Bills host Roger Goodell speech at Chataqua Institute

Sport in America

Roger Goodell, NFL Commissioner will deliver a lecture at Chautauqua Institution's 5,000 seat amphitheatre on Friday, June 27th with George Bodenheimer, President of ESPN and ABC Sports, speaking on Thursday, June 26th.

I wonder if Roger will discuss the benefits of destroying evidence and sweeping cheating allegations under the rug?

PTR

Sport in America

Roger Goodell, NFL Commissioner will deliver a lecture at Chautauqua Institution's 5,000 seat amphitheatre on Friday, June 27th with George Bodenheimer, President of ESPN and ABC Sports, speaking on Thursday, June 26th.

I wonder if Roger will discuss the benefits of destroying evidence and sweeping cheating allegations under the rug?

PTR

Well.....well.......he sure showed Pac Man and Chris Henry who's boss!

huh...10 min drive for me....I may check that out.

ps....Chautauqua. Us locals don't like it when it aint spell'd correctly!

I emailed them about tickets- I'll see what the situation is and post info here:

You can purchase day tickets for entrance to the grounds via the ticket office on your arrival, or advance via phoning the ticket office at 716/357-6250. The day ticket is good from 7 am -8 pm and is 16.00 . Unfortunately that is the only ticket that gets you into the morning lectures. Thank you.

I'm happy to sponsor a TSW representative-

Sport in America

PTR

It's a short drive to Lily Dale... :P

http://www.lilydaleassembly.com/

...BTW, I don't mean to make joke about the Lily Dale community...interesting place.

It's a short drive to Lily Dale... :)

http://www.lilydaleassembly.com/

...BTW, I don't mean to make joke about the Lily Dale community...interesting place.

My wife plays Tarot, so she is very into that stuff(very good at it too). I took her there last year for our anniversary. I thought it would be boring. We ended up having a very nice time. I went and visited one of the mediums and she was spot on with things. Anyway later that day my wife went to some workshop and I was eating at this little place they have, and the Medium I saw was there. She said she used to be a school teacher in PA and she was Poz's teacher, she said that in the fourth grade when the other kids where playing on the playground he would be doing sprints because he wanted to play in the NFL.

my family has a cottage in the institute. i'll definitely be there for this. the Chautauqua Institute is one awesome, completely indescribable place. The only way to describe it is that the place is bigger than anything it puts on. Roger Goodell or not, he's just a guy there with a microphone. Anyhow, closer to the event, we'll have to have a TSW Chautauqua tailgate at the refectory for some ice cream.

huh...10 min drive for me....I may check that out.

ps....Chautauqua. Us locals don't like it when it aint spell'd correctly!

Tomcat...where are you in Jamestown? I've got an aunt & uncle there whom I visit twice a year. Once for the Fourth of July and once when I make my annual pilgrimage for a game in the fall.

Lily Dale is a freaky place. I've never been...but I don't believe in it and I think they are just "very observant" and scam people for $$....good times

I was wondering if you might run some recon for us Tom...

You're right about Lily Dale. Went there once with some crazy aunt of mine when I was a kid. Bunch of charlatans out there, like when the "gypsies" used to come through Chautauqua County every summer. :)

Get us a full transcript of Goodell's diatribe will ya?

Boring and irrelevant Bullpen story of the day:

I really liked just walkin around Chautauqua in the summer. I had an ex-girlfriend who used to work the grounds there (NOT working the grounds in THAT way ya mooks), she was a gardiner or glorified flower planter... whatever. Used to meet her there for lunch in the summer and take her to Hot Rocks for lunch. Really a cool place, like stepping back in time 125 years and you just have this kind of calm feeling wandering around there. Would love to make the TSW tailgate for some ice cream.

my family has a cottage in the institute. i'll definitely be there for this. the Chautauqua Institute is one awesome, completely indescribable place. The only way to describe it is that the place is bigger than anything it puts on. Roger Goodell or not, he's just a guy there with a microphone. Anyhow, closer to the event, we'll have to have a TSW Chautauqua tailgate at the refectory for some ice cream.

I use to work at the Refractory in 1993 when it was the Hot rocks cafe ,grill cookin and ice cream scoopin, fun place to work in the summer as a college kid. The Chautauqua Institution is a very unique place and Ive heard there is nowhere like it anywhere in the world. I saw Hooty and foreigner there in the last few years, as well as the Pendragons(Illusionists in the same category as copperfield)yearly, and its always a good time to go there. If youve never been there, its one of those places you'll never forget. I will definitely go see Goodell speak, should be interesting to hear what he's got to say.

Hey Reverend, I never knew reading tarot cards was a game, I thought it was a sport? :) :-Q

Funny story, that is how I met her. She used to do readings at bars, I was kind of seeing this other girl (not serious, just a friends with benefits kind of thing) who would go see her from time to time. I always refused, kind of creeped me out. However one day I bit and went to see her and we hit it off. Started dating her soon after.

In Jamestown at Woodworth Ave. Grew up on Summit.

what are their names? I actually might now them. (I know lots of people in JMSTN)

Wouldn't mind free tic's......

Would definantely take notes....not sure if its wi-fi or I could broadcast it LIVE!

what are their names? I actually might now them. (I know lots of people in JMSTN)

Would definantely take notes....not sure if its wi-fi or I could broadcast it LIVE!

In addition to notes would ya mind pick us outta towners some Johnnys while your at it too?

There is wi-fi and you should be able to pick up a good enough signal in the amp to broadcast if you really wanted.

There is wi-fi and you should be able to pick up a good enough signal in the amp to broadcast if you really wanted.

I think I could do it...not sure on the video but the audio would be fine.

Have a webcam on a wi-fi laptop.....

depends on how far away I sit and where I could "mount" the computer.

We had out graduation ceremony at Chautauqua Institution...Governer Cuomo was our speaker! Over 400 in our class. My brother had his wedding inside the institution....I have clients inside the institution as well....