John Adams

WWVaBeach

Watched it and thought it was great. Excellent cast. Giamatti is wonderful as usual. Really interesting history lesson for those of us too far removed from school. Really looking forward to the next installments.

I agree. However I don't remember any of my teachers in the Buffalo Public Schools telling me that 1st NY voted no to independence and in the final vote actually abstained. That took me by surprise.

The guy who's playing George Washington looks eerily like the portraits I can remember of our 1st President.

I agree. However I don't remember any of my teachers in the Buffalo Public Schools telling me that 1st NY voted no to independence and in the final vote actually abstained. That took me by surprise.

The guy who's playing George Washington looks eerily like the portraits I can remember of our 1st President.

GW = David Morse. Another great character actor. You won't know his name but will say, "oh, yeah, he was good in . . ."

Overall good acting, well paced (for 50 years of history), and great sets and customs. Not exactly the "good old days." Big fan of Giamatti - American Slendor, Sideways, The Illusionist, etc.

Watched it and thought it was great. Excellent cast. Giamatti is wonderful as usual. Really interesting history lesson for those of us too far removed from school. Really looking forward to the next installments.

I forgot about the damn thing so now I have to play catch up.

What was the first episode...Boston Tea Party trial?

Watched and enjoyed it, but was there two episodes on last night?

Only watched the one titled Join or Die. But saw their was another one on the tivo this morning. Guess easier if i just go the HBO webiste instead of posting drivel here eh?

BTW, guess we do not have to woory bout spoilerizing anything here huh?