Sweed, Kelly, Thomas, Hardy who will it be?

With the lack of attention the WR spot has got this year in Free Agency tells me one thing. Buffalo is drafting a WR or 2 early in this draft.

I think there is a chance Buffalo will take 2 of the 4 that I have mentioned. By doing this you fixed your WR problem for years to come. You can never have too many GOOD WR's on your team.

wait and see I guess....I predict 2 WR's taken

With the lack of attention the WR spot has got this year in Free Agency tells me one thing. Buffalo is drafting a WR or 2 early in this draft.

I think there is a chance Buffalo will take 2 of the 4 that I have mentioned. By doing this you fixed your WR problem for years to come. You can never have too many GOOD WR's on your team.

wait and see I guess....I predict 2 WR's taken

If we can get Dallas's 2 first round picks (24 and 28), we could possibly get 2 of these guys.

Guest dog14787
If we can get Dallas's 2 first round picks (24 and 28), we could possibly get 2 of these guys.

Thats about the only way I see it happening and one of them probably wouldn't be Malcom Kelly because Dallas and the evil Jerry Jones would take him with the 11th pick :thumbsup:

While I agree with you that WR is a big need, they will not take two in the first 2-3 rounds... Not to say they won't draft two WRs, one early, one late... but we have many other needs and a guy named Lee Evans to re-sign...

If the Bills stay put and draft at 11, there are 4 needs they should address (WR, DL, LB, CB)... and depending on who falls, it may not be at WR (a deep position this year that can still yield a starter in the 2nd or 3rd)...

They could draft DL... IF guys like Sedrick Ellis or Vernon Gholston drop (doubtful but I've seen stranger things) or maybe Phillip Merling... Again, DL is a good option, but a little less likely because the DTs probably won't drop (Dorsey & Ellis) and the Bills already have a lot of money invested in DE....

They could take a LB... Crowell is a UFA next year and Ellison and Digiorgio are RFAs... Could we re-sign those guys? Sure... easier when they're RFAs, but having a replacement as well as insurance in case Mitchell isn't everything we need on the weakside gives the Bills something to fall back on... A guy like Keith Rivers could be a tempting pick....

Then there is CB... People have argued that the cover-2 does not put as much emphasis on the back-end, instead using zone-coverage, which argues that CB can be taken later... I for one think a great corner is a great corner.... period. The scheme is secondary to talent... and there are a slew of talented CBs available that the Bills can get.... not to mention we are thin at CB right now....

WR would seem to be the most obvious first choice... At #11 the Bills would most likely have their pick of whoever they see as the most talented and best fit in the offense... It provides insurance if Evans does not re-sign and gives Edwards a tall, jump-ball target... But again, the WR class is deep, the Bills have other needs, and two WRs in rounds 1-3 is a bit too luxurious... especially for a practical team like Buffalo...

Another choice for Buffalo might be to trade down... which would open the possibilities up to other positions like TE, OL, FB, etc. I don't believe trading down is as easy as a lot of fans think it is (people seem to think that's the sure-fire option every year, without fail), but if they could pull off a negotiation, it's a good choice...

I actually believe the Bills will have many options where they sit and a very hard choice... and depending on who falls, they could go a lot of ways... If they have proven anything lately, it is that their choices are very much unpredictable!

I have a feeling it will be Devin Thomas with the 11th pick, as no offer to trade down will be enough to sway us to move the pick. Probably another wide receiver in rounds 4 or 5.

Honestly though, I won't be disappointed with anyone we pick at #11...with the talent that will be there I don't think there is a wrong pick there.

I just see alot of talk about our CB's on the board and to be honest, I think they played fairly well with what they had playing in front of them......They can only be as good as the guys up front and those guys were below average.

I hate trying to compair the Bills to the Giants, but...It seems the Bills are trying to get a DL that can get to the QB. If they can do that a subpar backfield can become fairly decent.....Look at the Giants they didnt have earth shattering talent with their CB's. Yeah they had decent ones, but they were not feared....I think Buffalo has the same type talent, they just need to get better up front.

Now this leads me back to the WR debate. Draft 2 of the 4 above and all of a sudden we have a feared offense with a matter of 2 picks....

Im I the only one who thought Greer played decent football for the most part?

Im not against drafting a CB, if we do I hope its DRC....but if we dont, we may aswell get 2 top notch WR's to help out Evans.

While I agree with you that WR is a big need, they will not take two in the first 2-3 rounds... Not to say they won't draft two WRs, one early, one late... but we have many other needs and a guy named Lee Evans to re-sign...

If the Bills stay put and draft at 11, there are 4 needs they should address (WR, DL, LB, CB)... and depending on who falls, it may not be at WR (a deep position this year that can still yield a starter in the 2nd or 3rd)...

They could draft DL... IF guys like Sedrick Ellis or Vernon Gholston drop (doubtful but I've seen stranger things) or maybe Phillip Merling... Again, DL is a good option, but a little less likely because the DTs probably won't drop (Dorsey & Ellis) and the Bills already have a lot of money invested in DE....

They could take a LB... Crowell is a UFA next year and Ellison and Digiorgio are RFAs... Could we re-sign those guys? Sure... easier when they're RFAs, but having a replacement as well as insurance in case Mitchell isn't everything we need on the weakside gives the Bills something to fall back on... A guy like Keith Rivers could be a tempting pick....

Then there is CB... People have argued that the cover-2 does not put as much emphasis on the back-end, instead using zone-coverage, which argues that CB can be taken later... I for one think a great corner is a great corner.... period. The scheme is secondary to talent... and there are a slew of talented CBs available that the Bills can get.... not to mention we are thin at CB right now....

WR would seem to be the most obvious first choice... At #11 the Bills would most likely have their pick of whoever they see as the most talented and best fit in the offense... It provides insurance if Evans does not re-sign and gives Edwards a tall, jump-ball target... But again, the WR class is deep, the Bills have other needs, and two WRs in rounds 1-3 is a bit too luxurious... especially for a practical team like Buffalo...

Another choice for Buffalo might be to trade down... which would open the possibilities up to other positions like TE, OL, FB, etc. I don't believe trading down is as easy as a lot of fans think it is (people seem to think that's the sure-fire option every year, without fail), but if they could pull off a negotiation, it's a good choice...

I actually believe the Bills will have many options where they sit and a very hard choice... and depending on who falls, they could go a lot of ways... If they have proven anything lately, it is that their choices are very much unpredictable!

No Tight End? you're crazy

No Tight End? you're crazy

No, I never said TE wasn't a need... It is... But I was speaking more to his point about the first round being for a WR... They don't need a TE at the 11th pick.... There are much more pressing needs... and if they are going to keep that pick, there are four positions (DL, LB, CB, WR) where they can get stronger... a TE can be had in the 2nd or 3rd... or, as I said in that post, if they trade down in the 1st....

At the 11th pick, taking the second best DT(if Ellis is there), the best WR, the best CB, or the best LB as opposed to the best TE is sound strategy.... and they won't get 2 WRs in the first 3 rounds.... That's all I was saying...