Burleson while they let San Fran have Darrell Jackson and booting Koren Robinson for obvious reasons. while there was no of predicting about Branch getting injured, I do believe that Burleson was added not only out of spite for them losing Steve Hutchinson to Minnesota but also because they felt that Jackson was suspect and Burleson would be a competent replacement. I think so far that they were more right than wrong about this one. Was there any suspicion about letting Hackett go so easily? If they are so thin at the WR position, then why not make more of an effort to retain Hackett? Injury prone? No, I don't see it that way but maybe I'm wrong about this one. I think that the 'Hawks are more confident about their receiving corp than what the public believes. They got Jordan Kent, he's tendered for a 6th rder, who I believe will be an important part in this year's offense. The guy is just an absolute fantastic athlete and now he's got a year under his belt. I wanted Buffalo to draft him badly last year with one of our 7th rders but Seattle got him instead. Keep an eye on this this, I think that this guy is going to surprise alot of people from around the league this year.

I won't disagree with what you say overall because this is only my opinion and speculation. I would like to talk about Seattle and their WR situation for a moment though. They made the trade for Branch and Burleson while they let San Fran have Darrell Jackson and booting Koren Robinson for obvious reasons. while there was no of predicting about Branch getting injured, I do believe that Burleson was added not only out of spite for them losing Steve Hutchinson to Minnesota but also because they felt that Jackson was suspect and Burleson would be a competent replacement. I think so far that they were more right than wrong about this one. Was there any suspicion about letting Hackett go so easily? If they are so thin at the WR position, then why not make more of an effort to retain Hackett? Injury prone? No, I don't see it that way but maybe I'm wrong about this one. I think that the 'Hawks are more confident about their receiving corp than what the public believes. They got Jordan Kent, he's tendered for a 6th rder, who I believe will be an important part in this year's offense. The guy is just an absolute fantastic athlete and now he's got a year under his belt. I wanted Buffalo to draft him badly last year with one of our 7th rders but Seattle got him instead. Keep an eye on this this, I think that this guy is going to surprise alot of people from around the league this year.

You actually leave off the Seahawks leading receiver, Bobby Engram. Their top three last year were Engram, Burleson, and Branch in that order. Hackett was fourth. I'll take your word on Kent, but how much could you expect from a guy who didn't have a catch last year? Obviously, something else was up with Hackett that we the fans didn't know about, or he would've gotten more interest than he did. As it was, he got what you'd expect for a 3/4 receiver. The problem with their top three is the same problem with our top three. Their 5'10, 6'0, and 5'9. And in the case of Engram, he's coming off a career year at age 34. All this adds up to adding a big receiver. And with Hardy and Kelly still on the board, I'd expect it to be one of them.

Well, you asked for it, so here is my $0.02 for the first 10 picks without trades.

Miami Chris long

St. louis Gholston

Atlanta Ryan

Oakland Mcfadden

KC Jake Long

N.Y.Jets Harvey

Patriots Mckelvin

Ravens Clady

Bengals Dorsey

Saints DRC

Bills....... I also was hoping for one of the DE to fall to us but it didn't happen. Ellis is here as trade bait. Denver really wants a top DT and they pick next. Phones are open boys...... Any callers?

Well, you asked for it, so here is my $0.02 for the first 10 picks without trades.

Miami Chris long

St. louis Gholston

Atlanta Ryan

Oakland Mcfadden

KC Jake Long

N.Y.Jets Harvey

Patriots Mckelvin

Ravens Clady

Bengals Dorsey

Saints DRC

Bills....... I also was hoping for one of the DE to fall to us but it didn't happen. Ellis is here as trade bait. Denver really wants a top DT and they pick next. Phones are open boys...... Any callers?

If somehow Ellis is there, I don't even consider trading.

While I dont have a problem with the Derek Harvey selection......I am just wondering what you would do with the offensive side of the ball.....

I am really just praying to god we can find a trade down parter......I think our ends will look much better now that teams are not going to be able to run on us up the middle and we can get some inside pressure.......

1. Miami- De Chris Long- It's the best return for the Fins plus it's Howie's kid, he's NFL groomed.

2. St. Louis- OT Jake Long- Having a decimated OL and T Orlando Pace wearing, somebody has to protect Bulger.

3. Atlanta- QB Matt Ryan- They aquired RB Michael Turner, their image has taken a beating and Ryan will help restore the fans' belief in the franchise.

4. Oakland- RB Darren McFadden- Sorry Jones, you're out. Al Davis loves his offense and what a great compliment to JaMarcus Russell.

5. Kansas City- DT Glenn Dorsey- His versatility to play in either defense is a plus. Kansas City finally gets it right and drafts the right DT.

6. New York- CB Leodis McKelvin- The Jets were one of the most active teams in free agency, alot of areas were addressed but here they solidfy the secondary.

7. New England- DE Vernon Gholston- He can play with a hand on the ground or as a OLB who is more than just a competent replacement for Roosevelt Colvin.

8. Baltimore- DT Sedrick Ellis- Best player available and Baltimore isn't afraid to keep their lines stocked. RDT Trevor Price is aging and this refuels their DL.

10. New Orleans- CB Aqib Talib- When did the Saints ever have a decent secondary? Talib not only has good size but can also play man and zone.

11. DE Derrick Harvey- I'll reserve comment here.

12. OT Ryan Clady- Denver is getting away from zone blocking and they need help in protecting Cutler. San Diego exposed them last year.

13. S Kenny Phillips- This more about the shortage of quality of Safeties in this draft and Mike Minter retiring.

14. Chicago- RB Rashard Mendenhall- Cedric Benson can't stay healthy and has been a disappointment. Here they look for a playmaker on offense.

15. Detroit- CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie- The Lions fall in love with DRC's speed.

16. Arizona- CB Mike Jenkins- The Cardinals' secondary is dangerously thin, CB is the pick here.

17. Minnesota- OL Branden Albert- Good bye Branden. OL Bryant McKinnie is on thin ice and the Vikes can't rely on him with his off the field antics.

18. Houston- OT Chris Williams- The Texans get lucky and get the player that they wanted all along.

19. Philadelphia- WR Devin Thomas- Mcnabb needs a playmaker and that's exactly what Thomas is.

20. Tampa- Kentwan Balmer- The Bucs really wanted Devin Thomas but they lost out to the Eagles so they settle for the next best thing, a versatile DT.

21. Washington- Wr Limas Sweed- The 'Skins get their big body wide out in Sweed.

22. Dallas- RB Jamaal Charles- He should be a great compliment to Barber.

23. Pittsburgh- DE Phillip Merling- He has the demeanor to be a Steeler-mean- and can play a variety of positions in different schemes.

24. Tennessee- RB Jonathan Stewart- If he can stay healthy than he's the homerun threat to compliment Vince Young.

25. Seattle- TE Dustin Keller- No more Jeremy Stevens and after last year's disaster, no more Marcus Pollard. The 'Hawks' offense depend on a receiving TE.

26. Jacksonville- DE Calais Campbell- Now that Stroud is gone, the Jaguars need somebody to pair up with Henderson and Campbell is great against the run.

27. San Diego- OT Jeff Otah- He's a steal at this slot and AJ Smith is all over it.

28. Dallas- CB Antoine Cason- Cason has been invited to the Valley Ranch training complex for a pre draft visit.

29. San Francisco- OT Gosder Cherilus- The 49'ers can always use OL help, especially with Jonas Jennings on the roster an a aging Larry Allen.

30. Green Bay- CB reggie Smith- He has played S and now CB and offers the Packers great versatility in their secondary.

31. New York- CB Brandon Flowers- This is the Giants' biggest need.

What site did you lift this from Tipster??

:thumbsup: