We Will Not Take a WR at 11

CJPearl2

There is no way the Bills will draft a WR at #11. This isn't to say that they will try and trade down and pick one up later in Round One, but they will not - guarantee - pick one at #11. The price isn't right nor are the players worth that much money.

If we stay at #11, we will take a DL or a CB.

I'm not saying we don't NEED a WR, we certainly do. I just don't think the value is there at #11 for one.

There will be plenty of good WR available in round 2 or to trade up from Round 2 into earlier Round 2/ late Round 1 to get (like we did with the Poz pick).

so the #1 wide receiver in the draft wouldnt be worth the 11th spot?didnt calvin johnson go in the top 5 last year? or is it that malcomb kelly isnt worth a top 10 pick.....i would take malcomb at #11 no problem...what if you trade down and malcomb gets taken.we would be upset that the bills were in position to get the best wideout in this years draft and then we had to settle for the 2nd or 3rd best.go bills!

I honestly don't think this year's WRs class is very good. And comparing any of them to Calvin Johnson is not even close. Plus, CJ's number's weren't even that good last year - seeing he was the #2 pick.

Malcolm Kelly struggles to stay healthy. Sweed is good, but not great. I presonally think Manningham is the best of the class and he could be around in late first/early second - although his pro-day's results may vault him higher.

I'd go with Devin Thomas or Manningham later in Round 1 if we could trade down or trade back up.

There is no way the Bills will draft a WR at #11. This isn't to say that they will try and trade down and pick one up later in Round One, but they will not - guarantee - pick one at #11. The price isn't right nor are the players worth that much money.

If we stay at #11, we will take a DL or a CB.

You're wrong...

Greer and McGee are the best CB tandem in the AFC east, the Bills have their starting CBs and one will not be chosen with the first pick. They may chose one with the second round pick if they deem that Youboty can not cut is as the nickel back. I'm shocked at how down fans are with our corners, they played very well last season considering our front seven was the worst in the league.

Edwards, Evans and Lynch are all desperately depending on the Bills getting them a #2 receiver. The Bills had their worst offense in their entire history in main part due to the massive hole over there at that position. For anyone to think that they will fill that position in the second round is to have a way overly optimistic view of the situation.

The Bills will smartly draft either Kelly or Sweed. Just like last year when the clear choice was Peterson or Lynch, this year the only choice is Kelly or Sweed. It's true that the Bills had no shot at Peterson but it was clear to anyone that knows football that Lynch was the last surest guy left at RB. After Kelly and Sweed, you start getting into hoping a guy can get it done.

Sorry, but the Bills are going to smartly and logically draft either Kelly or Sweed.

Wide receiver is the only position where we have a desperate need. There are probably 5-7 starting caliber (for next year) receivers in this draft (Kelly, Sweed, Hardy, Jackson, Thomas, Manningham, and maybe Doucet) and there is a decent chance that all of them may be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd round. A lot of teams need receiving help and those guys at the end of the 1st and beginning of the 2nd are great values.

That is a huge risk to take when you don't have a #2 receiver or even a backup that's really suited to the outside spot. As much as the value might not align at #11, we may have to bite the bullet and take the guy we like best or trade down if we can - but you can't rely on that.

You're wrong...

Greer and McGee are the best CB tandem in the AFC east, the Bills have their starting CBs and one will not be chosen with the first pick. They may chose one with the second round pick if they deem that Youboty can not cut is as the nickel back. I'm shocked at how down fans are with our corners, they played very well last season considering our front seven was the worst in the league.

You may want to check the stats. Against the pass, Buffalo was horrible last year.

Actually, they were slightly better against the run. Teams threw and ran at will basically, however I don't believe the

secoundary will hold up, and with imprved D-line and healthy front seven, this will be exposed.

IMHO.

P.S. I also think they are not happy with Youboty, who appears to be a bust.

You may want to check the stats. Against the pass, Buffalo was horrible last year.

Actually, they were slightly better against the run. Teams threw and ran at will basically, however I don't believe the

secoundary will hold up, and with imprved D-line and healthy front seven, this will be exposed.

IMHO.

P.S. I also think they are not happy with Youboty, who appears to be a bust.

his comment isn't as crazy when you consider that he's only talking about our top 2 corners against 3 other sets of corners. Who is even playing corner for the Pats next year? The Jets drafted Revis, but he was picked on a lot last year - much more so then either McGee or Greer. Who are the corners for Phins? Will Allen? he's terrible.

Greer and McGee weren't fantastic, but a lot of the problems didn't come from them blowing coverages, it came for our backup backup safeties - Wilson was the one repeatedly torched by the Pats - and our backup nickel backs.

We'll see how Youboty does this year - this is his make or break season.

I guess I always try to look at the positive side of things because

a. We addressed our defense in a big way with Stroud, Spencer, and our new Super Bowl LB

b. Poz is coming back....for christ sake our whole team is coming back since half of them were in IR....

c. I am really happy they re signed Whittle.....who I considered very valuable for depth purposes

and D. We are in a position to get OUR PICK of whatever wide receiver we want in the draft....we dont have to worry about anybody taking one before we select so we can scrutinize the heck out of them and take the one we want. if it is Kelly then so be it.

his comment isn't as crazy when you consider that he's only talking about our top 2 corners against 3 other sets of corners. Who is even playing corner for the Pats next year? The Jets drafted Revis, but he was picked on a lot last year - much more so then either McGee or Greer. Who are the corners for Phins? Will Allen? he's terrible.

Greer and McGee weren't fantastic, but a lot of the problems didn't come from them blowing coverages, it came for our backup backup safeties - Wilson was the one repeatedly torched by the Pats - and our backup nickel backs.

We'll see how Youboty does this year - this is his make or break season.

Good points, well said.

I still think the secoundary as a whole is the weak link of the current defenese.

Also, if someone goes down, you're back to John Wendling, George Wilson or

Ashton Youboty.

Not pretty.

Greer and McGee are the best CB tandem in the AFC east?

Are you serious? Is this the same Green that got smoked for about 6 TDS this year by Randy Moss?

I have to agree with you, I don't think Greer and McGee are the best CB tandem in the AFC East. They were definitely serviceable and played solid, but calling them the best tandem in the afc east might be a bit much. However, just about every corner Randy Moss faced got rolled up and smoked....

I think unless a player like Dorsey falls into our laps, or perhaps even taking Rivers, I think we should definitely go WR round one.

Also, say goodbye to Lee Evans if an unproven rookie comes in making more than him.

because he'll be offended that 1st rounders make too much money? That's just the way the league works. No matter who we draft at #11 they'll probably be making more than Lee - though I'm not sure that they will be since players final years of contracts are typically the biggest in terms of base salary.

We need a number 2 receiver. period. If the Bills think they can still get one at 41, then fine. But if they have doubts, then our hand may be forced a bit. There will be good corners available in the 2nd btw.

I really have no opinion as to who they will take. We have no depth at CB and I'm sure this will be addressed more than once in this draft. However, you have to have a trading partner and if there are no takers, what do you do ?

So even, if the "experts" have Limas Sweed or Devin Thomas as late first or early second round picks... well ,we won't get them unless we take them at #11(again assuming no trading partner). I would be very happy to have either one of those guys, in a Bills uniform as Thomas looks fast and a great athlete and Sweed is big, fast enough, and has great hands, not to mention that he was considered a great blocker by his coaching staff.

If the Bills go that route I will be thrilled on April 26, even if Kiper doesn't think we got "value". If value means that we complete that third down catch to keep a drive going, and/or to keep Evans from being double-teamed all the time then IMO we will be getting ONE HELL OF A VALUE with either one of these guys.

My 2 cents. Take Care