Woman killed by stingray... while she's in a boat!

Fezmid

Can we send mocking emails to your family, or just post about it in places where they probably won't see anything bad about you?

I assume there is some line of decency, but please tell me the appropriate one that would not subject me to the withering ridicule of Steve Stojanovich

I wonder if in 10 years you'll look back and ask yourself "Did I really spend a whole morning of my life arguing this on a message board?"

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if in 10 years you'll look back and ask yourself "Did I really spend a whole morning of my life arguing this on a message board?"

Either wasting it here or somewhere else on the Internet on my day off. Hopefully, though, I won't waste more time reminiscing about it.

Either wasting it here or somewhere else on the Internet on my day off. Hopefully, though, I won't waste more time reminiscing about it.

You have a day off and you're spending it here....? :thumbsup:

Can we send mocking emails to your family, or just post about it in places where they probably won't see anything bad about you?

I assume there is some line of decency, but please tell me the appropriate one that would not subject me to the withering ridicule of Steve Stojanovich

You'll probably want to bring that up with them. I'll be dead, worm food, pushing up the daisies, taking a dirt nap, deader than a door nail, pinning away for the fjords, I'll be an ex-chef, so really don't care what you do.

You'll probably want to bring that up with them. I'll be dead, worm food, pushing up the daisies, taking a dirt nap, deader than a door nail, pinning away for the fjords, I'll be an ex-chef, so really don't care what you do.

I'm going the cremation route. Spending eternity in a box in the ground doesn't seem so great. I'll do the vase thing for a while. It's got to be a cool-looking vase, though. And I don't want it handed down to any idiots. Actually, if there was a way for my ashes to get mixed with ceramic and made into a beer stein, that would be awesome. Glazed...is there a more fitting way to end up? Not in my book.

Has nobody bothered to read the entire article? How can people not mention the last part which was the most incredible.

In 2006, a South Florida man was also critically injured when a stingray flopped into his boat and stung him. James Bertakis, 82, of Lighthouse Point, underwent surgery because the stingray left a foot-long barb in his heart. He has since recovered.

An 82 year old man gets a foot long barb impaled into his heart...and he has recovered? Who the hell recovers from that? I guess it wasn't this guy's "time to go."

I'm going the cremation route. Spending eternity in a box in the ground doesn't seem so great. I'll do the vase thing for a while. It's got to be a cool-looking vase, though. And I don't want it handed down to any idiots. Actually, if there was a way for my ashes to get mixed with ceramic and made into a beer stein, that would be awesome. Glazed...is there a more fitting way to end up? Not in my book.

I was thinking of having my body auctioned off on ebay.

But, seriously, I elect to donate my entire body to whoever thinks they can get some use, from this wreck. Any usable organs (right) can be taken for transplant. The rest of the corpse can go to a medical school...or simply be used for target practice, for all I care.

But, seriously, I elect to donate my entire body to whoever thinks they can get some use, from this wreck. Any usable organs (right) can be taken for transplant. The rest of the corpse can go to a medical school...or simply be used for target practice, for all I care.

I'm taking everything with me into the fire. The less that get's burned the smaller the stein. Anything smaller than at least a pint isn't worth it, really. I'm not going to take the chance that the absence of my liver ( :thumbsup: , like anybody will want that thing) or kidney's turn a vessel for beer into a juice glass. It's all about dignity, El Decano.

Has nobody bothered to read the entire article? How can people not mention the last part which was the most incredible.

An 82 year old man gets a foot long barb impaled into his heart...and he has recovered? Who the hell recovers from that? I guess it wasn't this guy's "time to go."

Good point. With this happening so much, we should to ban stingrays. However, seeing that this is highyl impractical, we should ban boats.

How about this, dean?

http://www.bodyworlds.com/en.html

I'm taking everything with me into the fire. The less that get's burned the smaller the stein. Anything smaller than at least a pint isn't worth it, really. I'm not going to take the chance that the absence of my liver ( :thumbsup: , like anybody will want that thing) or kidney's turn a vessel for beer into a juice glass. It's all about dignity, El Decano.

I actually love the idea of incorporating the ashes into the making of the stein (or something else that reflects one's personality). Maybe they could incorporate my ashes into pizza dough, and then my friends and relatives could freakin' eat me.