Really good article on Brad Butler

K-Gun10

BUTLER GOING TO WHARTON AS WELL: After attending Harvard last year as part of the NFL's Business Management and Entrepreneurial program, Butler is headed to the other participating institution. Butler will be headed to Penn's Wharton School of Business as he participates in the program for a second straight year. His classes run through this week.

"My focus at Wharton will be real estate," said Butler. "It sort of covers everything similar to the Harvard program. How to become a better leader, financial analysis, business ethics, business laws, taxes. It kind of covers a bit of everything."

Butler has also cleverly woven some preparations for the upcoming season into his business school curriculum by picking the brains of veteran linemen that he approaches after class.

"There were a lot of older players there that I get great football advice from last year," said Butler. "I’m not shy about it. Both of the guards from the Colts were there and they do a lot of the same techniques that we do and so I asked them about their approach with a certain player. Or when using this specific technique what are they cautious about and what they’re looking at when they’re about to hit a lineman. They gave me some advice."

"I picked Todd Steussie’s brain a bit and he’s been to the Pro Bowl a couple of times. So I took a lot away from the lectures, but also from talking to some veterans."

from Chris Brown.

BUTLER GOING TO WHARTON AS WELL: After attending Harvard last year as part of the NFL's Business Management and Entrepreneurial program, Butler is headed to the other participating institution. Butler will be headed to Penn's Wharton School of Business as he participates in the program for a second straight year. His classes run through this week.

"My focus at Wharton will be real estate," said Butler. "It sort of covers everything similar to the Harvard program. How to become a better leader, financial analysis, business ethics, business laws, taxes. It kind of covers a bit of everything."

Butler has also cleverly woven some preparations for the upcoming season into his business school curriculum by picking the brains of veteran linemen that he approaches after class.

"There were a lot of older players there that I get great football advice from last year," said Butler. "I’m not shy about it. Both of the guards from the Colts were there and they do a lot of the same techniques that we do and so I asked them about their approach with a certain player. Or when using this specific technique what are they cautious about and what they’re looking at when they’re about to hit a lineman. They gave me some advice."

"I picked Todd Steussie’s brain a bit and he’s been to the Pro Bowl a couple of times. So I took a lot away from the lectures, but also from talking to some veterans."

wow

from Chris Brown.

Imagine that... an intelligent O-lineman!?!? I hope it reflects in his play this year. The high point, for me, is that these guys are approaching their second season together. Time to mesh as a unit, so I see improvement coming, barring injury!!