Selections for first three rounds

still leaves us with no #2 WR and no #1 TE. offense would be 25th-30th. pass

Chances are that the receiver they draft, whoever that may be, will have a hard time beating out established vets like Josh Reed or Roscoe Parrish anyway. A rookie TE is more likely to make an impact, IMO, and this TE class is stronger in developmental TE's than guys who are ready to go. No Jeremy Shockey's in this class.

In short, it's likely that the team is going to be poor in the passing game anyway unless help comes from who is already here.

Chances are that the receiver they draft, whoever that may be, will have a hard time beating out established vets like Josh Reed or Roscoe Parrish anyway. A rookie TE is more likely to make an impact, IMO, and this TE class is stronger in developmental TE's than guys who are ready to go. No Jeremy Shockey's in this class.

In short, it's likely that the team is going to be poor in the passing game anyway unless help comes from who is already here.

As far as your suggestion that a Rook TE might have an immediate impact, I tend to agree. However, I disagree, respectfully, to your analysis of the WR position. Reed is best utilized as a slot receiver, and is likely to have a much more significant impact at that position for the Bills. Parrish is more of a third down receiver, or a guy you use in a Wes Welker type role, but who can also run long routes and burn corners deep. What we don't have is a #2 who can run those moderate routes over the middle and get separation. That is the role the rookie will fill and even if his numbers are superstar, even if they are average for the NFL, that will force teams to respect him. That helps Evans and also likely Reed to have better numbers and more chances to make plays. That will instantly make our team better in the passing game. Adding a pass catching TE to the mix who can stretch the middle of the field deep, only makes the passing game that much better.

Chances are that the receiver they draft, whoever that may be, will have a hard time beating out established vets like Josh Reed or Roscoe Parrish anyway.

I totally agree. I'm not trying to throw stones, but I think most people on the board fantasize about guys like Hardy, Nelson and Thomas stepping in and making a big difference, putting up big numbers. It just doesn't work that way, usually. I would call Dwayne Bowe the exception, not the rule.

Personally, from what I've researched, I think Limas Sweed has the best opportunity to make some difference in his rookie season. Maybe Kelly as well. But if you're looking for a a rookie to step in and be a true number 2, it probably won't happen.

Like Badobilz said, it's going to be tough for any receiver selected in the second round or later to step in and be our number two over Reed or Parrish.

I'm out on Flowers, there's character issues with him and there is no way that I would like to see the Bills use two out of their top four picks on TEs. Read the notes on Flowers...he's trouble.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...donflowers.html

Gotta say I disagree on with you on Flowers I have not seen a corner back play as physical as he does and as good against the run since Quentin Jammer at Texas. As for the perceived character issues I'm going to classify the facebook incident as minor (same as Malcolm Kelly talking about drinking Krunk e.g. Booze + codein in his youtube rap - simply glorification of some aspects hip hop culture). Brandon Flowers would really help our run defence, and his lack of top end speed will be disguised in the cover 2.

Secondly, I'm not sure if your familiar with Cottam or Finley but the only similarity they have is being listed at TE completely different players... Cottam is a devastating blocker reminds me a lot of Mark Bruener and Kyle Brady he can take on DE's and LB and he is a good enough receiver that teams have to worry about him the red zone, I think he will be especially good in the play-action game.

Finley on the other hand reminds me of less polished Dallas Clark. Split him out he can run posts and uses his height + vert to go up and get balls over the middle, run a few bubble screens basically just have him attacking upfield at the safety so it become difficult to double Lee Evans on passing downs.

I can understand your hesitation at picking TEs with our 3rd and 4th pick but personally I have no faith in the current TE group. I don't see Teyo or Schouman panning out, C. Anderson is a stop gap guy IMO, Robert Royal can be an occasional contributer and I just don't know enough about Tim Massaquoi. The TE class while lacking the "can't miss prospect" is uncharacteristically deep IMO and I would like to see the Bills grab a couple guys if they could maybe not with the 3rd 4th pick but perhaps like with the 2nd (like most mocks on here) and then later on with a 6 depending on who is out there when the Bills draft.