New York Gov #2 enjoys the stray 'tang

Congrats, NY. Continuing to get exactly what you deserve.

What? Some ass? Big freaking deal, like it means anything outside their lives. Let them do what they want to do with their sex lives... That includes everybody. Let them answer to their God.

Sure, it may not be how I live... The thing that bugs me about say Clinton and Spitzer is they should have just told the truth when asked and tell everyone to go pound salt...

I don't care what people do in their personal sex life... Just don't legislate morality!

Are you !@#$ing kidding me? Already?

Would it kill the voters of NYS to just once elect a decent, intelligent human being?

Congrats, NY. Continuing to get exactly what you deserve.

With such spectacular judgment, it's a wonder the state is in the toilet. :pirate:

What? Some ass? Big freaking deal, like it means anything outside their lives. Let them do what they want to do with their sex lives... That includes everybody. Let them answer to their God.

Sure, it may not be how I live... The thing that bugs me about say Clinton and Spitzer is they should have just told the truth when asked and tell everyone to go pound salt...

I don't care what people do in their personal sex life... Just don't legislate morality!

Yeah, being a total screw off in your personal life rarely affects your professionalism. Do you work in a cave?

It's also highly unlikely that a powerful public official can be bribed into doing things not in the best interests of the populous because of unscrupulous behavior away (or in Clinton's case at) from his desk. :pirate:

Stop being such a damn simpleton.

I am humbled to be in the presence of so many of you who have never committed a sin. Really and truly. What's it like to be perfect, so that you can stand in judgement of everyone else?

Puke.

Give it a rest - he admitted to an affair (not a crime) that ended 6-7 years ago, up front in order to get it out in the open and make it a non-issue. Which it is. Look around you - you have no idea what kind of secrets your friends and family carry. And if you have the kind of time on your hands to sit around and fuss over it then perhaps you ought to put it to more productive use in some kind of volunteer capacity.

You gonna say the same thing next time a guy with an ® next to his name falls victim to his or her weaknesses?

The difference has been hypocracy in policies and illegal activity. When an elected official has public policy positions that are in conflict with their secret activity, or they are conducting illegal activity, I believe that disqualifies them from elected office. Whether it's anti-gay legislation while conducting gay activity, prosecuting prostitution while using it themselves, impeaching someone for lying about sex while themselves having an affair, or campaign finance reform while taking bribes, it's all hypocracy regardless of political party. If the activity is legal and not in conflict with public policies, then it's a private family matter until the next election, when the voters can decide if that's the type of person they want to represent them.

You gonna say the same thing next time a guy with an ® next to his name falls victim to his or her weaknesses?

You know if it's not with a child or in a disgusting PUBLIC place like a bathroom, I will probably give them a pass. Have you ever heard me make a stink about GHWB and his affair with his aide-de-camp? Or Eisenhower? Naw.

I deplore perverts of all kinds and hypocrites. I think Spitzer is an idiot - and an idiot who broke the law. You haven't seen me defend him.

If they scream about morals in public and condemn others, then are caught with their own pants down - no mercy. It just so happens that most of those folks seem to have -R's. What can I say? Either the GOP attracts people of weak morals, or they get that way after they're in? Dunno. You tell me.

I am humbled to be in the presence of so many of you who have never committed a sin. Really and truly. What's it like to be perfect, so that you can stand in judgement of everyone else?

While I too don't feel that it is that big of a deal, this argument is lacking. Do you not hold the leaders of society to a higher standard than any normal individual?

While I too don't feel that it is that big of a deal, this argument is lacking. Do you not hold the leaders of society to a higher standard than any normal individual?

Not any more than I hold movie stars, athletes, and others in the public eye who purport to be role models. I'm frankly tired of all the play in the media given to so-and-so and their latest faux pas...who cares.

This guy didn't ask to be governor of NY. In fact from what I've read he wasn't too keen on being Lt. Gov either, although in the end he obviously agreed to run. Maybe part of his reasoning was that he'd be subject to just this kind of scrutiny over his past. I wonder if he had said last week "I am not worthy to serve because I cheated on my wife from 1999-2001" what the reaction would have been?

While it's always disappointing to learn these things about people, there have been some very great leaders throughout history, around the world, who had some pretty bad failings. Some of them are easy to ignore, others not. In the grand scheme of things it's a blip, as are we all.

Puke.

Give it a rest - he admitted to an affair (not a crime) that ended 6-7 years ago, up front in order to get it out in the open and make it a non-issue. Which it is. Look around you - you have no idea what kind of secrets your friends and family carry. And if you have the kind of time on your hands to sit around and fuss over it then perhaps you ought to put it to more productive use in some kind of volunteer capacity.

I'm not judging him, I'm judging the irony of him following his predecessor.

Other than that, I care less about this than I did about Clinton getting fellated by a fat chick in the Oval Office. And I thought that was a serious non-issue.

Not any more than I hold movie stars, athletes, and others in the public eye who purport to be role models. I'm frankly tired of all the play in the media given to so-and-so and their latest faux pas...who cares.

So we should not require more virtue to be a politician than it we do for other public figure? And if this is correct, why not?

So we should not require more virtue to be a politician than it we do for other public figure? And if this is correct, why not?

Greater sins are committed by public officials in the name of "virture" than by any of the unwashed masses. Give me a right bastard any day; at least when he's picking my pockets, he's not telling me it's for my own good.

You know if it's not with a child or in a disgusting PUBLIC place like a bathroom, I will probably give them a pass. Have you ever heard me make a stink about GHWB and his affair with his aide-de-camp? Or Eisenhower? Naw.

I deplore perverts of all kinds and hypocrites. I think Spitzer is an idiot - and an idiot who broke the law. You haven't seen me defend him.

If they scream about morals in public and condemn others, then are caught with their own pants down - no mercy. It just so happens that most of those folks seem to have -R's. What can I say? Either the GOP attracts people of weak morals, or they get that way after they're in? Dunno. You tell me.

If you think that the RIGHT has the market cornered on hypocrisy in regards to espousing morality and then breaking that code, then there is nothing I can do to help you.

The rest of what you wrote....fine by me.

Greater sins are committed by public officials in the name of "virture" than by any of the unwashed masses. Give me a right bastard any day; at least when he's picking my pockets, he's not telling me it's for my own good.

I agree, but I think that is a flaw in the judgment of the people picking the candidates. False virtue != virtue.