Gvernment healthcare not a government program

VABills

So Kerry is going to tax us all to pay for this 2.2 trillion a year boondoggle.  Yet it's not a government program.  What??????

69573[/snapback]

I fail to see how health care is going to cost what they say it is.

Right now Social Security is something like $534.75 BILLION. It services a very small segment of our society (about 50 million people) with an insignificant payout. I'd love to know how something as expensive as HEALTH CARE is going to cost only 4X as much but be available to 6X as many people.

BTW, one of my best friends is a Canadian. He ruptured a disk in his back 2 months ago. Can't stand or sit for more than 5 minutes. On bed rest. Can't work. Has been told it's going to be at least another 2 months before he can have surgery, IF they are able to move him up due to his condition. He's contemplating spending 20K of his own money to go to Seattle for surgery because he feels like he's dying. Any of you figure you can lose 4 months of work waiting on the government? I didn't think so. Nice system.

Watch out what you wish for people. You just might get it.

seems he is going to have some issues explaining how he is going to manage Social Security as well without changing anything.

69583[/snapback]

No he won't, because most people don't understand the issue, and they like the sound that things don't need to be changed as long as we keep taxing the rich more.