Defending Outside the Box- Angles and Trajectory

patfitz

That is pretty much how I would defend it. Get a guy with a big vertical leap to try to get in his face and distract him, and have someone hit him as soon as he gets the ball.

So the guy with the big vertical, you'd bring in a WR to play defense then because even CBs with big verts are like 6'. You'd need Moss or Plaxico Burress type guys, then bury him with a safety or LB. So that's an automatic double team with an offenisve player on the field for defense. That has to make holes for other people. i like the idea more all the time.

FIND ME A GIANT!

Or having good hands.

We're tlaking about a hypothetical man who probably doesn't exist but not all huge guys are klutzy. Yao is an example, Muresan wasn't all knees and elbows. They catch balls all the time in traffic, it's just a different shapped ball.

Tell me Shaq wouldn't be a beast of a red zone TE even though he's "only" around 7'

We're tlaking about a hypothetical man who probably doesn't exist but not all huge guys are klutzy. Yao is an example, Muresan wasn't all knees and elbows. They catch balls all the time in traffic, it's just a different shapped ball.

Tell me Shaq wouldn't be a beast of a red zone TE even though he's "only" around 7'

Maybe so. Guess I'm just used to watching the Bonnies' big men fumble easy passes...